DPB, you mean windows screen options, not some game option?

For Moriendor… When it comes to a certain quest reward in Antigua, make sure you ask for socks! :D

If you want all the hunting skills, they can be had pretty easily on Kila. Just beware, I don't know how many played the original Gothic game, but they brought back a... troublesome NPC from it.

Does anyone know if the console codes are available in this game? I love the pc for one reason, I can cheat away things I don't like. The first thing I did was max out dexterity and influence, because I hate having to remember where all the heavily locked chests are for later and not being able to say cool things in dialogue. I had to do this with cheat engine though.

I wouldn't mind testing out which magic I prefer before I make the choice. DH or Guardian is my dilemma. They have pretty similar spells, but I am worried that maybe they gave DH longer cooldowns to make the G's the more magicky faction. I really hate the idea of cooldowns.

damn it I hate the morality system :(

If you want all the hunting skills, they can be had pretty easily on Kila. Just beware, I don't know how many played the original Gothic game, but they brought back a… troublesome NPC from it.

Oh no !!!
Not who I think it is :O

Well... I'm done with Antigua anyway, found locations of a couple of legendary items on Kila and Caldera but Patty should be on Kila too so next stop... Kila. :D

ROFL etc etc ;-)

I was reading a 'diss-Risen-3' post in Steam forums...and found this rebuttal to someone who was criticizing the game in a thread labelled "2 polished turds out of 5"..I almost fell off my seat laughing and just had to share it...hehe...

"What a troll this kids is.. ♥♥♥♥ off the game is good go watch sponge bob and plan your next school yard massacre."

Oh dear...

DPB, you mean windows screen options, not some game option?

Yeah, in Windows. Apparently the original Risen had a similar issue, except it the was journal text not showing up.

For Moriendor… When it comes to a certain quest reward in Antigua, make sure you ask for socks! :D

Yeah I was wondering what would happen if I picked that option but since I figured I'd get more +soul if I let the poor sod off the hook, I let him go w/o taking anything from him :) . Also hoping that it somehow pays off later and that it's not only the soul points...

Seems like we're taking a similar route by the way. I also did Takarigua, then Antigua and then I wanted to head for Kila but since you're only supposed to deliver a simple letter from Grace to Wilson on Calador, I decided to head there first to drop off the letter... and naturally got sidetracked doing lots of other stuff and quests for the demon hunters and Eldric (who somehow is at least 40 years younger than before and at least in the German version has a MUCH worse new voice actor, too).

By the way, Calador (IMHO) is way better than the known Takarigua and Antigua. It also seems to have a much smaller shadowland area than the former which is much welcome. I really hate those parts since as I said they just feel empty and grindy because there is almost zero exploration and just one wave of shadows after another. One of the worst cases of asset recycling that I have ever seen in a game and I just can't stand the bleak black&white visuals.

I am assuming the shadowlands are a part of each island where the shadows rule and there is a shadow lord. This is separate from that weird black and white vision you can activate right? I thought that was "astral vision" but it was never explained well at all (I didn't catch Bones one line about it). What is that for?

Yep. I also have a feeling that we'll need to defeat one Shadowlord per main island and close all of the Oblivion err... crystal portals ;) .

Dunno which hidden/parrot treasure you were after but you still need parrot spell to get a couple of runestones. If you think on the certain legendary item, then it's correct, you don't need to fly to get it. :).

Are you talking about...

"The Target" on Tacarigua? I can't seem to find it. I know it's supposed to be on a rooftop, but I've checked every rooftop in the port and it's not there.

I am assuming the shadowlands are a part of each island where the shadows rule and there is a shadow lord. This is separate from that weird black and white vision you can activate right? I thought that was "astral vision" but it was never explained well at all (I didn't catch Bones one line about it). What is that for?

I tried using that around the shadow gate and in the shadow areas - didn't see anything new or different. So, what am I missing? Am I supposed to get some quest done first? I've been to Antigua and Tacarigua so far... How does one destroy the oblivion/crystal gates? I don't recall being told this, which is frustrating - the quest log is very sparse. Perhaps you have to commit to a faction first?

Are you talking about…

"The Target" on Tacarigua? I can't seem to find it. I know it's supposed to be on a rooftop, but I've checked every rooftop in the port and it's not there.
Yup! That one.
Use liana in the back (or if you really must you can fly as a parrot).
It's inside the crack on the roof.
The roof of the main building! Where guvernor was in Risen 2, IIRC the name of the now guy there is now Sebastian.

Two hints since I'm now on Calador. Too many legendaries in the log promised there. ;)

1. Guys, do not cook fish! Hoard raw fish. Risen 3 = hoarders' paradise. :D
2. You don't need reposte, it sucks (I wish I didn't take it). Make sure to pick sword dancer skill ASAP, okay? Ignore everything else, I took too much time to improve lockipicking and I'll still have to return to all islands. I'm an idiot. Unless of course you're going into firearms…

I found out some things finally. Crystal vision is only useful after you join a faction. Then you get different astral vision skills that highlight loot, enemies, plants, switches, and other useful things. It is really neat actually. The game gets a lot more fun after you join a faction.

Thank you Joxer for that hint on the legendary!

I have to say I like the riposte skill, because it works on animals. If you are blocking to stop them from getting 4 hits on you, if you let up and time the block, you automatically score a hit and stop their chain. It also destroys anybody in a duel, but that wasn't hard anyway.

Another random addition, has anyone tried the wheel lock minigame for opening a temple? That is the hardest minigame I have played in a video game in a long time. I just spun the wheels for 5 minutes until it worked. Anyone has any hints on what to do to make that easy, I would appreciate it (I have only found one so far).

Last edited:
That puzzle was easy on me but since I didn't save the game there sorry, can't do the move this-that quickroute. :(

But I have more things to say.
A friend of mine told me how to, so I managed to kill Shadow Lord. The "solution" is practically rolling your arse off a la console crapgames Angry Joe.
And using only pistol. Make sure he focuses on unkillable Lydia… Um… Bones who if KOed will soon get up.
I actually never used pistol so I had like 150 bullets and you won't miss too many times.
But make sure you talk to Bones afterwards as he'll point you to another one. Heart, not Lord! And these hearts you bring to Kila… For some permabonus, ofc.

Another thing - make sure you become a monkey trainer!
On Kila or if available somewhere else. You get a monkey in your inventory - put him on quickslot. Now on Kila you have a quest where you need him (gnome) and also you can loot some trinkets under the ship.
However that monkey in Tacarigua will net you Sphere Thorn hilt in
town prison. A certain not important necklace you can loot with the monkey in the guard tower also on Tacarigua.

Kila… A most important thing. Play and win at least once knives minigame! Okay? :)
Yes, another legendary! Oculus. It's not the legendary item on that island, but this one is not come here and pickme, but you need to win a game to get it.

If it's not obvious yet, I plain adore the game! So far…

Last edited:
I tried using that around the shadow gate and in the shadow areas - didn't see anything new or different. So, what am I missing? Am I supposed to get some quest done first? I've been to Antigua and Tacarigua so far… How does one destroy the oblivion/crystal gates? I don't recall being told this, which is frustrating - the quest log is very sparse. Perhaps you have to commit to a faction first?

No faction needed. If you ask some NPCs about the Oblivion gates they will tell you like 'how the hell would I know, do I look like a mage?' so that's a clue to go search for a wizard. So when you go to…
Calador and visit Eldric at the citadel he'll teach you the spell that is needed to destroy the gates

No faction needed. If you ask some NPCs about the Oblivion gates they will tell you like 'how the hell would I know, do I look like a mage?' so that's a clue to go search for a wizard. So when you go to…

Ah, ok - thanks! I'll find the right NPC as soon as I've done a bit more on Tacarigua

I've found every legendary item except two so far: An unknown object (still just a ?) and a pair of blacksmith tongs or some such thing. Fairly certain the latter is bugged, or not present at all, as the hint points towards a target which is clearly incorrect.

The others were fairly straight forward, just use "mark on map" after reading the hint about them and you'll find them in no time. The key is to actually read every book you come across.

Edit: I figured out how to get the blacksmith pliers, so just one remaining. Still no idea what that is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom