Yakuza: Like a Dragon - System Specs - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Yakuza: Like a Dragon - System Specs

Default Yakuza: Like a Dragon - System Specs

September 30th, 2020, 17:33
There is no coincidence, the idea started spreading from shills for mmo&i9 mainstream sites where noone most probably never played any of those games.
And then, because sources were mainstream rubbish sites meaning a valid and picproved without any pic axioms for many, people started spreading the word, again without playing anything.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)

September 30th, 2020, 18:15
Well I've played both, and there are definitely similarities even if they're superficial. It's pretty obvious why some people would be reminded of Shenmue.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)

September 30th, 2020, 19:17
The starting point for Shemue and Yakuza are similar: navigating a 3D sandbox recreation of Japan with gameplay based largely around hand to hand fighting and minigames. It's likely not a coincidence: Toshihiro Nagoshi, the creator of the Yakuza series, worked as a producer on the first Shenmue game.

Though I recognize the basic similarities, for me Shemue is a plodding, stilited affair with dull gameplay and absolute terrible story, writing and voice acting. Yakuza, though certainly not faultless, is by comparison creative, fun, and much more competently executed. Nothing the similarities doesn't threaten my enjoyment of Yakuza.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

October 1st, 2020, 15:12
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Well I've played both, and there are definitely similarities even if they're superficial. It's pretty obvious why some people would be reminded of Shenmue.
Not to me.

But it's highly possible I ignored some crucial detail others somehow see or I take it as some ignorable banality. I mean, I did miss the reason why some praise Arkane's Prey as a masterpiece - to me it's a forgettable mediocrity.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)

October 5th, 2020, 17:50
I'm picking this up on the series x…..going to spend a lot of time with this one I think.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

October 12th, 2020, 03:04
Same here… XSX and YLAD preordered.

Vindicator

Primordial Dragon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Yakuza: Like a Dragon - System Specs