Elder Scrolls Online

I'll let you know after I get in and have a few levels on me. I'll be PvE and just questing for a while. I'm sure I'll try PvP eventually.

Do you see other people if you're not in PvP? The thing that holds me back from these types of games are the jarring names and actions of live humans. I don't want to see UberDick, LongDong, FuxATwat, etc.

Do you see other people if you're not in PvP? The thing that holds me back from these types of games are the jarring names and actions of live humans. I don't want to see UberDick, LongDong, FuxATwat, etc.

Nameplates are off by default, so you just see people running around, rummaging in their bags or reading books/maps. The place where you see the most players is around crafting stations and the bank.

I'm on the NA server. I just activated a second (Gold) account. 8 more slots + dlc FTW!

Bought Gold and have it installed. Now if I can just resist the neighborhood bar after work I'll be in this afternoon. :p

Let me know how it goes, Toff. I'm very much on the fence as I'm about as anti-social as you can get without the violence :D

While I still advocate everyone joining the Watch's DDO guild on Khyber for a fun time, my son decided to buy me the Gold Edition of ESO for Father's Day. Currently I'm away from home in my RV for most of Sept and Oct, so I won't be playing it until after I return.

Name is: Toff the Wanderer

NA server and I have no idea what I am doing. I like the clueless part of a new Mmo tho I do wish Alchemy was a bit easier.

Away for 2 months? Probably making one of those extreme survival shows.

Last edited:
Name is: Toff the Wanderer

NA server and I have no idea what I am doing. I like the clueless part of a new Mmo tho I do wish Alchemy was a bit easier.

Away for 2 months? Probably making one of those extreme survival shows.

At Corwins age every day is an extreme survival show.

I'm up to level 21 now and am a Vampire which is pretty neat. :) I wrote a character history story on a RP forum that had a good reason for me to want to become a Vampire. I have not written the followup yet but it will be good as theres a funny story that actually happened in game on my journey to getting infected.

I'm not totally sold on the game tho.

The graphics are superb. I play on my laptop with a 980m with everything on the highest settings and can usually stay at 60 fps but do sometimes drop to 40ish briefly. 40 fps is still fine for me. Lighting is perhaps the best I've ever seen in any game. Sneaking through a dungeon with the crystals and blue glowing plants with dust floating around in the light shafts is just great. I pause quite frequently to just look around.

The gameplay overall however is lacking. Quest writing is below average for sure. Perhaps I was spoiled by W3 but its bad when I feel that I could write better conversations. UI is lacking, very little customization and not much basic info being displayed. Fighting is lacking. I'm not in a guild so am only using gear I find and I easily kill everything pretty much. I rarely feel like I'm in danger unless i delve in a dungeon a few levels over me and am being swarmed.

Also why still the lack of a LFG chat channel? It makes zone chat is some areas totally useless and annoying. Also I do not like the way they did the guild stores. Its just not useful or interesting the way they have it.

Yet another item I do not like is the global server instead of distinct ones. I always play on RP servers for the maturity even tho I'm just a light RPer. The names and junk in chat are just horrible.

I bought the Gold edition which came with 4 expansions and I'm not very impressed with them. I am not a fan of level scaling at all. To me areas should be locked off to lower level characters. It should be extremely dangerous to try to peek in them before you are ready. I highly doubt I will bother paying the monthly fee for the bonuses or get the other DLC areas.

I know I said quite a bit of bad on the game. Its not unplayable, its just not a longterm MMO to get into. I see me playing till I reach the highest level then quiting. I'm still in a MMO mood but theres nothing on the horizon really that interests me unfortunately.

If your looking for a MMO to get into I'd choose LOTRO over ESO by far. Its better in every way except graphics and its not that far behind even there.

Last edited:
You really need to check out some of the ui mods over on on esoui.com. Use the minion client to manage you mods. Just like Skyrim, the default UI is very lacking.

I am not really interested in heavy roleplaying in MMOs, so that's why I haven't bothered with the over the top Tolkein roleplayers on LotRO.

Mostly, ESO really doesn't start to get challenging until PvP and group veteran dungeons and trials.

Also try the group finder to get in a group. A LFG channel isn't really needed. But more importantly, you need to get invited to a PVE or PVP group guild. Most use Teamspeak since there is no in game voice chat on PC. It's great fun. Playing single player pales in comparison if you are social at all.

The quests and writing have gotten better thankfully. By the third area its decent. Plenty of other items that annoy me tho (like the User ID crap and lack of a global place to sell) that other MMOs have had fixed/implemented for a long time. I joined a RP guild and have been having fun. They have not figured out that I'm a vampire yet, most RP guilds do not let vampires or werewolves in. I'm not that evil for a bloodsucker … but I do feel bad when I kill other vampires.

I need to start taking some screenshots as some of the dungeons have some spectacular spots.

Last edited:
I just picked up Tamriel Unlimited and played it for the first time last night.

Wasn't too keen on the character creator. And by that I mean there were a lot of options to make a character that didn't really seem to make a lot of difference, but it's sufficient, and better than a lot of other MMOs.

Other than that I have to say i'm pleasantly surprised.

From what I understand, the game was different when originally came out, but from my experience, it feels like Skyrim got together with LOTR Online and had a baby. And I mean that in a good way. An MMO with multiple dialogue options? Sure a more simplistic implementation but very refreshing over the norm MMO one click answers. The combat system is nice too, combining your standard MMO abilities with an attack/block/dodge system that isn't so cumbersome, and animation is a lot more fluid over the other Elder Scrolls games, and doesn't feel awkward. NPCs and mobs actually seem like they have purpose in the world and interact with it somewhat, not your standard MMO where you walk into an area and it feels like you just walked into a mob grocery store. And my favourite part, the exploration. It seems to scratch this itch really well. And of course, it looks great. Especially for an MMO. It's one of the first games in a while that I lost track of time and ended up stopping two hours later than I expected.

The UI though is going to take some getting used to (expected since it's accessible on consoles too) but looks like there's some mods for that mentioned here.

I'm looking forward to playing this more.

Global level scaling went in today. Blah but I'll give it a chance for a few days to see how it is.

Well it certainly makes gathering mats a lot easier. Fought a few of the world bosses, and are tough now that they level scale and now drop set items that are useful to my maxed toon. Makes the whole world more interesting.

Played some of the new level scaling tonight. Am not a fan of it but that doesn't surprise me as I've never enjoyed it in an rpg. . I'll give it another few tries to grow on me but Secret World is on sale so I'm picking that up tomorrow.

Am updating TESO now to give it a bash in the next few days too.

The Secret World is fun. A touch dated but it's a nice change to all the fantasy stuff. Not to mention I'm a fan of the themes plus you actually have to use your brain for some of the investigation missions.

I found a good aspect of the level scaling.

Did some stuff with the guild this weekend and didn't have to worry about outleveling my quests which was nice. I was skipping quild events before because of that. Also adventuring has become harder for sure. Everything seems to hit alot harder and it's obvious my old gear needs to be upgraded. If only we had a global marketplace ...

I had TESO downloaded in anticipation for One Tamriel for a while but I haven't even tried it yet. Can't decide what race/class to play. *cry*

On another subject the update released on the PS4 today from what I read on the web.

Back
Top Bottom