Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup - Page 62 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

June 10th, 2021, 21:38
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
And 5 execs, likely the very same people who made the decision to push it out early, split bonuses of around 25 million dollars, while the other 25 million (or around that number) in bonuses was split between 875 or so other employees. That sounds reasonable and fair, don't it? What's not to love about the way things are setup in this system. Good thing it's a meritocracy, where people that make bad decisions don't fail upwards.
I was being sarcastic given the game is about corpo greed.
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Maybe a PC exclusive release and one year later to next-gen consoles with all the added goodies ?
My thought as well.

It will probably be called the definite edition or some other nonsense.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."
Last edited by Couchpotato; June 10th, 2021 at 22:14. Reason: Combined Posts

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)

June 11th, 2021, 21:06
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Buying shares now doesn't really support the company. They got their money when the shares were first issued. Now, you would just be buying them from another shareholder who's selling them.
Well, yes and no, many companies own their own stocks so if the stock price go up the value of their own stocks will increase.

Also buying stocks means the stock price go up which will support the company, by giving them less pressure, low stocks prices will put a lot of pressure on management to focus on earnings and quickly releasing things, if the stock price is going upwards, the company and management will be in a much calmer position.

Of course I'll need to buy quite much to actually affect the stock pirce…. but zloty's are not too expensive these days…..

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

June 18th, 2021, 14:13
Patch 1.23 was released yesterday.

Link - https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/38612/patch-1-23

Spoiler – Patch Notes
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

June 21st, 2021, 15:36
CDPR keeps fiddling at the edges of Cyberpunk's doomed world - PCGamer
It feels like there's still a problem of expectations with Cyberpunk 2077: that, somehow, CDPR can still 'fix' it, and maybe all that hope and hype over so long will eventually prove worth it. The studio certainly has the resource to pull a No Man's Sky. The question is whether it would be better for us all if CDPR just fixed all the bugs, and moved on.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

June 22nd, 2021, 16:01
Cyberpunk 2077 Returns to PS4 - PlayStation Store
In addition to the game being available on PlayStation 4, anyone who purchases the game can also play it on PlayStation 5 via backward compatibility. Furthermore, a free PlayStation 5 upgrade for the game will be coming in the second half of 2021, and will be available for all owners of the PlayStation 4 version of Cyberpunk 2077, including both digital and disc. The upgrade will allow the title to take full advantage of the new console's more powerful hardware.

For more information about Cyberpunk 2077, please visit cyberpunk.net.

* Users may continue to experience some performance issues with the PS4 edition while CD PROJEKT RED further works to improve stability across all platforms. Playing on PS4 Pro and PS5 will provide the best Cyberpunk 2077 experience on PlayStation.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

June 28th, 2021, 00:21
Cyberpunk 2077 at "Satisfying Level" of Performance - VGC
The majority of the company’s 600 employees will continue to work on updates to Cyberpunk 2077 and the new-gen console version planned for release later this year, he said.

“We have reached a satisfying level in this regard,” the CEO said regarding the current stability and performance of the game.

“We have also been working on improving the overall quality, which we are also quite happy about. Of course, we also removed bugs and visual glitches and we will continue to do that,” he said. “Over time, we will also be introducing improvements to the general game systems that players have highlighted.”ť
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

June 28th, 2021, 01:10
"Over time". What, geologic time? It's amazing that so little has been accomplished in 6+ months. 300 of those 600 people must be in charge of throwing spitballs at the heads of the other 300.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

June 28th, 2021, 01:18
I wonder if the release of a "new-gen console version" is going to be part of a general major upgrade like the Enhanced Edition releases for the Witcher games?

If CD Projekt can improve the quality enough, Cyberpunk 2077 could really benefit from a soft relaunch.

Tannhauser

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 3rd, 2021, 21:57
No concrete article or official post but rumors going around claim the DLC is being hold back for the release of the next gen version. Forbes claims it will be released all at once.

Remember it's just cosmetics and a few extra quests not expansion sized.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

August 4th, 2021, 11:33
I couldn't care less about the DLC - as I expect it to be as trivial as the W3 (near) launch DLC. It was just a marketing ploy back then - as it is now. Of course, I doubt it'll work as well after the CP2077 launch state, as the "we leave greed to others" seem a little less convincing for some reason.

But I really do want to play it - and I guess I have to wait for the Next-Gen version - as I don't see them fixing core issues for the older platforms. I'm betting they've all but abandoned those by now - apart from minor stuff.

From what I've heard, though, their Witcher mobile game is selling like hotcakes - so I guess the future is bright from a monetary perspective, if you're a suit in CDPR. I doubt it's as bright for the people doing the actual work, though - but that's par for the course.

