Non-RPG General News - The State of Singleplayer Games

I thought past 3 years the only thing you're trying to have fun with is middlefinger to kotor fans called Knights Online, something like that. :p

I've uninstalled all my multiplayer games. I'm so over mmo's it's just not funny. I don't think I will ever play another mmo, they're all exactly the same game anyway, so what's the point?

So I intend to stick to single player games from now on, but the lack of simulation and stealth games in the future is a worry (they're my fav genres as well). Still, anything has got to be better than a mmo.

I agree with you. Not much into any mmo or mp game besides BF series.. And I avoid buying anything that is not SP. The small indie companies help with that.

It's up to them which direction they want to go. I'll stick my older sp games on pc and they can push that mmo-ish mp stuff. I won't be buying it.

I played Assassin's Creed Odyssey 142 hours without any online components, just single-player RPG fun, and no grinding. In my view it's the best RPG ever (taking into account that other great games such as PST have not aged great in terms of gameplay in my view).

whatamireading.png

Wouldn't put it in top 10 rank, but it's definitely rpg at this point, and imo overall better than any PB/Bethesda game to date: much better combat, world design, quests and story ( despite some cheesy writing), production&technical, open world gameplay, pretty much on par in terms on char progression.

Dead Red Redemption 2, Fallout 4, or even GTA titles could be called RPGs. And they are certainly AAA titles.

Fallout 4 is still an rpg, but Rockstar games are still very much action games with some light rpg elements. Far Cry games are probably a lot closer to it ( and Rage 2 , by the looks of it)

Wouldn't put it in top 10 rank, but it's definitely rpg at this point, and imo overall better than any PB/Bethesda game to date: much better combat, world design, quests and story ( despite some cheesy writing), production&technical, open world gameplay, pretty much on par in terms on char progression.

74d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom