Votes: 25 15.6%
  • Borderlands

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Boiling Point

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Vampire: Bloodlines

Votes: 44 27.5%

• Total voters
While I haven't played System Shock 2 I'm now playing Deus Ex and I must say.. I understand what people meant when they were calling it a classic! It's REALLY good, has very tight mechanics (yeah, it's true that it doesn't feel like a shooter but I don't think it should though), non-linearity, really good world-building (the storyline isn't particularly impressive but it works) and a mindblowingly good soundtrack.
Can't really ask for more, can I? So yeah, I vote for Deus Ex.

Well, have fun! :D And you can still play System Shock 2 afterward. ;)

Well, have fun! :D And you can still play System Shock 2 afterward. ;)

Of course. Not sure how it'd run on 7, but if I find it I'll definitely give it a try.
Still cursin' myself for not having played Deus Ex before!

As this is a favorite genre of mine, I really want to pick a bunch of them. I love Bloodlines, STALKER, and ME1/2. I even liked Boiling Point. And I'd add System Shock (which was so much better than SS2 to me) and NOLF 1&2 (which is really stretching it - but feels right anyways). :p But since I have to pick one... Deus Ex it is!

Out of the choices on this list it's Deus Ex for me. SS2 was decent, but not as special as the first SS.

Voted Bloodlines, awesome game. Deus Ex is great one too. SS2 is 'okay', while everything else on that list is shit (first STALKER was okay, though)

I haven't played Borderlands and Boiling Point and I don't know if the other's qualify as shooters, so it's STALKER for me.

I have played half of the games in that list - mostly because first person perspective doesn't quite agree with me. (And I won't vote unless I even play SS2 at least since it's so respected)

I just wanted to say that I finally decided, partly because of this poll (and partly because of CraigCWB's holy crusade against it), to give Deus Ex a try… and, even though I haven't gone too far yet, I am very -very- impressed! (If only I could have the option to switch to 3rd person when not holding a gun - like in Bloodlines - I would be completely and perfectly happy with it)

(If only I could have the option to switch to 3rd person when not holding a gun - like in Bloodlines - I would be completely and perfectly happy with it)

Why?

Seriously, I want to know (mostly cause I am working on similar RPG and have decided to remove third person option completely).

Why?

Seriously, I want to know (mostly cause I am working on similar RPG and have decided to remove third person option completely).
Because I don't feel as comfortable with first person view. I'm not implying that there's anything wrong with it - simple personal preference.

It seems weird to constantly see your back but first person view tend show nothing which is even more weird objectively.

I also prefer an over the shoulder view but for a shooter I don't see the point with constantly changing the view myself I would hate that setup. If there's hand to hand and close combat, first person view just not work at all for me. But who know, perhaps a game could implement it in a way different I haven't tried and make me enjoy it.

Yes but first person view similar to games like Arma for instance. You can see your body, your shoulders.. pretty much see the damage on your characters body. How about something like this?

I mean, you can even see the new equipment you are wearing, you can see dirt or clothes getting wet. Will you still switch to third person over this?

Yes but first person view similar to games like Arma for instance. You can see your body, your shoulders.. pretty much see the damage on your characters body. How about something like this?

I mean, you can even see the new equipment you are wearing, you can see dirt or clothes getting wet. Will you still switch to third person over this?

As far as I'm concerned it's certainly not about being able to see my character's equipment - it's simply about having a wider field of view where I can always have an idea of what's going on in my character's immediate surroundings - think that if there's someone standing right next to you, you would know - you would be able to 'feel' it even if you were looking at a different direction.

- When I want to shoot someone I like being able to switch to first person so I can focus on my target without being distracted,
- in close combat I like being able to switch to third person to be able to keep an eye on other potential enemies so that I can avoid being flanked as well as being able to have an idea of my surroundings so I can know how to maneuverer while nor losing sight of my target,
- while exploring and especially while sneaking I prefer third person so I can have the widest possible field of view and therefore the ability to quickly locate potential threats or points of interest.

Wider FOV in FPS view can help a bit but I can see how it's still limiting (like you said, you still can't "feel" enemies) unless resorting to some artificial gimicks.

So I guess leaving FPS and third person option for the players will do then.

I voted for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but my alltime favorite is Teamfortress Classic

Why would you consider Team Fortress Classic a shooter/RPG?

I am voting for Boiling Point simply because it seems that no body has played Xenus II : White Gold. Which is practicaly "Boiling Point II" :)

I finished this game couple of days ago and to me this is one of the best Free-roaming RPG shooters ever made.
- Huge world
- Hundreds of quests
- Many factions to chose between
- Nice story
- Nice girls ;-)
- All kind of vehicles and all of them can be used
- lovely graphics (despite the fact that the game was released 2 years ago).
- Great game-play freedom

In short - all the games mentioned are great and I love them all. Xenus II however is a hidden gem. Very big. Realy nice.

Last edited:
Boiling Point 2? Wasn't the first one a complete train wreck?

I did a checkup of boiling point 2, and it is very hard to find any info at all in english about it. But everywhere people write something about it, it is extremly postive…. so I really want to try it now.

Is it possible to buy an english version? where did you get it Glorian ?

Back
Top Bottom