Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c - Page 6 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c

September 11th, 2021, 18:27
Originally Posted by Kos View Post
Really? Which one please? I am playing one.
Err… let's say that Pathfinder rules are somewhat different to D&D and that the main stats are not explained too well in the CRPGs.
Let's say that the specific sublcass I chose was NOT charisma-based…
I retrained to Magus and i've been doing fine since then.

PS: never crashed here (9900k with rtx 2070). Also loading times are a hundred times better than in Kingmaker.

Telstar

CRPG lover

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

September 11th, 2021, 19:22
One thing I have found with the game that I have not been crazy about is that they sometimes use a bit too much text for something that could have been portrayed with much less. This has me at times glossing over conversations.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

September 11th, 2021, 23:18
My main pet peeve are the unskippable cut-scenes.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

September 11th, 2021, 23:27
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
My main pet peeve are the unskippable cut-scenes.
Try ‘Enter’ key to skip cutscenes. That should work. I think you can even rebind this specific key in the controls options. ‘Space’ skips dialogue, ‘enter’ skips cutscenes.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

September 11th, 2021, 23:53
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
Try ‘Enter’ key to skip cutscenes. That should work. I think you can even rebind this specific key in the controls options. ‘Space’ skips dialogue, ‘enter’ skips cutscenes.
Does it ? I had no clue. I'll need to remember this.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

September 12th, 2021, 00:22
Does it ? I had no clue. I'll need to remember this.
You can easily bypass pretty much everything, even the initial battle between Deskari and Ten (if you hit the enter key right after starting the second activity you do at the festival.

You can really whip though things - I know as I have gone through the first prologue area dozens and dozens of times trying out characters. Alternate SPACE bar to skip dialogue , that doesn't require you to chose a response of course, and ENTER to skip any kind of cut scene.

They even tell you this on the tips and tutorial lessons they give.

EDIT: To clarify I don't recommend skipping scenes or dialogue if you haven't seen them before as they are critical to the story in most cases. On the other hand if you have seen them a half-dozen times then its nice to have that option. I have done the first chapter close to 20 times at this point and don't really need to see them all again except for my favorites, those I still enjoy watching. I love most of them myself and like how they made a game of this genre and style so cinematic.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Last edited by wolfgrimdark; September 12th, 2021 at 00:34.

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

September 13th, 2021, 12:30
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
You can easily bypass pretty much everything, even the initial battle between Deskari and Ten (if you hit the enter key right after starting the second activity you do at the festival.

You can really whip though things - I know as I have gone through the first prologue area dozens and dozens of times trying out characters. Alternate SPACE bar to skip dialogue , that doesn't require you to chose a response of course, and ENTER to skip any kind of cut scene.

They even tell you this on the tips and tutorial lessons they give.

EDIT: To clarify I don't recommend skipping scenes or dialogue if you haven't seen them before as they are critical to the story in most cases. On the other hand if you have seen them a half-dozen times then its nice to have that option. I have done the first chapter close to 20 times at this point and don't really need to see them all again except for my favorites, those I still enjoy watching. I love most of them myself and like how they made a game of this genre and style so cinematic.
Thank you so much for this. I never knew it worked.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

September 13th, 2021, 14:44
Thank you so much for this. I never knew it worked.
Aye, as not being able to skip scenes I have seen a hundred times annoys me to lol.

Side not, as I brought up somewhere, sometimes skipping quickly can lock the camera so you can zoom in/out. Have to reload to fix that. Only seen it happen twice to myself though so seems rare and not worth not skipping IMO
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

September 13th, 2021, 15:24
Yep, I've played several versions of the Shield Maze too. I haven't really played much beyond that one dungeon. I know I want a magic dps of some sort but there are a lot of choices.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

September 14th, 2021, 10:38
Just in to say that I finished the game a couple days ago, and I'm ready to talk about it.

I hope you are all itching to hear.

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

September 15th, 2021, 08:47
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
Just in to say that I finished the game a couple days ago, and I'm ready to talk about it.
Obvious question: did you sleep?
--
"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
Administrator
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

September 15th, 2021, 09:09
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
Obvious question: did you sleep?
Hah! I did. Clocked at 106 hours, Unfair difficulty, Turn-Based mode (turning to RTwP for trivial encounters), Angel path. Definitely working from home flexibility helped a lot.

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

September 15th, 2021, 09:32
Bah when your disabled and retired early because of it sleep doesn't matter. I usually finish games fast as well nowadays, but hey that's due to my trainer making skills.

People always ask how do you finish so fast. Simple answer I cheat.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)

September 15th, 2021, 16:52
I'm surprised joxer wasn't finished last week.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)

September 15th, 2021, 17:05
I'm not even out of chapter 2 still. Drezen is taking me literally days to go through. Steam says I have 61.4 hours into it so far, which is probably more like 64 in reality (from having to do fights like the tavern defense multiple times).

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

September 15th, 2021, 18:37
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I'm not even out of chapter 2 still. Drezen is taking me literally days to go through. Steam says I have 61.4 hours into it so far, which is probably more like 64 in reality (from having to do fights like the tavern defense multiple times).
I keep hearing fables about this Tavern defense being tedious and hard, especially for the TB crowd, but I never had one. It must be related with the order in which you do things that the event becomes easier, or harder, or you don't do it at all.

It's kind of nice that the game has such things.

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

September 15th, 2021, 22:40
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post

I hope you are all itching to hear.
How much content do you think you skipped bee-lining the main quest at break-neck speed?

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

September 15th, 2021, 22:48
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
How much content do you think you skipped bee-lining the main quest at break-neck speed?
Nothing, I think! As far as I know I didn't miss one single side quest or area. I probably missed some things due to different paths or simply not meeting requirements of being at the appropriate place at the appropriate time, Pathfinder games do like to do that.

I don't feel I was especially efficient either, I rested when I needed to (though I always tried to push to the limits before doing so, ie, kept going without buffs til I hit an impossible fight, died, reloaded, rested and nuked the encounter with all fresh resources) and never had to backtrack to previous chapters to do unfinished business (or lost access to it because advancing through the story).

I did trivialise the army part of the game by just picking a broken combination of general and troops and basically oneshotting every demon army because I heavily disliked that part of the game, but I still had to do it, much to my dismay.

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c