Risen Did anyone else feel this game was short....

I don't think Risen was too short. I didn't watch the clock, but I certainly played for more than 40 hours.

I don't think Risen was too short. I didn't watch the clock, but I certainly played for more than 40 hours.

You can see how long it took you on the save games. The format is a bit strange since it doesn't count in hours but in Day(s)/Hours/Minutes format but obviously one day = 24 hours so it's easy to calculate the total net hours it took to finish the game. For me it was ~64 hours total net play time (2 days, 16 hours, xx minutes).

I know. Just forgot to look it up.

47 hours, 12 minutes

I don't think the game includes all the times you reloaded and re-played parts which would most definitely (for me at least) mount to at least x1.2-x1.5 the time that is written in my savegame…. if not more (I played EXTREMELY slooooooow....and died ALLOT :))

i'm talking about all "optional" quests in general as sidequests. You dont have to do all the quests that faction members have for you to do, thus i count a lot of the "uncounted" don quests in the camp, and then theres the citizenry such as the Brewer (north of Don) and other farmers, opposite faction members, as sidequest mat'l.

Hmm. I did all of those, thanks anyway. I first played the Don's side until I started looking for the discs, then reloaded an earlier save, and went with the mages. They also had a lot of nice quests in the monastery.

I guess I'll replay again when I have a gap, this time choosing the order warriors just to see if that gives extra quests. I guess Maylander could also tell us if there are.

You guys say 40 hours? Wow, to me that is short for an RPG… but as I say, it seems to have become a trend. The MQ in Fallout 3 also felt very short to me, but at least FO3 had tons and tons of sidequests, so one could go back and stretch it out, even before the DLC's came out. Maybe I just play faster (or more obsessively? :p) these days, who knows?

Even ME felt longer to me, and TW took me at least 70 hours, I'd say.

To me a nice length is about 100 hours, though I probably took about 400 with Mwind before I got tired of going back to it…

One day when I finish G3 I'll let you know… :lol:

Back
Top Bottom