DA:I Approach to this game for max. fun and min. tedium?

Dragon Age: Inquisition

bizorker

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor
I loved DA:O, skipped DA:2, and have been on the fence with DO:I. But I've decided to give it a go. Are there other clever approaches to the game for maximizing the fun factor and minimizing boring content/fetch quests other than the popular recommendation of sticking to the main story line early on and getting out of the Hinterlands? Any other tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

I loved DA:O, skipped DA:2, and have been on the fence with DO:I. But I've decided to give it a go. Are there other clever approaches to the game for maximizing the fun factor and minimizing boring content/fetch quests other than the popular recommendation of sticking to the main story line early on and getting out of the Hinterlands? Any other tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

Uninstall, then install a game like D:OS or POE and have fun.

DA:I is good for the exploration, but the combat and respawns kind of ruins it. Also, if you like biowarian NPC / Companion interactions, it has something there.

Well I just played the free trial to the limit. Pretty much as advertised. I'm in the camp of fans that loved DA:O (really loved that one) who are lamenting the fact that we never really got DA:O 2. Kind of feels like Mass Effect game to me. In my opinion they tried to walk the line between party based RPG and first person action RPG but ended up being a non-optimized mix of both. I think if they would have just picked one or the other it would have been a better experience. But what do I know. And I see they sold a zillion copies. For what it's worth I'm not going to buy it and will go play Witcher 3 now instead, and will probably revisit down the road.

Uninstall, then install a game like D:OS or POE and have fun.
LOL

Check if there is norespawn or at least lowrate respawn mod. If there isn't…
Play maingame quests on hard, Hinterlands and other Hinterlands filler maps sidequests and exploration play on easy. Only that way the game won't become superboring.

And don't listen to those silly gaming sites that say "leave Hinterlands". They just wanted to hide the fact that the game didn't really deserve GOTY award compared to some other noboredom titles like D:OS.

Btw, DA:I is currently discounted 50% on Origin:
https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/browse?q=dragon age

I'm still awaiting a spawn-fixing mod - I don't know how to mod this one myself, and can't be bothered to learn for a game that doesn't want to be modded.

I'm dipping my toe in the DA:I water and surprisingly I'm finding the game interesting... though I'm just starting out. I thought I wouldn't like it at all but that is far from what is happening, at least for now. But I definitely don't like how I can literally kill an enemy, walk just 1 meter in any direction and walk back, and it has re-spawned. What were they thinking? That's really dumb.

-

I have a friend whos interested in getting Dragon Age Origins for the PC but hes got a single core 3 ghz. Anyone here actually tried it and knows how the performances are on that?

Back
Top Bottom