Skyrim - Changes and Predictions @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN takes a stab at guessing the Changes and Predictions from Oblivion to Skyrim. This is another speculative article, so don't expect any real answers, though most of their ideas probably aren't way off base:
Rethink Levelling
In Oblivion, every enemy in the world levelled up alongside you. Basically, you could enter a dungeon at level 5 or level 19 and find enemies of equivalent or marginally stronger abilities regardless. The result is that you always have a challenge on your hands, which in theory is good, right? Well, not really. Not when it means never feeling you're accomplishing anything and your all-powerful weapons and armour feel completely worthless in the grand scheme.

We predict a return to a more natural levelling system, where there are simply enemies that are vastly more powerful than you – and will take serious strategy, magic and weapons to bring down. The better the gear, the easier you'll find early, local dungeons – and the farther afield you go, the stronger the foes. Naturally, there will be balancing issues, but it's better to feel like you're able to smite your opponent in one hit with your uber-weapon than to struggle to take down a beach-crab with your glass axe!
More information.

I really hope it's something like this :)

I like speculation. I'll speculate too!

I predict that the game will simplify combat to the point that all combats play out like cutscenes and you just hit a single button once to win.

I like speculation. I'll speculate too!

I predict that the game will simplify combat to the point that all combats play out like cutscenes and you just hit a single button once to win.

cut scenes has never been their thing though, also, i'm pretty sure Bioware would sue them for copyright infriction if they did something like that!

:p

Back
Top Bottom