Bard's Tale IV - Director's Cut Soon

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep Directors Cut will be available soon.

Director's Cut Has Arrived!

Hi All, we're locked and loaded for The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut to go live at 9am PDT tomorrow on Steam and GOG for Windows, Mac, and Linux!

If for some reason you haven't claimed your game key yet, click here for some help on that.

For all backers, as previously mentioned, you will be receiving the Digital Deluxe version of the game. For Steam users, this will be done automatically. For GOG users, you will be emailed via CrowdOx to receive an upgrade key. Those emails are going out right now, so for our GOG backers, be sure to monitor both your inbox and junk mail folders for that email.

There are a couple of known issues to give you a head's up on:

• For the Mac version: the install is slightly larger than the messaged 55gb.
  • For the Linux version: there is a bug with certain combats respawning that is being investigated.
Thank you again from all of us at inXile for your support of The Bard's Tale IV! We're thrilled to finally have all of you diving in to Barrows Deep!

More information.

I'm currently replaying the original trilogy, but I'll likely replay Bard's Tale Four either later this year or early next. Since I know the puzzle solutions now, I suspect my second run-through will be far more enjoyable.

I'm currently replaying the original trilogy, but I'll likely replay Bard's Tale Four either later this year or early next. Since I know the puzzle solutions now, I suspect my second run-through will be far more enjoyable.

Wait wait wait.

Wait.

You remember all those puzzle solutions? :D

Hmm, I backed this but still haven’t played it yet. As usual waiting is good.

It’s so far down my backlog though I have no idea when or if I’ll ever get to it.

I wonder how many GBs this might be ...

Remember? Heck no, I can barely tell you what I had for supper last night! I do, however, tend to take copious notes, particularly maps and any puzzle solutions.

Great! I've got a bit of a backlog myself but I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

Looks great; despite pledging, I got scared away at launch due to the terrible reviews. Looking forward to this updated version though.

So they tried to improve on a mediocre game filled with lots of Bad SHT art: Here is a new review of the Director's Cut:

This game has a really long list of 1st day bugs… really? I thought that Microsoft would help a lot in QA, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Now, for the worst part: the game graphics look a lot WORSE. I don't understand, it must be a bug or something. The shading is awful! In the first I could see real mud on the ground, now I see simple puddles, no god rays… no…. nothing!

If patches in the future corrects this, ok, but if it is the real game, sorry…

Like any other product these days, you never ever jump in on day one. I'm sure they'll need a few more updates to get everything just the way they envisioned it. Hopefully by the time I want to replay this, it will be all ready.

Back
Top Bottom