The Walking Dead !!

I'd personally like a "creeper" mod for L4DII that turns them all into shamblers, that'd be more my speed.

Probably my speed too.

It's sounding like it's too frantic twitchy shooter oriented for my tastes.

I'm w/ you Thaurin on the Dawn re-envisioning, that movie kicked ass. There was some good characters, and i loved the vehicle. Ive come to a begrudging acceptance of the track star zombies, i cannot just ignore possibly good films otherwise because of it. It does ramp up the tension more immediately, but it's just being lazy to use them. As we saw in end of The Walking Dead premiere, the shamblers can provide some pretty intense moments as well. All depends on the skill of the director.

Also, the track star zombies tend to be more generic. I like the themed zombies, like clowns, cops, boy scouts,etc. Who can forget the Hare Krishna zombie from the original Dawn of the Dead!

If you havent seen Tom Savini's 90's remake of Night of the Living Dead, i encourage you to check that one out.

I'm a little surprised at the love for the Dawn remake, I thought the original was superior in just about every way.

I did like the cast, especially Ving Rhames, but ….

the zombie baby was just too much. :roll:
:)

Last edited:
You'll notice that I referred to the new DotD as a "re-envisioning", because it's nothing like the original besides the fact that they hang out in a mall for a while. Theyre both good on their own merits.

I thought the pregnancy angle was one of the more creative and chilling zombie concepts to come to the screen in the re-envisioning. It's stuff like that which elevated the film above cheezy wannabe status to good zombie film, in my opinion.

The opening scenes simply made the movie for me.

From the moment the nurse (I think) escapes her turned husband through the bathroom window, speeds away in her car and has to dodge the car that drives into the exploding gas station on the freeway as the camera zooms out and the sheer *scale* of the invasion becomes evident... *that* is amazing stuff!! Amazing goosebumps moment and best 5 minutes of any movie I've ever seen. Of course it's just inspired on the original, but they did a great job of it.

As for the Night of the Dead remake, I'm not sure! I thought I had only seen the black-and-white original, but now that I think about it... I may have seen a colour version of it as well, a long time ago, although the story went a lot different I think.

I'll check it out as well!

I saw half of the pilot yesterday (i will see the rest today) and overall it looks very good and interesting , if they cut out the silly americanisms it will be much better , breaking into lolz in moments intended as dramatic kills all the tension .

if they cut out the silly americanisms it will be much better , breaking into lolz in moments intended as dramatic kills all the tension .

Could you be more specific? I don't recall any such moments in the first episode.

Also, wtf is an "americanism" supposed to be? Sounds like more ignorant anti-American crap talk.

Could you be more specific? I don't recall any such moments in the first episode.

Also, wtf is an "americanism" supposed to be? Sounds like more ignorant anti-American crap talk.

Agreed.

What "Americanism" is he talking about? I'm no fan of the politics there, but I did not see anything in the pilot that could even remotely considered Americanism(whatever the hell that is).

You had a guy wake up to hell on Earth, literally. Everything after that deals with coming to terms with the setting and finding his family.

Tragos, put down the Euro-bong. Not everything that is made in America or set in America is full of political BS.

why i would post anything anti-whatever in a series thread?

The guy in the first scene is devastated because his wife talked "cruel" to him , this makes him a pussy , then he goes out and kick criminal ass , hard pussy.
Negro boy calls the guy who have previously pwnd "sir" and he wants to pray before dinner?
Negro guy can not shoot his dead wife ?
Cop who shoot dead 2 guys shows sympathy for a rotten crawling corpse ?

The whole BSG crap of "decency comes before survival" thing is in the air .

why i would post anything anti-whatever in a series thread?

The guy in the first scene is devastated because his wife talked "cruel" to him , this makes him a pussy , then he goes out and kick criminal ass , hard pussy.
Negro boy calls the guy who have previously pwnd "sir" and he wants to pray before dinner?
Negro guy can not shoot his dead wife ?
Cop who shoot dead 2 guys shows sympathy for a rotten crawling corpse ?

The whole BSG crap of "decency comes before survival" thing is in the air .

Am I the only one trying to figure out what the hell you are talking about?

