Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Beta Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Owlcat Games has announced the date of the new beta: May 5. They also reveal a new, rather special companion:

Beta Update Announcement and a New Mini-Companion

Hello, crusaders!

We've been hard at work since we released the beta version of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous back in February. Not only were we watching your streams, reading your feedback, and fixing bugs, but we were also working on major improvements for some aspects of the game, we made new content, new art, and worked on some features that were added as our stretch goals. On the 5th of May, after we publish an update that everything is ready, you will be able to launch your Steam and download the new version of beta. We will soon tell you more about what has changed in the new version, but today we've prepared an update on one of the stretch goals you helped us meet!

Different people play RPGs for different reasons. Some like to make new friends. Others like to find powerful artifacts that will make enemies shake in fear. And we would like to introduce you to someone who both types of players might enjoy - Finnean. A friend, a companion, a curious soul. A talking weapon.

You will meet - or, perhaps, it's better to say "find" - Finnean early in the game, and he will happily accompany you on your crusade. He's a charming and friendly type, and won't hesitate to speak up his mind when he feels strongly about something. There's only one problem - he has no idea he's a weapon. Travel with Finnean to uncover the mystery of his past, earn his friendship and unlock his hidden powers. And in return, Finnean will reward you by turning into any weapon of your choosing. That's right - he can become any weapon! And you will be able to either fight with him yourself or give to one of your companions, but as long as Finnean is in the party, he will act like a party member, interrupting conversations, chatting when you stop to set up camp, and so on (unless you ask him to shut up, but why would you do such a thing?).

Finnean will join you on your adventures very soon, after you download the new version of the beta! So if you have Early Access, you will be able to find a new friend on the crusade. Don't forget to join our very active and friendly discord server before the next stage of beta begins, and save your discord name in the 'Get a Discord Role' field in your profile on our pre-order portal to get access to the beta chat. Additionally, please check what you see in the 'Purchased Items' tab when you log into your account. If you backed our game on Kickstarter, but can't access your account or don't see your Kickstarter pledge in it, please email us at team@owlcatgames.com, and we will help you. We also keep collecting shipping information from backers with physical pre-orders, and names for the game's credits from those whose pledge includes it, so please update your account information on our portal if you haven't done it yet.

To arms!

Owlcats.
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Sounds fun! Have held off playing anymore as new a big update was coming. Looking forward to check out the new changes.

I didn't want to burn out too much so I have limited how much I played both in alpha and beta.

I think of all the games on the horizon, this is the one I'm looking forward to the most. Kingmaker was the first game in a long time to get my D&D blood flowing like Baldur's Gate did back in the day, with a close second being ToEE. Both got better with patches and mods.

Another bloody annoying talking sword. How original.

Sorry, that was probably too cynical. We'll see. :)

I hope it doesn't have a conscience on top of that ;)

That idea sounds strange, doesn't it? I'm curious to see how they did that. It's probably perfect for the Azata or Trickster mythic paths.

Yeah… they should have taken another item type like armor, boots, or helmet.

Talking boots, "For the love of God, wash your feet, I'm dying down here. Watch out, don't step in that owlbear shit. You are not a size 7 you damn ogre."

On a somewhat related note: Is the game still on track? The RPGWatch calendar is showing 1st of June, which is right around the corner.

Last edited:
Well nothing can beat Atom RPG's mutant talking vagina.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom