The Video Game Trivia Thread

Oh, never mind the avatar. They aren't always indicators of a person's RL gender. For example, Wendy is my first female avatar in years! :biggrin:

Hehe, okay... same genre, a few years earlier (or was it?): what was the name of the end boss in Rise of the Triad, and what did you have to do beat him in his first incarnation (human form)?
His name was El Oscuro. He started with a fixed amount of life energy, and when you hit him, the damage value of the hit was added to his energy supply. If he fired at you, the damage value of his shot was subtracted from his energy supply. As soon as Oscuro ran out of energy, he fled the level... so the only way to defeat him at this stage was to run from him, evading his shots.

Yeah, correct, Jaz! :thumbsup:

Good, then it's my turn: different genre this time.
From the 'Lands of Lore' series: what is Scotia's real* name, and where/at which occasion does the player hear it for the first time?
'Scotia' is just the evil sorceress' nom de guerre...

*scratch scratch*
Hmmm... okay...
From the 'Lands of Lore' series: what is Scotia's real* name, and where/at which occasion does the player hear it for the first time?
'Scotia' is just the evil sorceress' nom de guerre...
Scotia's real name is Margarithe Fiston. This can be learned in the Draracle's Museum in Lands of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny.

This one should be very easy: You all know Nintendo's plumber Mario. What is Mario's last name (and yes, it's canon... his last name was affirmed in a FAQ on one of Nintendo's official pages) ?

Well, the answer is either Brother, and his name is Mario Brother, or it's obviously Mario, since if there's 2 and they are the Mario brothers, like the Marx brothers, then their last name must be Mario!! Simple!!!! :biggrin:

What, an "either-or" reply?
Nevermind, your second guess was correct - Mario's last name is Mario! The Mario brothers are Mario Mario and Luigi Mario...

Your turn, Corwin! :glomp:

Hello...? Corwin...?
Yoohoo, Corwin, where's your question!!!

OK,an easy one. Name the mistress of the King Lysandus of Daggerfall!!

*Phew* I was afraid you might pick a game I hadn't played - chances were good for this happening! Luckily Daggerfall is a game I played, and played often :dance: : ... Medora.
I had to cheat to find her in Direnni Tower when I played DF for the last time two years ago - I got stuck in the water rooms and just didn't discover a way out...

Well, that didn't take long!! :)

So it's my turn again? Yippie :)!

Hmmmm.... I wrote down a collection of game trivia during a meeting last week... and left the sheet at work.

Which boss do you get to fight in Lands of Lore 3 AND the Command&Conquer: Tiberian Sun addon 'Firestorm'?

:biggrin:
You know... this contest isn't fair for those of us who have permanent long and short term memory loss... ;)

So far I have played and finished most of the games mentioned here, but my mind just won't serve up the answers... :S

And the sad part is, after reading the answers here, I won't remember them the next time somebody asks... ahhhh... senility.

This thread is a fun read for me though :)

Cabal ........ Damn too slow (Didn't see Icefire's answer) - of course I just realised both games were Westwood hence the swapping of names. I never really played LOL3 as number 2 put me off but I keep having this voice in my head saying give it a go. Bah I'll stick with replaying BG & BG2 for the time being

Yep, the AI named CABAL was a boss in both LoL3 and C&C. In hindsight, it gives a wholly new twist to the LoL enemies of part one - the Cabal warriors ;).
Your turn, Icefire!

@Kendrik: see, how different tastes can be :). BG and BG 2 are games I'd never touch again, broke off both roughly halfways through, while LoL3 is next on my list of replays...

OK. Let's get a little tougher.

What was the first PC game in history to come on 2 CD's?

Back
Top Bottom