Neverwinter - Paragon Paths Overview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Cryptic Studios has a new post on the Neverwinter website about new paragon paths.

With the upcoming Module 2: Shadowmantle, Neverwinter will bring more gameplay options and choices for your character. Along with Artifacts and Collections, new Paragon Paths will be available for each of the original playable classes.
More information.

Never been a fan of MMO games but I am in the mood for some D&D setting.

Anyone have opinions on this game? Does it feel at all like D&D and can it be played solo or does it only work if you group up with others? I play games more for adventure, exploration and story as opposed to looting and grinding with groups which has been my limited experience in MMO's.

Plays fine solo (most Foundry quest are solo things). It's based on 4e with action combat so doesn't really feel like the D&D as you probably remember. Redeeming factor, a few of the foundry quest I tried did have the old NWN module feel.

Basically, it's good of a 1-2 hours adventure every night or so and you have nothing else to do.

Thanks, maybe I will give it a try.

Is there any decent world lore or dungeon lore? Any interesting NPC's to talk to? Is It just a hack and slash your way through dungeons to get more and more loot?

Its either that or the IE games which I have played before (baldurs gate, icewind dales) or the old gold box games for D&D.

Thanks, maybe I will give it a try.

Is there any decent world lore or dungeon lore? Any interesting NPC's to talk to? Is It just a hack and slash your way through dungeons to get more and more loot?

Interesting NPCs is opinion based, so I'm not sure what you would find interesting. A few of them, early on, show up in more than one quest so you interact more with them and they have their own storyline.

What the game call dungeons is group based content and pure hack&slash (even with the story attached), so are the skirmish. The zone have storylines and lore that range from good to bad though. Some areas have more combat than others too and there is better stuff in the Foundry (player made), but you have to search for it.

Interesting NPCs is opinion based, so I'm not sure what you would find interesting. A few of them, early on, show up in more than one quest so you interact more with them and they have their own storyline.

What the game call dungeons is group based content and pure hack&slash (even with the story attached), so are the skirmish. The zone have storylines and lore that range from good to bad though. Some areas have more combat than others too and there is better stuff in the Foundry (player made), but you have to search for it.

Ok thank you for the time to respond. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom