Stygian - First Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The first update for Stygian features many fixes.

First update is NOW OUT - 1.0.3!

We have just released very first update for Stygian -1.0.3!

Greetings to you all!

It has been an incredibly wild ride, these four days... We have listened, analyzed and discussed a LOT. We have been humbled by your outstanding interest but also learned a lot of lessons and still do in the process. We are collecting tons of feedback provided by you, which is extremely helpful as it allows us to improve the game.

We'd like to announce that we have released our very first patch, which will solve some major issues such as resolution issues on Mac computers, companions not being able to craft, a common and nasty reload (R hotkey) bug and others. You will find the complete list of the fixes at the end of this message.

We will also be releasing another update tomorrow and have plans for more coming in the upcoming days. Including improving Spanish and Chinese localization!

We have started working on a 'save anywhere' feature which will be accompanied by the familiar autosave and story save slots. It will arrive in the future patches when we're done testing it.

We will work on speeding up the combat but some blockers that you have addressed are our top priority at the moment.

We know that some of you really enjoy the veil of mystery on some of the game's mechanics but for our other players we'll pretty soon have a game guide that teaches about some of our systems in depth.

One last thing, ladies and gentlemen: Stygian is a labor of love for us and it is priceless to see that you feel so strong about our game. Rest assured that we want you to live this experience as deep and as immersive as it could get, as it was the fundamental idea all along. Of course, during our testing process we have identified plenty of bugs and issues that we were able to solve before the release, but the game's complexity and the number of variables in place make it difficult for an indie team to process them all but we've also never had thousands of curious players reporting all of these to us before.

Now we do.

And we will work on them.

And we will do our bests to carry this game as close to your expectations as it can get.

Until we meet again in one of the forgotten alleys of our doomed Arkham.

Team Cultic

Changelog v1.0.3:

Changes:

• Credits video

Improvements:

• Improve inventory active handset sync after combat
  • Companions can also perform crafting now

Fixes:

• Fix combat logs that are appearing on Desktop.
  • MacOS Retina resolution issues
  • Fix dropdown does not read display resolutions in settings
  • Winston and Wilkins spawned in the attic even they are killed
  • Character Creator summary screen placeholder text removed
  • Chinese Look-At pop-up display time fixed
  • Fix tough characters' throwable issue
  • Fix dead enemies being looted after combat ends
  • Isidore's challenge UI must be inactivated if TheBankOfLunatics is active
  • Fix reload shortcut "R" not working / blocking the game
  • Sonia Greene Carter intro dialogue 2 token
  • Grimoire HP Cost Display Issue
  • Blood Circle wrong spell cost description (numeric)
  • If an equipped item is not present in inventory, causes soft lock after trading
  • Outsider Cutscene Issue In Old Eel Attic
EDIT:
For the people who can not venture forth with their starting companions (Werner for Aristocrat and Winston the hound for Explorer), we'll have another patch tomorrow that will solve the issue completely along with a good number of issues with the Chinese and Spanish localizations.
More information.

Oh, good, companion crafting. It was pointless for companions to have any skills other than combat skills, which was dumb. I can finally make some medicines.

That is quite a meaty first update. Looks like lots of things are getting addressed, which should help a lot by the time I get around to trying this one out.

I get the impression from the little I've read from the devs that they may have run out of money and made the wise decision to limit their game in length while preserving detail in what they put out. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another beefy patch or two of stuff that didn't quite make it, if the game sells well. Companion crafting smells like one of those.

That would have completely irked me, if I'd started playing on day one and then they made such a nice change for the companions. Once again, I'm reminded why I don't fire up games on day one.

I did also see quite a few reviews on GOG and Steam are complaining of bugs. Though this update has some fixes, I'm sure there are more to come. I definitely want to get this one but I think I'm better off waiting awhile.

Neither have I.

I have had combat freezes twice - once with the Outsider and another character. I just couldn't end their turn or do anything else. Super frustrating because it was quite a long combat...I don't see that mentioned in the bug list, but I have kept on playing anyway. I think I'm quite close to the end, and no real game breaking bugs thus far. I really love the Cthulhu lore and atmosphere - top notch (well, except for the occasional bad translations...yes, I find that quite immersion shattering ;)

So a 15 hour game? I take it everyone who has played it has finished it by now.

Is it that replayable? FTL and Civ like replayability or is it more like an RPG?

Back
Top Bottom