Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Launch Day

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Knights of the Chalice II Kickstarter will soon be launching.

Dear RPG lovers, developers, influencers, video game news providers and close friends,

I hope you've been sharpening your swords and memorising your spells! :D

The Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter fundraising campaign will be launched in less than 72 hours, so I'm sending you an email just to keep you updated. The campaign will be launched on Tuesday 26 May 2020 at 7 am US Central time (2 pm Paris / Berlin time).

Here is the link to the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs. The first adventure, Augury of Chaos, and the module and campaign editor for Windows and Mac OS will be released to backers as soon as the campaign ends.

Yesterday, I uploaded the new version of the Kickstarter Stretch Goals image, featuring nine highly-unconventional recruitable companions. If you've always dreamt of adventuring in the company of an intelligent Gelatinous Cube, rejoice! Your dream will finally come true!

Knights of the Chalice 2 is a party-based epic computer role-playing game with turn-based combat. KotC 2 is inspired by Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Temple of Elemental Evil and Planescape: Torment. Just like KotC 1, KotC 2 uses the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5.

The Kickstarter campaign will support the creation of at least three new KotC 2 adventure modules: The Dark Arena, Forces of Chaos and Heart of Evil. The campaign will also be used to improve the game's graphics and facilitate the addition of new character classes and other features.

In KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, your Heroic Party confronts a group of Evil Fanatics allied with various Demons and Fiendish Dragons. Blast your enemies with more than 700 spells, bull-rush them into spike pits, trick them with your superior guile, or crush them with your enchanted greatsword! See them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women, as your valiant party progresses all the way from level 1 to level 21.

Following the Kickstarter, the game is planned to be released on the developer's website, http://www.heroicfantasygames.com, and on Steam / GOG after a relatively short period of time dedicated to the improvement of the game. A Reddit Ask Me Anything session is planned at r/Games on 11 June from 8 am Central time (3 pm Paris time).

I'm counting on you to spread the word so that we can give the campaign the best possible start it can have. Feel free to share this message with your friends and social networks! :)

If you would like to post an image or the launch text on your social networks, please feel free to download the latest version of the KotC 2 Kickstarter promo pack.

Thank you so much everyone for supporting this project that I am so passionate about!

PS 1. I would like to give special thanks to Tactical Adventures, the developer of SRD 5.1 CRPG Solasta: Crown of the Magister, for the kind help and support provided to the Kickstarter. You can check out the game at https://www.solasta-game.com/

PS 2. I also would like to give special thanks to 6 Eyes Studio, the developer of Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, for their kind support. You can check out their website at https://www.fellseal.com/ and their Steam page at https://store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/?curator_clanid=35047933

PS 3. I also would like to give special thanks to Iron Tower Studio, the developer of The Age of Decadence, Dungeon Rats and Colony Ship. You can check out their website at http://irontowerstudio.com/

KotC 2 Features:

• Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the old Dark Sun Shattered Lands game made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available. Out of combat, move the party with a single click or by keeping the mouse button pushed. Also see the KotC 1 How to Play webpage for more information.
  • A well-developed emergent Artificial Intelligence. Enemies act as a group and support each other. They can use special actions like Grapple, Trip, Ready Versus Spell or Swallow Whole and tactics like taking a Five-Foot step before casting Maximised Fireball. They might use a Wind spell to dissipate the player's Acid Fog or Incendiary Cloud.
  • Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers and so on.
  • More than 700 Spells and Psionic Powers (see the list of Wizard spells). The game also features 22 Classes, 10 Races, 36 Subraces, 478 Feats, 41 Cleric Domains, 71 Weapon enchantments and 51 Armour and Shield enchantments. Click here for more information about the Classes, Feats and other topics.
  • With the right materials and sufficient gold and experience points, craft your own weapons and armour and apply enchantments like Vorpal, Life Stealing, Wounding, Swift, Dispelling or Flaming Burst (see the complete list).
  • Multiple-choice dialogue options offering real choices and real in-game consequences to the player. Use your party's unique skills and consider your own preferences and playing style in order to resolve situations in the most suitable manner.
  • Enjoy a variety of engrossing puzzles and riddles. Use your intuition and logical thinking to decrypt mysterious coded messages. The game's cryptography interface, inspired by Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, makes decoding a captivating activity. Do not worry about the difficulty of puzzles and riddles though, as the game frequently provides Hints designed to help you resolve this type of challenge.
  • KotC 2 Augury of Chaos allows you to create your level-1 characters and take them all the way to level 21 or so. There is no limit on character level.
  • Use the powerful integrated toolset to create new modules and campaigns easily. Easily swap monster tokens and sprites or create new ones. Create new monsters, new dialogues and new maps easily. The best adventure modules may also generate an income stream for you.
  • Enjoy fast Saved-Game loading and saving and various game options designed to accelerate gameplay. Enjoy various convenience features, such as the Saved-Game preview image display, Tab key press to highlight objects that may be interacted with, or the Inventory Screen highlighting of spell scrolls that may be learned by a character.
Cheers! Best regards everyone!
More information.

