Conan Exiles - Now on Early Access

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Conan Exiles has been released on Steam early access.

PC EARLY ACCESS: OUT NOW! | XBOX ONE GAME PREVIEW: Spring 2017
LEARN MORE: www.conanexiles.com

Conan Exiles is an Early Access open-world survival sandbox game set in the brutal universe of Conan the Barbarian!

English, German, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean languages supported.

You are an exile, outcast and downtrodden, sentenced to walk in a barbaric wasteland where the weak are crushed and only the strong can live. Here you must fight to survive, build, and dominate the world alone on your own server or with enemies and allies in online multiplayer.
More information.

From what I watched on streams, this is another gathering and crafting game... like there are not enough of those. And then some combat as well.

Devs might be on something here.

Best stream launch ever. Streamers who did not receive their early access key must revise their business model.
Some time ago, a piece was written on how making money off playing vid prods would change vid prod design.

Conan exiles is made for streamers. It is a low gameplay product, easy to ruin experience requiring time and it is the job of streamers to spend time.

Devs and streamers have a convergence of interests: they want to sell, devs want to sell their products and streamers their subscription.

Players who buy both a product and a subscription will have access to a dedicated community that reduces the easy to ruin experience side. Everyone is happy.

Two features are hooking players: the summoning of the avatar and the rumour a PC can force its way on a slave.
Gathering what it takes to capture a slave, break them takes ages. It takes even more to reach the summoning stage.

Player reactions will be interesting once they start wrecking one another strongholds.
Desert as main setting is disappointing though.

Player reactions will be interesting once they start wrecking one another strongholds.
Desert as main setting is disappointing though.

Only if they play on servers where that is possible. On PvE servers player's structures can't be destroyed.

There are savanna with trees and grass, it's not 100% desert.

It is a product for grown ups.

What a launch. So many streamers on it.

Since when is nudity for grown ups?
Aren't grown ups already bored with the nakedness bombardment from TV and other media?

Definitely next gen genital physics. Let's hope it isn't windy in the desert.

Did you see hair in that game? No? Neither did I.
Leukemia hits even this game, no hair on any body whatsoever and whatever is on some heads it looks like chemotherapy post effect. Or in Cimmeria, extreme depilation daily is a must otherwise you most probably die, I mean it's supposed to be a survival MMO, Rust/Ark ripoff.

I tried to watch some twitch streams of this game. I was expecting nudity, tits and dicks galore but all I could find is men and women all the time standing in very strange stances like they need to poo hitting every rock and tree they could find. This activity that took 90% of their time would rarely be interrupted by some wild animal that would just stand there and take hits from makeshift weapons with zero tactics or realistic behaviour. Then when the animal fell over like a log, these men and women in strange poo stances would continue bashing on their dead carcasses with axes and stuff like they were afraid those animals were just faking death and would raise again as undead animals (although I would tell them to burn the bodies instead, I watched GoT, I know how it is).
Really strange game and none of the controversy people talked about.
But 10 minutes of watching this made me sleepy before my bed time, maybe that is the point of this game?

Since when is nudity for grown ups?
Aren't grown ups already bored with the nakedness bombardment from TV and other media?
Marketing of nudity is usually reserved to adult people.
And streamers have been marketing nudity quite a lot for this product.

I tried to watch some twitch streams of this game. I was expecting nudity, tits and dicks galore but all I could find is men and women all the time standing in very strange stances like they need to poo hitting every rock and tree they could find.
The strange poo stances provide a nice sight on large endowments. Which are hidden by clothes that do not sustain many hits. It is all about teasing.

I tried to watch some twitch streams of this game. I was expecting nudity, tits and dicks galore but all I could find is men and women all the time standing in very strange stances like they need to poo hitting every rock and tree they could find. This activity that took 90% of their time would rarely be interrupted by some wild animal that would just stand there and take hits from makeshift weapons with zero tactics or realistic behaviour. Then when the animal fell over like a log, these men and women in strange poo stances would continue bashing on their dead carcasses with axes and stuff like they were afraid those animals were just faking death and would raise again as undead animals (although I would tell them to burn the bodies instead, I watched GoT, I know how it is).
Really strange game and none of the controversy people talked about.
But 10 minutes of watching this made me sleepy before my bed time, maybe that is the point of this game?
Welcome to the new fad of 'survival' games.

Back
Top Bottom