Dragon Age 4 - To Be Set in Tevinter

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer reports that Dragon Age 4 will be set in Tevinter.

We were already pretty sure that Dragon Age 4 will be set in the previously unseen realm of Tevinter. The Inquisitor stabs a knife directly into a map of the Tevinter Imperium at the end of the Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC Trespasser, for one thing, and BioWare pointed a finger in the same direction in 2020 with the release of a collection of short stories called Tevinter Nights.

The writing's been on the wall. But now, it's in an actual licensed book. Any doubts about the location of the new game have been dispelled by the recently released BioWare: Stories and Secrets from 25 Years of Game Development, a book celebrating the studio's 25th anniversary with art, pictures, commentary, and stories. Tom Phillips of Eurogamer scored himself a copy, and found an official confirmation inside.

[...]
More information.

Still need to finish DA:I. I’ve tried several times but there’s just so much filler and respawning.

I’m guessing I’ll have plenty of time to play it before this is actually released.

Still need to finish DA:I. I’ve tried several times but there’s just so much filler and respawning.

I’m guessing I’ll have plenty of time to play it before this is actually released.

Honestly... you aren't missing much. It's OK game but still it pales when compared to DA:Origins :/ I also don't know what to expect from new Bioware...

I thought it was already known that the next game was going to be set in Tevinter.

and BioWare pointed a finger in the same direction in 2020 with the release of a collection of short stories called Tevinter Nights.

Tevinter Nights? :roll:

I thought it was already known that the next game was going to be set in Tevinter.

Tevinter Nights? :roll:

You joke but I'm willing to bet someone there has already floated that name to the design team as a sincere idea.

When it happens, you can say you called it here first on the Watch. :biggrin:

Day one purchase for me. Don't really care about the negativity.:p

DA:I had many flaws, but I spent many hours with it and enjoyed it. I especially appreciated possibility of tactical view on battles. Even though controls were seriously flawed, it made it possible for me to play it the way I like ( top-down, RTwP, control over all party members ). You dont get that packed with AAA presentation these days anymore.

Nevertheless I didnt finish the game at the end. Not because of annoying filler content many are mentioning (and they are right), but because of flaw in character building. My warrior-champion became at later point in game literally invincible. I didnt go for some min-maxing, but anyway ended up with completely invincible main character, which made all combat very boring.

Anyway, Im looking forward to next game in series and I hope they will not give up on the tactical battle system in favor to actiony 3rd person view with party members controlled by AI. Probably wont happen, I know ...

I really like DA:I, but Tevinter never really appealed to me. I'll take it, I guess.

It appeals to me if they do it right. Take chances. But most likely it'll be bland and unimaginative like the rest of the Dragon Age games. Don't get me wrong, I like them. But they have never done all that much with the setting beyond Templars vs Mages. A society run by mages could have all kinds of interesting implications if they bother to explore them.

It appeals to me if they do it right. Take chances. But most likely it'll be bland and unimaginative like the rest of the Dragon Age games. Don't get me wrong, I like them. But they have never done all that much with the setting beyond Templars vs Mages. A society run by mages could have all kinds of interesting implications if they bother to explore them.

Hopefully, there will be some development resources left for lore, after they implement romance options for all 42 genders, including plants and animals :roll:

Interesting place. I wonder what will be the main focus of the game: 1)Mages vs slaves, 2) Imperial Chantry vs Chantry in Orlais or 3) Tevinter vs Qunari
Besides, Weisshaupt, the headquarters of the Grey Wardens, is close to Tevinter. Perhaps we can visit it and find out what happened to them.

Same here. Inquisition was a good game.
Good, but only it's main quests. The openworld was trash.
In any case, I'll wait for no respawn mod before buying.
Instaspawning bears simply do not interest me.

Good, but only it's main quests. The openworld was trash.
In any case, I'll wait for no respawn mod before buying.
Instaspawning bears simply do not interest me.
I remember some good side quests too.
I also remember that I was quite impressed by some beautiful locations and taking a lot of screenshots. Can't find them anymore though.

Back
Top Bottom