Godfall - Teaser Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that next-gen ARPG Godfall has a new teaser trailer.

Godfall is a third-person fantasy action RPG that focuses on melee combat. The game targets a Holiday 2020 release, and will be timed-exclusive on Epic Games Store. According to Gearbox, the game will come out on other stores twelve months after its EGS release.

[...]

More information.

Not sure what it is with trailers anymore. Is the modern day goal for a game trailer to ensure the viewer learns nothing about gameplay because if that's the goal they really REALLY nail it.

Not sure what it is with trailers anymore. Is the modern day goal for a game trailer to ensure the viewer learns nothing about gameplay because if that's the goal they really REALLY nail it.
I agree so far all I know is Gearbox is publishing the game by developer Counterplay Games, and it's coming to the Epic Games Store. It's also labeled a looter-slasher.

Oh, I don't know about that... This is clearly an economic armoury simulation game, where you get your forge up and running, craft armour to fulfill orders, source materials and cut deals to supply the noble god leaders. Right? ;)

Oh, I don't know about that… This is clearly an economic armoury simulation game, where you get your forge up and running, craft armour to fulfill orders, source materials and cut deals to supply the noble god leaders. Right? ;)

You’re right! How did I miss it? ;)

It's the nature of internet and social media. They can pump out 36 "trailers" with little to no real info within a couple weeks and feed them out across the world on various platforms. It's pointless to even watch things like this. I agree, it shows next to nothing about the game. It just plants the name of the product and an image of a playable Lion-Man character in people's heads. That's all it was intended to do.

I did advertising for 20 years and in the last 8-10 years, everything became watered down like this. When I started I'd work on self-standing advertisements that told a quick story of some kind. Not saying it was great art (it was not great art) but the things we did were tangible in a way. Then with the web, things became so scattered and broken into billions of pieces. You'd have a client, but 5 or more agencies would work on the same client, same product. One agency would create the overall idea (or it came from some other, older idea mostly) and then the agencies would work on these tiny pieces of… things, little fragments of things, from still banner ads to animated banners, promotional tie-ins, splash pages, social media shit, etc. The whole world of advertising changed so much in those 20 years. Not saying worse or better—just different.

And everything is so DIY now. Used to be you'd farm out photography, animation, supers, etc but so much shit is just done in-house by overworked assembly line "creative professionals" these days. It's one reason I left the business.

Back
Top Bottom