Outcast: Second Contact - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The open world action adventure Outcast: Second Contact has been released:

Outcast - Second Contact released!

We're happy to announce that Outcast is now available!

Until the 29th November you can benefit from a 15% early bird discount if you buy the game via Steam.
In addition if you already own Outcast 1.1 via Steam you can benefit from an additional 30% discount if you buy the game via Steam before 14th December (This discount is set to activate today at 8am PDT / 6pm CET)

To celebrate the release, we also have the brand new lauch trailer for you, to get you in the mood.

The Ulukai is back! Outcast - Second Contact is now available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One! Set off on a wondrous journey and discover the marvellous planet Adelpha, but don't forget, this trip is for...

We hope you're going to enjoy the return to Adelpha as much as us!

We will be here for all your feedback and please don't hesitate to let us know if you're having any issues playing the game!

May the Yods be silent!
More information.

It's christmas!!! :D

[EDIT]
Apparently, they fked up controller a bit:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/618970/discussions/0/1485487749768810441/
- When playing with a controller (I use the XBox One controller with the help of Steam's big picture configurations to reverse the camera's X axis and mess around with the deadzones to temporarily fix drifting), opening menus will chaneg the on-screen prompts to those of a keyboard. The only way to quickly fix it seems to be by moving the left stick.

Finally a product that serves it back to all those who were preaching me that Neptunia insults are an awsome thing. If only that same Neptunia had K+M prompts on, dunno, hitting left arrow - alas there were none.

Last edited:
I completely missed this. I remember the Kickstarter but never thought they went further than adding some resolution tweaks to the original Outcast.
Outcast is an odd case. I never really did play the original but I have fond memories of it due to it having a voxel based renderer, which unfortunately ran dog-slow as graphics card did not provide hardware acceleration.

This would be a day one purchase for me if I could afford it. @HiddenX;, I have you to thank for that, as your RPG Curator list showed me the original Outcast, and then I got super lucky that Second Contact was coming a week after I discovered the original! :party:

Looks great, and the world actually sounds almost like a Piranha Bytes design. Going to support these devs as soon as I possibly can.

Didn't care for the original - so I doubt this is for me. But I'm curious to hear some feedback about it.

You'll wait for my feedback.
Apart from baby diseases (whatnot razer util causes some control scheme borked for example) seems the game has some microstutter problems generally - no I didn't try it yet, it's what people say. I'll wait till it's sorted or cause pinpointed.

The original was very interesting in technical terms, but the actual content was pretty barebones and I never understood the appeal.

Did they add to the narrative and progression?

The original was very interesting in technical terms, but the actual content was pretty barebones and I never understood the appeal.

Did they add to the narrative and progression?

They just need to improve enemy AI.

I was ready to purchase but I heard that they removed surround sound. Such amazing music so now I am not sure i can do without that. Also I heard they substituted some cheap artwork for the intro.
They could have used a bigger budget I guess

I was ready to purchase but I heard that they removed surround sound. Such amazing music so now I am not sure i can do without that. Also I heard they substituted some cheap artwork for the intro.
They could have used a bigger budget I guess

Supporting them anyway may mean future games will have a bigger budget, or at the very least it will show that there is an interested audience for projects like this. :)

Back
Top Bottom