Don't read the graphic novel if this is how you look at things. I don't think you would like it. Too much depth in it for you.

Edit: I wouldn't watch the show either. It will only get worse for you from here on out.

Not that simple and if you stopped looking it at through "STUPID AMERICAN'S" glasses then you might realize that it was fundamental in establishing that the main character is coming to grips with what is happening. He killed off the first zombie he encountered. Out of compassion, yes, but also as a way to help him understand that it's going to be necessary to do so from now on. He's not good or bad, he's just trying to freaking understand what has happened and find his family, but if you want to see it as Americanism then go right ahead. No skin off my nose what you do.

Americanism……that is just too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Not that simple and if you stopped looking it at through "STUPID AMERICAN'S" glasses then you might realize that it was fundamental in establishing that the main character is coming to grips with what is happening. He killed off the first zombie he encountered. Out of compassion, yes, but also as a way to help him understand that it's going to be necessary to do so from now on. He's not good or bad, he's just trying to freaking understand what has happened and find his family, but if you want to see it as Americanism then go right ahead. No skin off my nose what you do.

Americanism……that is just too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

The kid reminded my of Willy Crusher btw lol.
I dont use any kind of glasses but some cultural elements are striking, you can go and compare the start of the film with "28 days later" which is full of typical Englishisms like "no mater what we never lose our style" and "people with hidden agendas never show that they have one", if you have watch it do you remember how long it took before they shoot girl's father?
Why you can not accept that your cultural elements are showing in films and look totally silly to other cultures far from yours?

*you are welcome for the laughs

Thanks again for the laughs again.

If the TV show sticks to the novel like I believe it's going to then you might be in for a surprise. I can't stand that American flag waving crap and can sorta understand your problem with the "praying" scene, but I know why the director put that in and it had nothing to do with god. If the novel was all about "We ARE GOOD. YOU BE BAD" I wouldn't have read past book one. It's not though. That's what I love about it.

The problem you had with the man who wouldn't shoot his wife is a foreshadow of things to come. It wasn't in the novel, but when I saw that scene I thought it was an excellent idea to establish a background for that character.

Not going to debate this since it's a waste of time. You'll either see or you won't.

Last edited:
I suppose it's possible. There's certainly major cultural differences between the average American sitcom and British sitcoms. I still haven't seen the show, so I can't comment. Somehow he just didn't really come off as anti-American to me (haven't seen him post similar stuff elsewhere before, so I could be wrong).

Back to THE WALKING DEAD! (enough with the Anti-American discussion. We have the P&R section for that kind of nonsense.)

They have a game called "Atlanta Run" on The Walking Dead's homepage:

Overview:

You need a lot of guts to stay alive come the zombie apocalypse — especially when you've been tasked with entering a Hot Zone to scavenge supplies. Have you got what it takes? Find out with the new 3D action-adventure game The Walking Dead: Atlanta Run, in which you'll take the role of Glenn — one of the survivors on the show. Your task? Collect the items on your shopping list (and any weapons you spot along the way) then escape. If you encounter any zombie-like walkers, sometimes running away will work; sometimes, it's better to put them down. One warning: Being bitten or scratched means certain death. Good luck!

I can't get it to run for some reason. Maybe you guys will have more luck. It's probably just a silly little flash game, but still would of liked to have played it :)

I just saw the first episode. I think it was one of the best zombie themed things I've ever seen. It wasn't just about the zombie apocalypse, or the fight for survival there was also the poignant human elements (the guy trying to force himself to shoot his wife).

I liked the zombies as well. I'm a zombie traditionalist and don't like the neo zombies that are really just living infected humans. These are honest to goodness walking, rotting dead. The effects and make up were excellent.

I hated that the poor horse got killed but they handled it quite well and didn't drag it out. But I would have preferred to see him go galloping away.

Just out of interest can anyone identify the tank? If I had to guess I'd say the French AMX-30, dressed up to look like an Abrams.

Or a Chieftan maybe?

I'm bummed about Horsie as well, was hoping he'd stick around a little longer!

I havent been able to play the flash game, for some reason it's not working on this end..

Back
Top Bottom