Quantcast
Path of Exile - Fall of Oriath expansion - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Path of Exile - Fall of Oriath expansion

Default Path of Exile - Fall of Oriath expansion

February 15th, 2017, 20:16
@GamePressure Path of Exile is getting a new expansion called 'Fall of Oriath' which will introduce 6 new acts.

Grinding Gear Games have announced the biggest expansion so far for their free-to-play action RPG Path of Exile. The Fall of Oriath DLC is going to introduce six new acts, starting with large Act 5 taking place in a brand new location - the eponymous Oriath, where your hero had been exiled from. Acts 6-9 are going to take you back to the places you previously visited, but these locations are supposed to be filled with new bosses and lore and therefore are promised to feel much different. The last one, Act 10, takes you back to Oriath for the final stand.
loading…

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

February 16th, 2017, 00:11
Wow! Now this is really something. A single playtrough and huge expansion.
Definitely going back to play the game.
Take note…errm…most of the developers.
--
"Man is born free, yet everywhere he is in chains." - - J. J. Rousseau

Black Rune

Watchdog

February 16th, 2017, 13:18
This game's content is growing at insane pace…. good for everyone who's able to stomach the hideous animations, ridiculous-looking stances, goofy monsters, sterile acts and overloads of badly written lore. I for sure could not have.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

February 16th, 2017, 17:24
Originally Posted by luj1 View Post
This game's content is growing at insane pace…. good for everyone who's able to stomach the hideous animations, ridiculous-looking stances, goofy monsters, sterile acts and overloads of badly written lore. I for sure could not have.
It's all about leagues, baby! And insane amounts of items

Ivanwah

Watchdog

February 16th, 2017, 19:15
Originally Posted by luj1 View Post
So, basically, if you play it to enjoy yourself in what action-RPGs do best (fast-paced action + item hunt), you'll love it.

If you have an identity crisis going on with what Diablo was, stay away.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

February 17th, 2017, 13:43
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
So, basically, if you play it to enjoy yourself in what action-RPGs do best (fast-paced action + item hunt), you'll love it.
Yup I played it for nearly 3 years however I want coherence in quality, not half-assmanship . The competitive leagues are the best thing in PoE and I can respect that.

Originally Posted by Ivanwah View Post
It's all about leagues, baby! And insane amounts of items
And your baby getting diagnosed with cancer due to all the grinding and trading, God forbid

Thanks in any case, but I already have a full-time job.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston
Last edited by luj1; February 17th, 2017 at 13:56.

luj1

SasqWatch

May 20th, 2017, 00:24
Thread necro warning, but relevant: I think this is supposed to go into beta by the end of this month. Has anyone received an invitation?
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

May 23rd, 2017, 07:46
Beta begins on June 7th. This is looking to be a doozy of an expansion.

FAQ

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

May 23rd, 2017, 09:19
I'd be interested to hear just how different these acts are - as I'm pretty sceptical they've managed to make 6 entirely fresh ones

That said, a pretty amazing update to a free game. One of the best F2P models out there, on top.

Sadly, I don't find the game particularly engaging at length. It just doesn't have the same energy and visceral satisfaction of Diablo 3.

The atmosphere is dreary and it feels unusually repetitive, even for the genre. Hard to put my finger on it.

But, with that said, it's still one of the best modern examples of Diablo clones.

NewDArt

Keeper of the Watch

May 23rd, 2017, 09:26
Originally Posted by NewDArt View Post
I'd be interested to hear just how different these acts are - as I'm pretty sceptical they've managed to make 6 entirely fresh ones

That said, a pretty amazing update to a free game. One of the best F2P models out there, on top.

Sadly, I don't find the game particularly engaging at length. It just doesn't have the same energy and visceral satisfaction of Diablo 3.

The atmosphere is dreary and it feels unusually repetitive, even for the genre. Hard to put my finger on it.

But, with that said, it's still one of the best modern examples of Diablo clones.
There is only one new act. Then they went through those 5 acts and changed them somewhat (different area connections and different bosses) and called them Act 6 to 10

Archangel

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Path of Exile - Fall of Oriath expansion