Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Preview @ Gameffine

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Jay Krishnan checked out Werewolf: The Apocalypse:

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Heart of the Forest Preview :: Nature's Call

If you had told me 10 years ago that World of Darkness IPs would be making a return to their heyday in the near future by getting back-to-back video game adaptations, I'd simply laugh in your face. For a long time, I kept telling myself that White Wolf wouldn't dare to even look at the video game market ever again after what happened with Bloodlines - but I'm glad that I was wrong.

It's the second decade of the 21st century and Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines 2, Coteries of New York, and Swansong have brought WoD's iconic Vampire IP back to the video game scene. At the same time, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Vampire's lesser-known sibling is getting some love as well. While most people have heard about Cyanide's upcoming attempt to bring the children of Gaia to the scene with Earthblood, I've not heard many people talk about Heart of the Forest, a Visual Novel-esque RPG set in the Werewolf mythos that's due out this year - even within the most underground RPG forums.

[...]
More information.

I've not heard many people talk about Heart of the Forest, a Visual Novel-esque RPG set in the Werewolf mythos that's due out this year - even within the most underground RPG forums.
Can't speak for others but I'm not a fan of visual text novels. Never was actually. So for me I'm more excited about Bloodlines 2 & Earth-blood. Thanks for the article though.

Also for those who like this type of game a better game called Nighthawks was funded on kickstarter, and it was inspired by Bloodlines. Give it a look if you're interested.

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1221950/Nighthawks/
The secret is out. Vampires have been exposed to the world… and you’re one of them. Seize the night as a modern monster, stepping out of the shadows to build a thriving nightclub empire through fear, seduction, and forbidden supernatural gifts. Your second life begins tonight.

I just wish the demo was longer. Totally in love with the art direction.

Can't speak for others but I'm not a fan of visual text novels. Never was actually. So for me I'm more excited about Bloodlines 2 & Earth-blood. Thanks for the article though.

Also for those who like this type of game a better game called Nighthawks was funded on kickstarter, and it was inspired by Bloodlines. Give it a look if you're interested.

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1221950/Nighthawks/

Yeah, Nighthawks looks great. But I'm really concerned for Earthblood.

I think Earthblood could be a pretty cool PS2-era action game, at least from what I saw so far.

Don't think it will have any value as an RPG, though, which is a bit of a bummer...

Yeah, Nighthawks looks great. But I'm really concerned for Earthblood.
Yeah given the developers track record it could be mediocre to very bad. As for Swansong it's in good hands as the developer of that game made The Council.
I think Earthblood could be a pretty cool PS2-era action game, at least from what I saw so far.

Don't think it will have any value as an RPG, though, which is a bit of a bummer…
I agree looks more like that failed Vampire ARPG called Dark from a few years back.

Can't speak for others but I'm not a fan of visual text novels.

I really liked choose your own adventure novels when they were physical but trying digital versions in recent years never really clicked for me... not certain why... maybe they leave me wishing for more since it's a digital medium.

On another front Couch... that new avatar... looks like you've lost some weight? :biggrin:

His review pretty much sold this game for me.. I am glad it is not simply a linear on the rails action rpg, which I strongly suspected it was..... Of course I will probably wait for reviews by the appropriate fans as well.

His review pretty much sold this game for me.. I am glad it is not simply a linear on the rails action rpg, which I strongly suspected it was….. Of course I will probably wait for reviews by the appropriate fans as well.

This is different from Werewolf: The Apocalypse- Earthblood though. Earthblood is going to be a pure action game with some RPG elements

Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood Gamescom 2020 Cinematic Trailer

Check out the latest cinematic trailer for Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood, an RPG based on the Werewolf: The Apocalypse tabletop series, developed by Cyanide Studio.

Back
Top Bottom