Red Dead Redemption 2 - Gameplay Trailer

Gamers are gamers, no matter the platform they play their games on.
No. I'm not mmo gamer. Nor is any mmo gamer - me. Which one of us is a gamer then? I refuse to be in the same basket as we're not talking about skincolor here but about a chosen path.
Gamers are players interested in the substance named gameplay.
I'm a gamer and I'm not "interested in the substance named gameplay". I'm interested in art.
You can hammer drums all day long, but that doesn't make you a drummer, Chien.

Let's leave the question about what a gaming amateur would be for some future times.

[EDIT]

I bet the horse's name is Lydia:

Last edited:
Gaming happens on consoles, I just cannot contain my laughter. Only to the simplistic, and unimaginative, says me. I played the first game in this series, bought a play station three just for it, but I won't be doing that again. If they want me to play it, they can make it available on the superior machine, the home computer. If not, no worries, I've lots to play!

So superior it has to pray for RDR 2 coming to it.
If it comes, it will be thanks to the MU side of things.

Lots of vid products to play, not that many games though because gaming happens on consoles and is later ported on PC.

The PC platform is third world, bent on living off scavenging and full of consters who con people as a living.

As opposed to a game for, say, dish washers?

That's such a broad and indirect statement, I'm not sure what you're supposed to extrapolate from that.
No. As separated from vid products for players.
Vid products are not forcefully games.
I'm a gamer and I'm not "interested in the substance named gameplay". I'm interested in art.
Sure. There are black people characters in TW3 too. They just happen to be white.
An art amateur is not forcefully a gamer.
Gaming is about games that are about gameplay.
You can hammer drums all day long, but that doesn't make you a drummer, Chien.

No. Drumming or not drumming does not change what a drum is.
No game, no gamer. No matter how much players who have no interest in gameplay keep telling otherwise.

Onto that, RDR 2.

Sure. There are black people characters in TW3 too. They just happen to be white.
An art amateur is not forcefully a gamer.
Your opinion I'll never agree with won't change these facts:
- I'm a gamer
- I can't care less about gameplay in any title
- I can't care less about streams
- I can't care less about skincolor, yours, mine or anyone else's including nonexisting digital "dolls" that for all I care can be green or blue
No. Drumming or not drumming does not change what a drum is.
No game, no gamer. No matter how much players who have no interest in gameplay keep telling otherwise.

Onto that, RDR 2.
By your logic everyone attending a concert is a musician.
Feel free to think that as long as you want, the world would be a boring place if everyone would agree on everything. But IMO Twitch doesn't make a gamer.
It can only make a poor critic who can't ever know if playing a game is fun or not. And can make another case of former IGN editor Filip Miucin.

For the most important question, has it been confirmed that horse testicles will contract in cold weather?

No no, son. Let's be clear, I'm not praying for the game to come to computers, I've plenty to do without it. Honestly, Rock Star isn't a company I care much about, I only own one of their products for the computer, and I played it maybe three hours before I just benched it for life. I am a sucker for westerns though, the almost real physics of horseback riding and gun play appeal to me, but rest assured, I can do without both.

Honestly, Rock Star isn't a company I care much about, I only own one of their products for the computer…
I have more than one.
Bully for example. On PC. Crashes every 10 minutes. Rockstar knows it. Did they patch it? No.

That aside I still remember mass hysteria over GTA5 when it appeared as exclusive. Consoles reviewers were showering it with 10/10s.
After a while it got ported on PC, wasn't interested as I never cared about GTA games before. "Pressurized" however with friends chattying about it all day long, I bought it. Only to discover it's overhyped and overrated mediocrity.
Additionally, I've almost completed the very same GTA5 (90+%) while none of my friends, enthusiastic and extatic about it a few years back when it got ported, never finished at least the main story. Says enough about their credibility when it comes to hype resist.

Am I watching the same hype scenario now with RDR2? Dunno, not my place to say. All I know is it won't be easy to persuade me into buying another Rockstar product. Escpecially the horse from the vid above. Had enough of Lydia in Skyrim, don't need a doorblocker in other games.
Then again, millions are following Transformers movies franchise while my money goes elsewhere. Maybe the problem is in me, maybe it's me who just can't understand the mediocrity and buggyness is something desirable, forget quality.

Itz will be streamed. On a Twitch or YouTube channel next to you.

No. As separated from vid products for players.

So if it's a cutscene or trailer, it has nothing to do with a game. But if it's gameplay, it is a game?

