Daggerdale - "Fighter" Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Atari let us know they've released a new D&D: Daggerdale trailer for the Fighter class. I'm going to link via Blue's Youtube channel and here's the blurb Atari sent over:
I wanted to share with you the second trailer for Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale: the first Dungeons & Dragons digital download game that brings episodic, “module” based adventure to console owners.
This trailer highlights the fighter and some of the great hack and slash” gameplay offered in Daggerdale.
Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale offers engaging “hack and slash” gameplay, bringing an accessible version of Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition to life. Action-packed RPG gameplay allows for solo and co-op play for up to four players. Gamers use intuitive pick-up-and-play combat combined with a wide assortment of weapons, feats and powers to defeat a wide range of deadly enemies. Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale boasts an array of stunning levels and exploration opportunities set in the richly detailed environments.
More information.

I wanted to share with you the second trailer for Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale: the first Dungeons & Dragons digital download game that brings episodic, “module” based adventure to console owners.

This trailer highlights the fighter and some of the great hack and slash” gameplay offered in Daggerdale.

Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale offers engaging “hack and slash” gameplay, bringing an accessible version of Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition to life. Action-packed RPG gameplay allows for solo and co-op play for up to four players. Gamers use intuitive pick-up-and-play combat combined with a wide assortment of weapons, feats and powers to defeat a wide range of deadly enemies. Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale boasts an array of stunning levels and exploration opportunities set in the richly detailed environments.

It could be PR talk, but I suspect this title is simply not for me.

I don't mind hack'n slash games, but this seems to be a console exclusive? I can't find any info on a PC release at least.

Edit: Perhaps they just consider it a given that it's going to be released on PCs, which is why they don't mention it. Still, a bit odd.

I certainly get this "vibe" from the game - telling me to stay clear.

I don't mind hack'n slash games, but this seems to be a console exclusive? I can't find any info on a PC release at least.

Edit: Perhaps they just consider it a given that it's going to be released on PCs, which is why they don't mention it. Still, a bit odd.

They're trying to emphasize D&D is coming to consoles, which is kind of silly since there was a Baldur's Gate game a lot like this on the PS2 and Xbox. In any case it has a PC logo at the bottom of the official site, so I would say it is confirmed.

Amazon in the US even has a boxed version up for pre-order.

I don't get excited about this type of gameplay, but even if I did, the ridiculous light trails, circles, flashes, etc. are a real turn off.

I really want this to be great but the simplifying for consoles tells different.

I'm honestly looking forward to see how exactly this remains a DnD game. Because even 4th edition is rather complicated and I'd really like to see how they have implemented the rules.

I'm honestly looking forward to see how exactly this remains a DnD game. Because even 4th edition is rather complicated and I'd really like to see how they have implemented the rules.

Doesn't sound like there will be rules sounds like action combat with a few feats in dnd world. At least they're being up front about the combat they mention its action based 3 times in 1 paragraph. I'll keep an eye on it I enjoyed bg dark alliance. I don't mind these games when they're up front about it. I don't like when the promise a hardcore rpg then deliver an action rpg.

The online 4 player co-op combined with low price tag makes this a likely purchase for me and some folks I know. Then again, I still play Shadow over Mystara and Tower of Doom occasionally in MAME, so I obviously see no real problem with action games with D&D paint all over them. I really just hope it's a fun action game. :)

They aren't promising a hardcore RPG, they're promising a D&D themed action game with online co-op. They've also claimed about 10 hours of gameplay. It's going to cost $15 (probably). If it does well, it's the start of a series of similar length 'modules'. If the gameplay is as good as the videos imply, then hooray for all this.

The online 4 player co-op combined with low price tag makes this a likely purchase for me and some folks I know. Then again, I still play Shadow over Mystara and Tower of Doom occasionally in MAME, so I obviously see no real problem with action games with D&D paint all over them. I really just hope it's a fun action game. :)

They aren't promising a hardcore RPG, they're promising a D&D themed action game with online co-op. They've also claimed about 10 hours of gameplay. It's going to cost $15 (probably). If it does well, it's the start of a series of similar length 'modules'. If the gameplay is as good as the videos imply, then hooray for all this.

there are three vid/parts of Daggerdale gameplay on you tube. Search "D+D Daggerdale pt 1".

It actually looks ok to me, but it maybe a little too fast. looks like roaches running around…

I hope to see someday a serious, tactical D&D game, something like a modern version of the Temple of Elemental Evil would be perfect!

Because even 4th edition is rather complicated and I'd really like to see how they have implemented the rules.

Leaving most of them out ? :lol:

I've watched those videos, I know how to use internet!! Gosh. You can't tell for certain how a game plays based on watching videos. :p

there are three vid/parts of Daggerdale gameplay on you tube. Search "D+D Daggerdale pt 1".

It actually looks ok to me, but it maybe a little too fast. looks like roaches running around…

I hope to see someday a serious, tactical D&D game, something like a modern version of the Temple of Elemental Evil would be perfect!

Probably won't happen. At some point a game being a game became a bad thing. It needs to be a visceral, action, immersive, cinematic experience. Can't be bothered with stats, races, skills, feats, strategy or taking turns.

Yes , I too long for a good crpg video GAME!

Back
Top Bottom