DA:I Deep Roads Combat

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
I've really been enjoying the game and I'm over 100 hours in now so I thought I would check out the Deep Roads.

The battles are harder, which is a good thing, but the developers are getting back into wave combat where you have to defeat tons of enemies in a row to establish campsites. In the first one I got trashed the first time but barely managed to win on the second try - only to find that one enemy had gotten stuck behind a wall so I had to do it all over again. The second battle was even bigger with actual pauses between battles. This time it was my side's turn to get stuck: Sera fell into never-never land after doing her 1000 cuts attack and one of the two NPCs was stuck down there with her. It wouldn't have been a big deal if I could have SAVED in those pauses but, as it was, I had been battling for over an hour already so I opted to slam the difficulty down to casual.

Increased bugs and decreased ability to save is not a good combination. Is this going to continue through this DLC?

Well, I found one odd thing in there... a Towers of Hanoi puzzle! I thought Bioware swore those off? There was even a gravestone in Origins, wasn't there?

Well, I found one odd thing in there… a Towers of Hanoi puzzle! I thought Bioware swore those off? There was even a gravestone in Origins, wasn't there?

Swore those off? I think it's a self-reference at this point.

There is one in KoTOR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and SWTOR (during the final boss fight of a raid).

There is a gravestone reference in Origins and this reference in DAI.

Saying that I never played Descent.

Increased bugs and decreased ability to save is not a good combination. Is this going to continue through this DLC?
Nope, it didn't. Once you get past the massive darkspawn battle, you get to go below the Deep Roads. There's one more battle with tons of enemies coming in but it ends when you do a certain something so it doesn't have to be all that long.

One thing I would suggest: do Jaws of Hakkon first. Or just bounce back and forth between the two. There's a power you can pick up about a third of the way through Hakkon that's a big help when you go down into the depths.

Back
Top Bottom