DArtagnan

Mentioned: Post(s)

August 4th, 2021, 14:00
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Witcher mobile game
Tried it on a whim, uninstalled a few minutes later.
No brainfood, just grind-o-rama.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 223 Post(s)

August 18th, 2021, 18:13
https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-st…content=kotaku

I watched about half of their stream, since I haven't been up to date with their fixes and improvements. And it seemed embarassing at what they demoe, in a patch they called the biggest and most comprehensive? Seems I wasn't the only one.

With this I agree though:
It’s a shitty situation all around; no one wants to see developers harassed over CD Projekt Red leadership’s decision to release an obviously unfinished game, but they’re often tasked with playing defense for the overpaid executives who should bear the brunt of the playerbase’s ire.
Those fuckin' CDPR execs. Getting the bonuses, while the low-level employees get scraps and have to face the fans.

Meh. It really feels like the codebase of CP2077 is a real mess, and they practically can't fix stuff without breaking new stuff. Must be awful to be in that position as a developer. You want to fix, but can't. Everything is brittle as hell. All because it was rushed.

Man, what a shitshow.
Last edited by danutz_plusplus; August 18th, 2021 at 19:35.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

August 19th, 2021, 01:22
Yes, it seems the patches are fixing relatively small things which isn't hopeful for the future. I was expecting more like a no man's sky style of patches.

Either they (a) have a shortage of manpower or (b) the codebase is a mess. If they were able to do more they would have by now. I'm hoping the next-gen console patches will bring more changes.

That being said, on Xbox series X it is playable (only played the first hour though) as well as pc it seems.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 SE met Tapatalk

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

August 19th, 2021, 01:26
All patches break mods, on every game. You can't expect (though Frans here and other people do) a developer to work around not only their own code but mods as well. It's on modders to adapt to changes, always has been. And should be. This is like asking an author of an ongoing series to make sure to be faithful to the fan fiction that showed up since their last installment.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
+1:

August 19th, 2021, 04:22
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
All patches break mods, on every game.
Suddenly, Bethesda's lack of patching seems like a stroke of genius?

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

August 19th, 2021, 09:24
The amount of tweaks in this patch is enormous. Sure, most of those issues shouldn't have been there to begin with, but I commend CDPR for continuing to smooth this game out. Some developers would have moved on by now and left it all for modders to try to fix.

Spoiler – 1.3 changelog

Of course with that many changes, it's not going to be perfect. Any patch this size is going to create issues for some people, but I'm willing to bet some of those issues are probably from mods they're using.

People on Twitter can bitch all they want, but they're not the ones fixing the game.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)

September 1st, 2021, 03:46
CD Projek is hiring modders to help build mod tools.

Link - https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/mod-support
“We are working with Yigsoft on the development of Cyberpunk 2077 modding tools,” a CDPR representative confirms to us via email. “The modding community has always been very important to us and we are happy to be working with them side by side on further expanding the tools which are available to modders.”

“We are extremely pleased to announce that Blumster, Nightmarea, rfuzzo, and I will be joining CDPR under my and Nightmarea’s company,” Hambalkó ‘Traderain’ Bence says in an announcement on the Cyberpunk 2077 modding Discord.

“We will be working on various projects related to the Cyberpunk 2077 backend and the game’s modding support. We are really excited for this and we really hope we can help to bring Cyberpunk 2077 to the next level!”
So good or bad, to late , or is this great news?
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 16th, 2021, 22:52
Cyberpunk 2077 - Patch 1.31 Released
Patch 1.31 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles, and Stadia.
CDPR Issues Trademark Strike Against Cyberpunk Game - Gamerant
In a post published on Twitter recently, user and game developer Ethan H. Reynolds has struck out against CD Projekt Red, the studio behind Cyberpunk 2077, after their own game, Neon Nights, was issued with a trademark strike. The strike claims that Reynolds' game, specifically the artwork, is alleged to be "violating rights" despite the fact that their game is not related in any way to Cyberpunk. Reynolds says in their tweet that this could be down to a corporate bot that simply scans for the word "cyberpunk" despite the fact that, according to the tweet, the word can relate to a genre as well as a specific game name.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 16th, 2021, 23:03
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
CDPR Issues Trademark Strike Against Cyberpunk Game - Gamerant
I think Bruce Bethke should have a word with CDPR.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 16th, 2021, 23:49
Originally Posted by Shagnak View Post
I think Bruce Bethke should have a word with CDPR.
Yeah but copyright and all that nowadays. It's pure bullshit.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup