Stanley Cup Playoffs 2019 edition

I have never, and still don't, care for the entitled attitude displayed by both Pittsburgh and Boston, so that's the genesis of my antipathy for both franchises. I grew up not far from Philadelphia, so as a tyke that was my favourite team hockey-wise. I'll always have a soft spot for Philly!!

Spent most of my life in Chicago so I'm a Blackhawk fan. Shame they haven't been doing so well in the last few years, but at least I have the Bears for Football later this year.:)

What's wrong with Boston? It is a great city unless you hate walking. Gotta walk 3 to 8 miles a day but as long as you're ok with walking it is a great city. great great great - just walk and walk and walk…. great walking city. Did i mention it is a great city as long as you don't mind a little walking ?

I still don't like the fans attitude during the 2011 Stanley Cup run and the effort the league went to make sure Boston won. However, the team still deserved it which is not something either Canuck haters and Boston fans understood why we feel we can say that, or we were just being trolled for once again. Canucks fans have always been easily trolled. We deserve to lose. We hate ourselves.

Also, Tom Brady is a cheater, and worse, won't accept his punishment.

I'm now a fan of Tim Thomas though. And the way the Red Sox won and finally got the MLB (and sports in general) to get off their high horses is worthy of applause.

So, don't take a cab if I'm every in Boston? What about NA's oldest subway? Should I refrain from mentioning the tea party was racist or that Sam Adams was both a nutjob and a traitor?

I have never, and still don't, care for the entitled attitude displayed by both Pittsburgh and Boston, so that's the genesis of my antipathy for both franchises. I grew up not far from Philadelphia, so as a tyke that was my favourite team hockey-wise. I'll always have a soft spot for Philly!!

The entitlement I've always had to deal with is Montreal and Toronto, followed by Edmonton who no longer do it, and lately Detroit fans who are now coming off their high horses. Vegas has been in danger of that, but that's league mandated (see what happened to the officials), and hopefully that's now nipped in the bud. Pittsburgh has had excellent and fun to watch teams and they've produced champions after decades of futility where they nearly folded. Other teams fans just hate their success.

The past is the past focus on the future and don't take a cab but the subway is decent but only if it goes where you want to go which isn't often.

I don't care much for Brady either but his wife is attractive.

So, don't take a cab if I'm every in Boston? What about NA's oldest subway? Should I refrain from mentioning the tea party was racist or that Sam Adams was both a nutjob and a traitor?

The past is the past focus on the future and don't take a cab but the subway is decent but only if it goes where you want to go which isn't often.
Agree Connecticut is the same way with the trains and the buses well they suck also.

After living in Edmonton for ten years, it's hard to imagine them ever feeling entitled as a city, but it might have been a different tale back in the eighties. I gnereally care a great deal for the original six teams, the exception being, of course, the Bruins.

After living in Edmonton for ten years, it's hard to imagine them ever feeling entitled as a city, but it might have been a different tale back in the eighties. I gnereally care a great deal for the original six teams, the exception being, of course, the Bruins.

After that 80's team was entirely purged finally, it continued it's entitlement attitude long after they became a supplier of young talent for other teams, ala the Montreal Expos. I think this about ended when most of the owners in Canada started crying poverty over the inflation of player salaries and the exchange rate of the Canadian dollar. This is when the infamous bailout was asked for from the Canadian Gov't which was quickly rescinded after public outcry (they got it anyway in the form of $100m from the CBC for rights to the games.)

They still aren't over that era however and there's a lot in management that still drink their own Kool Aid. I mean, Wayne talked one of those kids into signing with Edmonchuk by a personal phone call, it took them forever to get rid of Kevin Lowe, and who do they got now? Keith Gretzky?

Meh... I was really hoping Columbus would take that game 7. Guess I have to root for Carolina now...

Yeah, the playoffs this year were almost a total letdown for me, save that Pittsburgh was eliminated. I'm not the biggest Carolina fan but yeah, I'll be cheering them on against the beaners. I've high hopes that the Blues will come through tonight, fingers crossed!! That game last night with the Avalanche pulling out the win in overtime was well worth staying up for.

It was ridiculous. 4 shots in 40 minutes for Dallas? Were they that incompetent or were they trying to rope-a-dope the Blues into overtime.

Any team that tries to win 1-0 deserves to lose. Defense does not win championships; scoring more goals than the other team does.

That said, I have no love for Dallas and have always had a soft spot for St. Louis. No love for overrated Bennington and I despise dirty crosschecker Craig Berube. Dislike San Jose but Colorado even more. No affection for the Hurricanes but hate the Bruins (see post above).

Looks like by default I'm cheering for that bunch of jerks.

I'm also rooting for San Joe now. I'd like to see a San Jose-St Louis matchup to guarantee that at least one franchise that's never won the Cup makes it to the finals. Hopefully it'll be one of those teams vs Carolina.

Dallas was quite obviously playing full on defence for most of that game, and I agree that most times when you take that route, you are more likely to lose than you are to win. I've watched the Oilers play like that for years, and more than ninety percent of the time, it ended in grief for them. I don't care for Colorado but I despise the Sharks, so I'm wishing for shark soup. My favourites have been out for a while so now I'm just hoping for some seriously good matches.

While I could care less by hockey; given that I'm currently in Boston - go bruins go bruins go bruins. However if they shall not win - i probably won't notice - but having said that go bruins go bruins go bruins... btw do they win often ?

That was just an awful game yesterday, I have to hope Carolina will play much better on home turf. As things stand today, I could be looking at a total nightmare of a finale, Boston vs San Jose perhaps. Should such a travesty occur, I'll be there cheering for ambulances and doctors to have a field day!!!

Carolina's defense was amazingly bad. Boston was picking it apart like untying a shoelace. And they never seemed to be able to compensate. This is going to be over in 4 straight if they can't figure out the B's patterns. If they do put more focus on defense, they'll still need to find a way to score goals which they are not getting.

BTW, Rod Brind'amour used to live in my hometown of 16,000 in Northern Canada (now half of that). I never met him but one of my best friends from high school said he played hockey with him.

we54c4i.png

The NHL series director confirms the hand pass was offset by Ram's cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman's pass interference on the play.

Last edited:
It was pretty obvious the moment it occurred, I almost tossed my remote down in sheer disgust. I've not seen a more blatant missed call this season than the one that happened last night.

It's the worst (non) call I've ever seen outside of Professional Boxing, the Olympics, or the Kentucky Derby.

I didn't see it, but I knew it must have been pretty bad when I read that some gambling websites were actually refunding bets.

Back
Top Bottom