Dragon Age - Upcoming Combat-Oriented DLC

… and to draw/suck additional money from it …

(In the case of commercial DLC).

It's not really semantics if someone picks up a used copy and as a result is unable to install the "free" DLC. Free DLC, in this case, is meant to hamper/discourage the second-hand market…

Unlike the initial release of the Enhanced "patch" for The Witcher, which required you to register your retail copy first or Stardock's games, where patches are only delivered to registered owners?

Unlike the initial release of the Enhanced "patch" for The Witcher, which required you to register your retail copy first or Stardock's games, where patches are only delivered to registered owners?

Really? I was unaware of this as I never played the EE version.

Though it looks like you can DL it for free now(here). The upload date seems to coincide with the initial release of TWEE too.

I'm sure it may have changed by now, but here's a couple of reminders. A snip from CDPR's FAQ:

Q: Do I have to install the patch on the same computer I used to activate the game?

A: Yes, you must install the patch on the same computer you used to activate the game because the verification process must be able to reference the necessary registry entries.

...and a quote from one of our regular forum members on his experience:

It's not going smooth for me. I got the files but, when I tried to upgrade, it said I needed to register the game first. Ooops! OK, fine - luckily I still have my manual after 6 months. I regeistered my copy and… the updater STILL refuses to update, saying I have not registered the game. When I start the game, the little splash screen has 'Register" dimmed so that understands that I have registered the game.

Looks the same as free DLC to me.

Back
Top Bottom