It is now live :) just backed it.

I guess I'm a little late to suggest that but since KoTC send quite popular on the Watch it would have been nice to organise something.

Backed! Looking forward to this.

Just backed and it has made a nice little chunk of $$ at the very beginning. If the tools are not to hard to use, I will try and make a module for KotC II.

Just backed and it has made a nice little chunk of $$ at the very beginning. If the tools are not to hard to use, I will try and make a module for KotC II.

Yeah? Do you have any ideas right now that you'd like to share?

Well I would make a classic like Keep on the Borderlands or something. Or use an older module for inspiration.

Well I would make a classic like Keep on the Borderlands or something. Or use an older module for inspiration.

Sounds great! I'm hoping the toolkit will be easy to use and we see some good fan made additions like this. If you do it Hastar, I'll play it :)

Backed....a little expensive for all the levels with the extra games....so just at the paladin level...

Cool - I was late to the first game, excited for this one!

backed - I tried the KotC1 demo, but was really put off by the retro look (Yes, I think that was probably a bit a bad excuse :eek:) , this looks great and having watched the vid I appreciate the work that was put in to refining things, and supporting so much of OGL 3.5. Bit confused why the delivery date in KS shows Jan 2022? Sounds quite far away.?

backed - I tried the KotC1 demo, but was really put off by the retro look (Yes, I think that was probably a bit a bad excuse :eek:) , this looks great and having watched the vid I appreciate the work that was put in to refining things, and supporting so much of OGL 3.5. Bit confused why the delivery date in KS shows Jan 2022? Sounds quite far away.?

You get the main game right away....the other ones will come later.

Thank you everyone for the great support!! :)
If the tools are not to hard to use, I will try and make a module for KotC II.
Yup, creating a new adventure is a real blast with the toolset. I'm looking forward to very cool player-made adventures! :)
You get the main game right away….the other ones will come later.
Exactly. You'll get the game and editor right away.

I love the KotC 2 KS banner at the top of RPG Watch! Super awesome, thanks!!

Still not convinced as I wasn't a fan of Knights of the Chalice.:(

Wont sugar coat it I rather play NWN 1&2. Sorry hope you get funded. Though later on if better game modules and graphics are made with the editor, I might change my mind.

Over $10,000 of the $18,000 goal. Great start and you deserve the success. Now you can eat more than nuts and berries. ;)

Although the graphics wouldn't have been my first pick of choice, I keep in mind that's also what I thought when I saw videos and screenshots of Battle Brothers...and to be honest I love it now.

For certain type of games/graphics when you don't play it directly and just see videos it doesn't always convey well what you'd experience first hand.

I can't wait to get my hands on it to see for myself anyway. I'd advocate to try and pledge at least at the basic levels if you usually enjoy that type of game, besides if enough people back it the graphics will also improve as they are part of stretch goals :).

I wish you all luck and success, @BlueSalamander;!!

A quick question: doesn't the Champion-tier include a Steam game key?

Last edited:
Looks like we might get enough before end of day, way to go Blue salamander!

Harpoons ready!?

I really hope you catch some of those 5000$ pledges that are making us wait an extra month. :p

Only I'm not THAT naive! Kickstarter's been going for a year now, right? Longest kickstarter ever using a preview loophole! Clever!

But, I think, while you will have some KOTC fans, like me, the bigger licences, like Pathfinder, will have far more fanboys willing to throw money at you. Does seem like wishful thinking, somewhat, that someone will pledge 8000 pounds for a 2D indie game without animations?

Still, you gotta be in it to win it! Good luck!! Cannot wait to play!!!

Thank you very much everyone!! It's not far from being funded. :)
doesn't the Champion-tier include a Steam game key?
It doesn't but you get a direct download from my website. Cheers! :)

Back
Top Bottom