WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
@Couchpotato; Be aware, it seems like a lot of warpriest ability tooltip is empty - which is annoying me a lot. For example, sacred weapon and sacred armor abilities have no description so I had no idea what "Armor fortification 25" meant - I had to ask someone and apparently it gives you a 25% chance to negate incoming sneak attacks or critical hits.

DDO (or its Wiki) could have told you. ;)
That game is using "Fortification" all of the time ! ;)

@Pladio; @purpleblob1;

As you know, it's not possible to change to change the portrait from the game, once the character has been created and the game has started.

I think I found how to modify that in a saved game, I made a script to do the heavy work but it requires a bit of manual intervention. If you're desperate to change a portrait, I should be able to do that in a saved game (except for the pre-built characters). :)

If I have time and if that doesn't exist already, perhaps I'll make a simple program that anyone can use without having to hack anything manually.

That will be nice, appreciate it :)

I've been changing my Azata portrait by simply replacing current pic file by saving a new pic file in the same folder which seems to work - e.g. if my Azata portrait is from folder 001, then I save over Azata without butterflies (current) pics with Azata with butterflies (new) pics :)

What bug is that? I'm dunno which chapter is that as I see it nowhere and there is no morale problem (plus I'm not executing morale boost orders just in case as it's maxed).
Also the Training Grounds description specified, at least in my game, that it boosts +10% damage on trainable units only in ADJACENT buildings.
Now what does that "adjacent" mean, only 4 each side or all 8 around it?

The morale bug due to objective flaggin incorrectly doesn't happen straightaway - it seem to happen randomly but since chap3 is very long, most of players get it during some point in chap3.

I don't know much about training ground bug - all I know is enough people reported this bug.

I really like them, especially the Angel/Legend. Do you have the 3 files I'd need to make them work in game ?

Also, how do you change portraits midway through the game (referring to your Azata evolution) ?

I can share my angel/legend one - I will upload them later today.

About portrai changes, I replied back to Redglyph regarding that 2 posts above this one :)

@purpleblob1; , @Redglyph;

Thanks both. I'll have to wait for your superscript if I want to change my portrait then as I picked one of the stock ones and I'm unlikely to restart as I enjoy my character at the moment Aasimar Grenadier :D.

I"m so confused. I'm at the end of chapter 1 and the game is asking me to choose my mythic path but the only thing selectable is "Mythic Hero" (which isn't even one of the Mythic paths afaik). Angel, Demon, Azata and Trickster are greyed out.

I don't understand. Did I someone make it impossible to choose any of these despite unlocking them? Is "Mythic Hero" actually a choice? There are Mythic Path guides all over the internet but not one of them bothers to actually explain this.

Same for me I'm the general after freeing the city and stuck on Mythic Hero. So unless we have to wait till a later act it doesn't make sense. Did we both miss something?

Anyway most guides say they should be unlocked after freeing the Gray Garrison.

So anyone have the answer?

Edit: Aeon or Angel should be unlocked.

Last edited:
I"m so confused. I'm at the end of chapter 1 and the game is asking me to choose my mythic path but the only thing selectable is "Mythic Hero" (which isn't even one of the Mythic paths afaik). Angel, Demon, Azata and Trickster are greyed out.

I don't understand. Did I someone make it impossible to choose any of these despite unlocking them? Is "Mythic Hero" actually a choice? There are Mythic Path guides all over the internet but not one of them bothers to actually explain this.

Same for me I'm the general after freeing the city and stuck on Mythic Hero. So unless we have to wait till a later act it doesn't make sense. Did we both miss something?

Anyway most guides same they should be unlocked after freeing the Gray Garrison.

So anyone have the answer?

Edit: Aeon or Angel should be unlocked.

I've talked about this in my preview you know ;)

In the early game, you will simply level up as a mythic hero until you get a choice to lock in 1 of 6 mythic paths towards the end of chapter 2. At this stage, there is no alignment restrictions in unlocking the initial mythic paths, as you are still in a process of shaping your power. The full mythic transformation will take place in the later stages of the game – we were not able to experience it in the beta, which consisted of the first 4 chapters. Once you lock in your initial path, your actions and alignment will have to match the chosen mythic as it is likely that you may not gain full access to your chosen mythic powers if you deviate in alignment. Should you wish to, and fulfil the relevant requirements, players will likely be able to switch mythic to 1 of 3 paths available in the late game – Gold Dragon, Swarm-that-walks or Legend instead of fully investing in their initial mythic. This also provides players the freedom to redeem themselves for good, or corrupt their powers to evil.

You don't get to choose mythic path until late chapter 2/mythic level 3 and for now, you will progress as a mythic hero. The abilities you choose as mythic hero doesn't lock you into a path. For example, close to heaven is ability that matches angel mythic but choosing this ability doesn't mean it will lock you into angel mythic.

Angel & demon paths are unlocked by default so these 2 will always be available as an option when you lock in path towards the end of chapter 2 (mythic level 3). Azata, Trickster, Aeon and Lich must be unlocked through certain dialogues/actions before you reach end of chapter 2.

Last edited:
Thanks as for your preview that was months ago.

In my defense I have a short attention span.:lol:

I just stopped playing after a few hours I'm at the locust boss stage.

Oh yeah - for those who backed the game on high enough tier to have access to digital artbook: I advise you to never look at this until you finish the game, it's ridden with spoilers LOL

To add to the discussion, I saw that the UI was confusing about it. It does say you have to select your mythic path, I suppose it means "later" but it should be clearly stated.

Unfortunately I didn't report that. I should have a save to re-do just the end and send a suggestion about it.

Okay found it.
The previously mentioned critical bug in KB/HoMM minigame is Training Grounds building.

Instead of adding +10% on your recruits damage, it sets them to do only 10% of the full damage.
A curse instead of buff.
Probably instead of damage*1.1, someone erroneously wrote damage*0.1 in the formula.

This is outright horrible and whatever you do, just don't build Training Grounds.
Other buildings seem to work properly.

There is an unofficial mod and it's yesterday's version fixes this critical bug and some other not really important stuff.
But it also adds features of the tabletop that might be deliberately removed because this is cRPG and I don't want those in my game:
https://github.com/Vek17/WrathMods-TabletopTweaks/releases

If you ask me how it is possible this wasn't noticed during beta, I have absolutely no idea.
This one is a huge setback (I don't know if destroying that building reverts damage back to default), not one of those small annoyances where okay this spell doesn't work as intended (some touchbased ones) so whatever I'm gonna use another spell.

Later or tomorrow I'll share some base economy and army building tips.
One thing is for sure, while I was studying this bug above, I've seen several persuasive articles/posts out there suggesting wasting tons of ress on recruiting Hellknights - maybe on the nightmare mode this is a necessity, but I'm playing on normal difficulty and I do not recommend this.
Always buy your normal, cheap, melee footmen and cavalry.
The minigame, at least in chapters 2 and 3, is all about archers and clerics, you can't have enough of those. ;)

Last edited:
If you intend to play on higher difficulties, do yourself a favor and recruit a few mercenaries early on, when they're still not too expensive, to fill a few obvious roles (primarily Bard and Cleric, but a Sorcerer might also be worth it). Neoseeker has a few companion guides on how to get the companions to fill those roles, but it'll never be particularly optimal (Seelah as a Bard; Lann as a Cleric etc).

I'm playing on Core myself, and it's rough at times. My main character (Oracle) is well optimized, but a bit of a slow starter, and the companions have fairly lacking default setups. I'm considering a re-roll on Seelah to turn her into a Bard, but I'd prefer to keep them as they are for RP reasons.

If you intend to play on higher difficulties, do yourself a favor and recruit a few mercenaries early on, when they're still not too expensive, to fill a few obvious roles (primarily Bard and Cleric, but a Sorcerer might also be worth it). Neoseeker has a few companion guides on how to get the companions to fill those roles, but it'll never be particularly optimal (Seelah as a Bard; Lann as a Cleric etc).

I'm playing on Core myself, and it's rough at times. My main character (Oracle) is well optimized, but a bit of a slow starter, and the companions have fairly lacking default setups. I'm considering a re-roll on Seelah to turn her into a Bard, but I'd prefer to keep them as they are for RP reasons.

I thought Daeran was a cleric or am I mistaken ?
Also, you don't need a bard really in my opinion.

I use Sosiel as my cleric. He is pretty good so far. Just funny how his picture show him as fully armored guy while he is specialized in medium armor.

I thought Daeran was a cleric or am I mistaken ?
Also, you don't need a bard really in my opinion.
Daeran is an oracle, they are divine casters but they don't need to prepare their spells, and they are not restricted by an alignment in their choice (Daeran is N/evil).

I'm using him to heal and I found him overall more useful than Sosiel, at least until chapter 3 since I haven't played beyond that. But that depends on the party composition.

My own character is an Oracle so that makes it easy to leave snobby Daeran out of the party, which is fine with me. I don't have a cleric but with Seelah's paladin based healing & me plus Camillia, we have enough.

Personally, I find the voice acting for Camillia astounding. I mean, I guess ... t surely takes some effort to let a character sound so much … innocent/native/insecure ? like she does in "I am helpful, am I not ?"

It sounds almost too sweet, as if someone had used a huge bag of sugar there …
… and yet … her battle-cries sound so much different !

Finally got around to playing a couple of hours yesterday. This is heaven. I'm talking about the character creation, of course, because that's where I spent most of the time. I only made it through the first tutorial area.

That's the first thing I did after I got Seelah and Wenduag: respec them to better fit the vision for my party, while keeping them mostly RP-compatible.

So I have:
1. PC, true neutral Spell Master / Ecclesitheurge -> Mystic Theurge. Following Nethys' footsteps. Going to pick the Aeon mythic path. Knowledge, Magic and cosmic balance. The way it should be.
2. Seelah, changed to Warpriest, for more light magic. She'll keep her sword & shield. Beacon of hope.
3. Wenduag, changed to Eldritch Scoundrel, for more dark magic. Going to give her a shortsword. Her personality seems to be quite good for anything. So she'll be an assassin sort of character.
4. Arueshalae I'm going to change to a Bard, for more mind magic. Stats can stay as they are because, yeah. ;)

My companions will all be able to cast level 6 spells eventually. I like that I can try out spells I never used before. Would have preferred to have one male companion for some gender balance, but there aren't really any that fit. Woljif Jefto is an eldritch scoundrel but his personality is too cheerful for the darkness theme I was going for.

It's a pity that for all the options in the game there isn't something like the "Level 1 NPCs" for Baldur's Gate. Companions you meet start at level 0/1 and when you first meet them you get to pick a class that still fit their theme and personalities. E.g. you could keep Minsc as a Ranger or recruit him as a Berserker. I don't know many games that did something like that.

Back
Top Bottom