Skyrim - Review Roundup #2

I finally figured out what was happening with the key bindings. Apologies for the extra posts but it was a little obscure.

The remapping of keys DOES work but the on screen key tips don't match (that is what the Devs plan on fixing).

In other words if POV was mapped to F and you use F to assign favorites in the inventory ... and you map POV to the HOME KEY ... well then when you are in the inventory you need to use the HOME KEY to assign favorites ... because, of course, you mapped the F key to that.

Same for all the other issues I had. If R was mapped to the END key for ready/sheath and R is also used to DROP items from inventory ... well then you need to use the END key for that.

Its confusing because the "help" text in the menu doesn't reflect the new mapping.

I sure hope this helps somebody ... going back to fix some of my previous posts on the issue.

Was this temple non-linear?
I´m asking because the 6 or so dungeons I´ve been to so far were very linear.
They were mostly quite eventful so I enjoyed "clearing" them, but this might get old after a while if some more intricately laid out ones aren´t present.

You probably already done this one then. It's very close to where you come out of the tutorial dungeon.

It was as linear as you can get, but had two puzzles and some traps to avoid. The puzzles were easy and even if you didn't figure out the solution, you could guess the answer through trial and error.

It depends on how these dungeons are made whether or not they will keep being interesting. I liked this one and it was rather large for being an early level dungeon. I expected a small dungeon with a few rooms in it. Maybe take twenty minutes tops. An hour and a half later I'm emerging from this dang thing. I leveled up four or five times and my destruction/restoration skills are much improved. Plus, archery, one-handed, light armor, lockpicking and sneaking all got a lot of attention. Only problem is I wanted conjuration, alchemy and enchantment to be some of my main skills in the beginning. Oh well, conjuration is leveling up pretty quickly now that I have a couple of spells for it. Only problem is enchantment. It's killing me that I have to head straight to the college or jarl before I'll have a way to upgrade that skill. I really want to take a few detours, but can't yet.

Another thing that is killing me is the DAMN BOOKS!!!! I have to read every one of them that I find. It's like some uncontrollable urge. I just found a place with a dozen books and read them all. Even the ones I've read in Morrowind and Oblivion. Just to refresh my memory ;) Oh well, I'm done reading and now heading back into the wintery wonderland.

It's a little surprising how much I am enjoying this one. Normally, don't like TES this much, but the NPCs are well done this time around. With the exception of two hirelings you encounter. They're having a dispute over a girl and one of them just up and asks me to do something without any warning or knowledge of who the hell these people are. A little more information into why you want me to do something underhanded would have been appreciated.

It looks like the favorites being forgotten thing is linked to having multiple of a hotkeyed item in your inventory. As soon as I changed to a different bow (of which i didnt have 3 in my inventory) my problem stopped. I switched back to the multiple one, and it came back.

...the NPCs are well done this time around. With the exception of two hirelings you encounter. They're having a dispute over a girl and one of them just up and asks me to do something without any warning or knowledge of who the hell these people are. A little more information into why you want me to do something underhanded would have been appreciated.

I had the same reaction. That's why I ended up screwing over the presumptuous elf with the girl and going adventuring in the dungeon with the Nord. Not only did the elf ask you to do something, he asks you to lie to the girl for him. That elf's got some nerve. He's lucky I only screwed him over with the girl; I thought about killing him. :p

It came as a total shock to me the nord wanted to go adventuring with me. I'm assuming that the elf goes with you too if you help him out. Just a bit more information into this would have done wonders.

Yes, a few more lines of story are needed for these two. Strange since they're right at the beginning of the game -- my first introduction to companions in Skyrim.

The only reason I didn't kill the elf the first time is because he's an archery trainer. But, you've convinced me. I was saved outside his house, so I broke into his house at night and killed him. When he insisted I leave, I set him on fire and got the slow-motion killing blow. For once, it was a nice camera angle, and he dropped prettily as I slashed his throat with an axe. It's my house now. The Nord was still with me. He didn't participate, but he didn't drop a dime on me either. :p

Is anyone having chests and npcs falling through the floor. I cant complete one quest since the character is dead and stuck in the floor. I think I found my first glitch or bug.

Is anyone having chests and npcs falling through the floor. I cant complete one quest since the character is dead and stuck in the floor. I think I found my first glitch or bug.
Doesn't the good old tcl console command help with such problems?

Doesn't the good old tcl console command help with such problems?

Not when the npc is dead and stuck when I never talked or met her. Ruined the whole quest. For the chest it worked no problem. I cant proceed in the butcher quest.

Isn't Skyrim supposed to lead to another npc? if the first questgiver npc is dead?

edit:
As for the information, are you saying that in Skyrim, Bethesda has actually listened to the complaints about too much information in Oblivion, where the game told you where to go, when to do it and how to do it........ Just curious...

Last edited:
You probably already done this one then.
Yeah.

It depends on how these dungeons are made whether or not they will keep being interesting.
That´s right and so far the dungeons I´ve been to were quite interesting, but it kinda doesn´t feel like "dungeon crawling" when the maps are this linear.
I don´t think I will mind it if few dungeons with non-linear level design are present, but if all are linear, that sucks.

DAMN BOOKS!!!!
Haha.
It´s great Bethesda didn´t skimp on these.

Back
Top Bottom