Blackguards

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
From the PR:

What happens when the only hope of a threatened world lies not with heroes in shining armor but in the hands of a band of misfits and criminals? Blackguards – the new turn-based RPG by Daedalic Entertainment – explores this very question. The player takes on the role of a convicted murderer, who with the help of a team of more-than-questionable characters, must save the world from a dark menace. During the wild chase throughout the South of Aventuria, the world of The Dark Eye, there is more to fight than vicious creatures – chapter by chapter, a story full of intrigue and surprising twists unfolds. But when life and death are in the player’s hands, how far will they go to reach their goals?

The first turn-based RPG by Daedalic Entertainment unites the studio's high standard of a suspenseful storytelling and unique characters with gripping battles in elaborately crafted 3D-environments. In taxing campaigns the player takes part in a dark story full of doubt, betrayal and loss.

Whether the player chooses to go into battle as a mighty warrior, a clever wizard or a skillful hunter, the first battle isn’t far away. Over 170 individually crafted battle maps full of interactive objects and strategically complex situations lead the player to exotic locations and put them through deadly trials.

More information.

Huu I look at right, Voice Acting: Unknown.

Is really any RPG should have Voice Acting?

I'd say that Shadowrun Return without any voice acting but a good work on writing including some good narrative work is a refreshing change among all those digital very bad actor 3D models. :)

EDIT: But the game, Blackguards, seems interesting, have in the text teasing: "In a taxing campaign, the player takes part in a dark story full of doubt, betrayal and loss." seems ambitious. And no DA2 for example didn't pushed its "dark" teasing that far.

EDIT2: It's the review only section? Ha well that's not clear, just delete if my post isn't at right place.

Seems like a real successors to realms of arkania. Wish there was more to hear about it.

It doesen't sound like a successor for RoA for me - there are fixed companions, and they are all in morally grey colors; the emphasis seems to be challenging combat to the point where every combat may be a puzzle - I have seen one battle where it was important to lure the enemies under a candelabra and then let it crash on them, another one where it was important to free prisoners, who would tip the scales of the battle; I fear it will be more like a tactical Adventure then a RPG :(
Especially if you keep the already produced games of the developer in Mind (Adventures).

Edit: What I have heard about the Companions isen't that bad at all - a dwarf with anger-management problems and a Half-Elf who is so torn between her different bloodlines (TDE-Elves are much more like a cross between LOTR-Elves and ancient Fey then the "just-better-human"-Elves of D&D) that she has to use hard drugs just to carry on her day-to-day live.

Lol seems fun in the weirdness, if the gameplay isn't too bad even if it's more an adventure game and combats are puzzles I'll be tempted. :)

Yeah, me too, but RoA has a special Place in my heart, that no Combat-Adventure-Story-Game has a Chance to fill out.

The recent attempts to edgy up the TDE franchise with some 'anti-heroes' are too cute. So the characters are angry, horny and stoned; I'm sure the internet community would never associate themselves with such people! ;)

Back
Top Bottom