Do you have the energy to play games after work+chores?

I don’t play a lot of games and almost never am able to finish one. I sometimes manage a few weeks in a row to get an hour or two in on a day, which is then followed with a lot of weeks of rarely touching a game. Somehow I don’t get it to fit in my schedule anymore in that timeframe.

I
For relaxation, I tend to use passive entertainment - mostly reading, watching a show or a movie.

I found that interesting on a side note. I don't own a TV and don't watch movies. I play games as I want my mind to be engaged in something. How engaged, however, depends on my energy level.

But I seldom find reading all that passive. Sure some can be but reading can be very demanding and stimulating I find. Guess it depends on what you are reading, much like a game.

I found that interesting on a side note. I don't own a TV and don't watch movies. I play games as I want my mind to be engaged in something. How engaged, however, depends on my energy level.

But I seldom find reading all that passive. Sure some can be but reading can be very demanding and stimulating I find. Guess it depends on what you are reading, much like a game.

Yes, I suppose you're right. I actually rarely literally read books (2-3 pr. year I think), as I tend to listen to audiobooks instead.

They're perfect for putting me to sleep - and it's rarer still that I finish one without missing something here or there. I find myself investing ever less into the experience - and it's very common for me to listen to the same passages over and over, because I didn't pay much attention the last time.

Reading a real book does take a little more effort - and that's probably why I rarely do it. I'm a lazy son of a bitch, and if I'm going to make the effort - games will be my number one choice 9 times out of 10.

Reading a real book does take a little more effort - and that's probably why I rarely do it. I'm a lazy son of a bitch, and if I'm going to make the effort - games will be my number one choice 9 times out of 10.

Semi-troll rant: How about trying out the wonders of interactive fiction then?
Is it a book? Yes! Is it a game? Yes!

For the uninitiated: interactive fiction (IF) is the subgenre of the text-only adventure game, which was popular in the early '80s, and still flies nowadays as a special underground community. No graphics, all text, and user input is via typing.

The best IF games have exceptional text and mind-bending puzzles, all in one.
Thus, the experience is a weird but fun fusion of literature and gaming.

Semi-troll rant: How about trying out the wonders of interactive fiction then?
Is it a book? Yes! Is it a game? Yes!

For the uninitiated: interactive fiction (IF) is the subgenre of the text-only adventure game, which was popular in the early '80s, and still flies nowadays as a special underground community. No graphics, all text, and user input is via typing.

The best IF games have exceptional text and mind-bending puzzles, all in one.
Thus, the experience is a weird but fun fusion of literature and gaming.

I played a lot text adventures in the 80s - but that kind of thing was never really my genre.

I'm much too demanding in terms of the gameplay experience.

I feel tired but still can enjoy an hour or two of my favorite PS4 games

Back
Top Bottom