Ashen - Due 2018

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamer Ashen is an action RPG about a wanderer in search of a place to call home. The game is due to release 2018 on Steam.

According to its site, Ashen is an open-world, non-linear game with "high risk combat" and "passive" multiplayer. "People you meet out in the world are players with their own agendas," the site says. "It will be up to you to decide how to deal with them."
[...]
More information.

I like the idea of survival game meets RPG, and passive multiplayer. Definitely on my list.

Xbox and windows 10 only. I have neither right now.

Combat and Monsters looks similar to Dark Souls. Do you play as "the Ashen One"? Even the title is inspired by Dark Souls. That is a good thing though, at least for the combat and monsters.

They can go F themselves, with their win 10 only.

Last edited:
I have to say the scale of the art style is interesting. Objects and entities look modular and breakable, the experience seems different from Skyrim, even if the Tolkienesque setting is similar. I like the idea of hard high stakes combat but with exploration as well. Also the idea of meeting other PC characters and not have to worry about being heartlessly murdered is somewhat appealing as well (Day Z experiences).

Last edited:
What are you people running on your machine if you are freaking out about windows 10....you know the only microsoft operating system that will be updated with new direct x and stuff?

All future Xbox games will run on Windows 10 without a special port being needed. Something to bear in mind.

Well, if they put faces on the people, I might try it.

Because it is a better os. Who in their right mind would want windows 10 ?

Those that want the latest updates as well? I'm not sure you are gaining anything on windows 7....I had that until I updated....don't regret it at all.

Same reaction here on "passive" multiplayer.

Passive multiplayer is probably meaning the same way darksouls did it...you don't interact with other players but you know they are there.

Back
Top Bottom