RPGWatch - About the Donations

I rarely log in to post anything, but I have been a lurker of this site for almost a decade.
Seeing it going on almost unchanged, free of ads and stuff no one asked for, year after year, is so… refreshing. Keep it going please.
Donated.

Wow, thanks for all the donations. We have now more than we need for this year :)
I've updated the donations page with the financial information and am working on getting the list of names updated, so that one is not correct yet.

Wow, thanks for all the donations. We have now more than we need for this year :)
I've updated the donations page with the financial information and am working on getting the list of names updated, so that one is not correct yet.
Yay

How much in 24 hours?
I am actually curious.

Unless you're not willing to say of course.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I've updated the list of accounts that I could match to a donation. Still a number of donations left that I could not match to accounts. If anybody feels they are missed on that list, please contact me.

It is no secret what has been donated, as we are listing the amounts :)
I have processed about 20 hours since midday yesterday and that totals to 1231 Euros. Minus the Paypal fees, that leaves 1159 Euros.

On the donation page we use the amount of money that was received after deduction of the Paypal fees.

RPGWatch just got my annual birthday donation. :) I can use my own credit card now and not my wife's paypal account. Great that you added that option.

Would rather throw some cash at RPGWatch than my freeloading high school friends. :biggrin:

So long since I've logged on rather than just lurking that I'm not even sure what email address was on my old account . . .

Are affiliate programmes another option for raising money? On a quick google looks like steam doesn't do one, GOG might by special request and Epic may only do for creators but e.g. amazon, gamestop etc do. If it's simple enough to set up and just add links to the bottom of articles that might be a route for raising money if enough of us choose to click through that way?

https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/nathaniell/blog/alternatives-to-a-steam-affiliate-program

https://www.nochgames.com/gaming-affiliate-programs/
I did my best to get rid of all trackers on RPGWatch, the income from the one or two we had in the past was so minimal that it wasn't worth it in my opinion. I even removed the Google analytics tracker.
Apparently not many people go an buy something after they have visited RPGWatch :)

So at the moment we should have no external trackers. Although we are tracking you on RPPWatch itself by means of a cookie, for statistics purposes.

I did my best to get rid of all trackers on RPGWatch, the income from the one or two we had in the past was so minimal that it wasn't worth it in my opinion. I even removed the Google analytics tracker.
Apparently not many people go an buy something after they have visited RPGWatch :)

So at the moment we should have no external trackers. Although we are tracking you on RPPWatch itself by means of a cookie, for statistics purposes.

Privacy Badger just shows two potential trackers on the news page: 'ajax.googleapis.com' and 'www.google.com'.

Now that the GOG banner appears to be gone... is there still a link to use when buying games there so that RPGWatch gets a commission?

I've updated the list of accounts that I could match to a donation. Still a number of donations left that I could not match to accounts. If anybody feels they are missed on that list, please contact me.

It is no secret what has been donated, as we are listing the amounts :)
I have processed about 20 hours since midday yesterday and that totals to 1231 Euros. Minus the Paypal fees, that leaves 1159 Euros.

On the donation page we use the amount of money that was received after deduction of the Paypal fees.

I'd like to PM you, but your Mailbox appears to be full.

Glad we are in the green! Though I noticed I was awarded the Original Sin Donor tag. Not that I don't wish I had donated to that now (hindsight)…
Fixed that.

Now that the GOG banner appears to be gone… is there still a link to use when buying games there so that RPGWatch gets a commission?
No, GOG canceled that program.

I'd like to PM you, but your Mailbox appears to be full.
That has been fixed.

Maybe it would be wise to make finance more official on the site. For example under "Expected releases" there is some space to add "FINANCE" banner so we can click and see how RPG goes with cash - updated, let`s say, every month or two. And as a little reminder. There are moments during the year when I can donate more ;) for example and it`s good to have such a reminder.

Well there is a link on every page already. I guess it is not that visible...

I wasn`t looking THAT much ;) tbh :) But I don`t have much time so I blizz through news section. For me - please make it more visible :) as Imho it should be obvious and clear

I just donated a small amount and am happy to do so...please ensure I get the donor thing on my handle. Thank you!

On the donation page it says -1100 euro + 19000 euro donations = 738 euro. Myrthos,
you had a nice vacation in Hawai I assume?

I will donate some when I get back home.

Back
Top Bottom