What about if you watch games on Twitch? Does that, by extension of your definition, mean that anyone who watches someone playing games isn't a gamer, but is instead a watcher? Because you're not watching a game, you're watching a video that is broadcasting a game. So by that logic, anyone watching Twitch isn't gamer.

But the person playing the game is as a gamer as long as he's not watching a cutscene. At that moment, he ceases to be a gamer until gameplay resumes.

Never change, Chien.

Last edited:
Yea, not hearing good things about this game. They went and had to put in silly things like virtue signaling and other sjw junk. Like, who knew that back in the Old West days, people were talking about modern day feminist doctrine and beliefs such as "white privilege"? Uh huh… sure. :rolleyes: I guess people weren't so conservative back then, after all.

Besides that, it sounds like there are other problems too, not just story related but gameplay related too. My excitement level and hype meter for this game has diminished considerably.

Apparently there's a running gag where you come across a gang of KKK who keep accidentally killing themselves - setting themselves on fire with their burning cross, and so on. Sounds alright to me. :biggrin:

We've played this over at camp, at the weekend. Really mixed impressions.

As a simulation, it's pretty much second to none. Rockstar has a long history with this, throw a ton of people/money on a single project and it shows. Really the level of detail is impressive. If you're a sucker for ol' westerns, this is pretty much a time machine.

As a game? Horrible. Your character controls like Godzilla ( https://streamable.com/oc4jc), just walking around is incredibly slow, shooting is on auto aim, without it feels stiff and clumsy, really zero depth to it and about as basic as it gets. Hard to believe these guys made Max Payne III.
Ride 15 minutes to location, do what you came to do ( for less than half a minute), ride fifteen minutes back…on and on and on.
Now I usually prefer more realistic worlds with good scale/ambiance ( AC Origins, Witcher, KCD, etc)…but imo. this is too much. This game does not respect your time.
(Hope danutz_plus didn't get this one :p)
And the chores! Clean yourself, clean your horse, eat, drink, shave…on and on and on. Everything moves at snails pace, you have to loot bodies, one by one, through long animations. Open shelves one by one. Craft bullets one by one.
Imo, they overdid it and then some.
I'm pretty sure if you run a race between a turtle and Arthur, walking speed, turtle would come out on top.
Kind of odd, feels more like a niche survival ( with no real repercussions) game given enormous budget. If it had some kind of rpg-ish system that ties them together, giving a rewarding sense of progression? But here it's just pointless busywork.
One thing odd: the crime/outlaw system. You'd think after all the effort they put into simulation aspects, they'd have the more layered/complex/accurate system: but it's the same enemies spawn around you, a la GTA. Plus, the system is very wonky: WANTED!…for defending yourself because some prick attacks you for no reason. Or even when someone else gets killed, I kid you not. An Outlaw game where it's annoyin being an Outlaw.
Lighting/visuals? Mixed bag. I love it in outdoors, but looks "too grainy" in certain areas. Weather, especially clouds are great. Facial animations/faces are definitely quite a bit behind.
Story classic Rockstar, but it's ok..definitely better than over the top GTA satire.
Hunting? Whole lot of "what ifs" for very little gain.
Overall very, very slow and atmospheric experience, but too heavy, too clumsy, too unfocused with very weak gameplay .
I'd say go for the story, and ignore everything else like the plague.

Last edited:
Ride 15 minutes to location/beat the guy/etc, do what you came to do ( for half a minute), ride fifteen minutes back…on and on and on.
You were supposed to unlock fasttravel in the bandit's den or whatever base/camp you have in the game. That's what numerous "tips" articles put as #1 or #2 point.

This game does not respect your time.
It ain't a phonegame!

And the chores! Clean yourself…
Wait, they've added pee&poo sim? Really? How come noone mentioned that?

it's just pointless busywork.
Finally something I can believe you. GTA5 clone, wild west setting.

So, it's not a game Dark Souls fans will like? :D

You didn't answer the most important question. Is it better/more fun than KCD, Y0 and VC4. Or, if you'll stick with console exclusivity idiocy, is it more fun than Dad of Boy and Spiderman.

We've played this over at camp, at the weekend. Really mixed impressions.

As a simulation, it's pretty much second to none. Rockstar has a long history with this, throw a ton of people/money on a single project and it shows. Really the level of detail is impressive. If you're a sucker for ol' westerns, this is pretty much a time machine.

As a game? Horrible. Your character controls like Godzilla ( https://streamable.com/oc4jc), just walking around is incredibly slow, shooting is on auto aim, without it feels stiff and clumsy, really zero depth to it and about as basic as it gets. Hard to believe these guys made Max Payne III.
Ride 15 minutes to location/beat the guy/etc, do what you came to do ( for half a minute), ride fifteen minutes back…on and on and on.
Now I usually prefer more realistic worlds with good scale/ambiance ( AC Origins, Witcher, etc)…but imo. this is too much. This game does not respect your time.
(Hope danutz_plus didn't buy this one :p)
And the chores! Clean yourself, clean your horse, eat, drink, shave…on and on and on. Everything moves at snails pace, you have to loot bodies, one by one, through long animations. Open shelves one by one. Craft bullets one by one.
Imo, they overdid it and then some.
Kind of odd, feels more like a niche survival ( with no real repercussions) game given enormous budget. If it had some kind of rpg-ish system that ties them together, giving a rewarding sense of progression? But here it's just pointless busywork.
One thing odd: the crime/outlaw system. You'd think after all the effort they put into simulation aspects, they'd do this right: but it's the same enemies spawn around you, a la GTA. Plus, the system is very wonky: WANTED!…for defending yourself because some prick attacks you for no reason. Or even when someone else gets killed, I kid you not. An Outlaw game where it's annoyin being an Outlaw.
Lighting/visuals? Mixed bag. I love it in outdoors, but looks "too grainy" in certain areas. Weather, especially clouds are great. Facial animations/faces are definitely quite a bit behind.
Story classic Rockstar, but it's ok..definitely better than over the top GTA satire.
Hunting? Whole lot of "what ifs" for very little gain.
Overall very, very slow and atmospheric experience, but too heavy, too clumsy, too unfocused with very weak gameplay .

This is what I am seeing all around the web.

It seems they have sacrificed game play for immersion. Some games sacrifice game play for "cinematic" experience and suffers for it. Devs seems to forget that game play is core of the game! This is what separate a game from other mediums. It has to come first then add immersion, cinematic, story etc after getting the game play right.

Increasing I see "game designers" who are not interested in game play. They really want an interactive movies. Combat is dirty word in these circles although game play doesn't have to manifest it self as combat only but its a good ballpark.

What are you talking about?
15 minutes of horseriding to a quest target then back is interactive movie, immersion and ballpark?

No. It's gameplay. And in this particular case it's boring gameplay. That includes brushing the same horse. Because it's fun? But it's not an interactive movie definetly.

To you gameplay equalls combat obviously. But it's not so. Some games have no combat at all but have a brilliant gameplay design. So brilliant they milk millions (CCS).

For all I can see there, RDR2 is just another consoleaudienceoriented mediocrity. Sadly, that audience cannot mod out timeconsuming horse brushing, looting, and other filler gameplay.

Yep, BoboTheMighty nailed it. I'm seeing the same kinds of complaints too. They put in a bunch of stupid "survival elements" into the game. Ugh. No way to turn them off either. I also have read about how the gameplay is slow as molasses, and terrible controls.

This just makes me want the first game ported to pc in a deluxe proper way like they did with gta V even more. It's pissing me off even more that I may have to buy an xbox one sooner or later to experience the great first game - red dead redemption - in its full glory.

Here is a review of red dead redemption 2 that I came across on youtube. I thought it was friggin' hilarious! Imagine a young gangsta rapper, full of that kind of attitude, who is also a gaming enthusiast who disses RDR2 and those who think its a good game, he disses them in a hilarious and "street vibe" type way. Not everyone will appreciate it, and you have to have a certain sense of humor to enjoy it, but like I said, I found it very funny and appreciated it, definitely different than the usual boring youtube pc game reviews, lol

https://youtu.be/oQo3s6ATpGc

What are you talking about?
15 minutes of horseriding to a quest target then back is interactive movie, immersion and ballpark?

No. It's gameplay. And in this particular case it's boring gameplay. That includes brushing the same horse. Because it's fun? But it's not an interactive movie definetly.

To you gameplay equalls combat obviously. But it's not so. Some games have no combat at all but have a brilliant gameplay design. So brilliant they milk millions (CCS).

For all I can see there, RDR2 is just another consoleaudienceoriented mediocrity. Sadly, that audience cannot mod out timeconsuming horse brushing, looting, and other filler gameplay.

Learn to read please. I have not played this game and my comment about interactive movie was not directed towards this game in particular but games in general.

Back
Top Bottom