Gothic 2 Gothic 2 with "modern" graphics mod

I'm amazed people are still working on Gothic 2. It really shows what an impact it had, and how well certain aspects (atmosphere, world design, etc) still work well today. I recently replayed it myself, so it'll be a while until I play it again, but I have no doubt I'll come back to it yet again.

Whoa, this looks fantastic.

Is it the same DX11 mod Fluent already talked about?

Yes, joxer, it is. I don't use L'Hiver but I use the D3D11 renderer. Makes the game look great and I have several videos showing it off on my channel. Feel free to take a look if you'd like to see more of these "epic graphics"! =)

Me? LOL
Sorry, I avoid streams.
Actively waiting for "it's done" announcement to replay G2 with DX11 renderer.

By Innos, that looks simply amazing. :drool:

Two questions:
1) Is there a re-texture only version of this l'Hiver thing (because it seems like it also rebalances and changes the world)?
2) Does a similar thing exist for G1?

I don't get what's so amazing about this. The whole graphics style is different now, due to the changed colours. G2 played in spring or summer, this looks like autumn. One thing I don't like is the fog at all the wrong places.

I believe the colors retardness in the vid is a result of SweetFX. I refused to use SweetFX in TW3 for exactly the same reason.
Since I'm not the person who wants messed saturation so much it looks near black/white, I plan to apply only DX11 renderer.

Yes, maybe it's SweetFX.
The whole thing looks overexposed.

I agree. While the textures are sharper, it seems to have less color. I don't like how everything is shades of brown.

I don't remember the DX11 renderer doing that, so I assume it's the SweetFX or the Lhiver mod.

Does my video look right color-wise? I didn't notice anything but I'm not using SweetFX or L'Hiver.

I too prefer orginal summer / spring colours seen in Fluent's hd video.

I would stay away from L'Hiver and SweetFX, then.

My video is just the D3D11 renderer by itself. I noticed that the game looks similar to how it originally looked, only more "high def". That's one of the reasons why I really love the mod - it doesn't change how the game looks or feels. It still feels like true Gothic 2, just shinier. :)

Fluent,

Are there graphics mods for Gothic 1 ? If so, where can I find them ?

Thanks!

Andre considered making the same mod for Gothic 1, but I don't think he's done that yet. Unfortunately, that's all I know. When I played and completed Gothic 1, I did have the Player Kit and something-or-other installed, mainly to greatly increase the draw distance and uncap the framerate, etc. Sorry, I can't remember much else, but you should find what you need with a quick Google search of Gothic 1 mods. :)

Back
Top Bottom