Owlcat Games - Guess Our Next Game Competition

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Owlcat Games will soon announce their next game and have organised a competition on Facebook to make it more interesting.

It is time to announce something. You were waiting for it for a long, long time and, now, we can say that it is coming! The announcement of our next game! Yes, this is an announcement for an announcement! And it will be really soon. So, in order to help you guess the theme of our next game we've come up with a "Grail Hunting". The rules are simple - there will be posts with #grail_hunting, which you have to share, like or comment. If you are active enough and reach the necessary amount of reactions - you will uncover one (or more!) piece of the picture. And, of course, no one is stopping you from guessing what is coming up in the comments! Good luck, Pathfinders!

Thanks purpleblob!

More information.

If it isn't another Pathfinder game I'll be really upset.

But seriously... why wouldn't they do a sequel? They have all the tools and rules (if they retain 1e) ready, would just have to create more content and pimp their engine and gameplay a bit.

But seriously… why wouldn't they do a sequel? They have all the tools and rules (if they retain 1e) ready, would just have to create more content and pimp their engine and gameplay a bit.
100% it is at least in pathfinder universe, they even call their readers Pathfinders.

What we should be worried about if this is some HoMM clone instead of RPG.
1. They are Russians and Russians love their HoMM clones
2. This is a puzzle similar to those found in HoMM

Last edited:
100% is it at least in pathfinder universe, they even call their readers Pathfinders.

What we should be worried about if this is some HoMM clone instead of RPG.
1. They are Russians and Russians love their HoMM clones
2. This is a puzzle similar to those found in HoMM
You're scaring me.

Never played HoMM series but I hope their next game will be similar to Kingmaker/BG.

Probably just a new campaign from the Pathfinder universe.
Since I'm somewhat of a stalker on pathfinder kingmaker reddit, people are thinking it's new campaign based on the existing one called Ironfang Invasion or Wrath of the Righteous.

Also devs from owlcat said that they were playing new campaign module in Pathfinder universe for last couple of months.

Another point would be that they already have a lot of assets and mechanics they can use for their next Pathfinder game which would make sense. Less bugs on the release hopefully.

I would be more than happy to see another Pathfinder game with the current engine and set-up. Hopefully with all the current races, including the added Tieflings, but prefer something new (i.e. the past game was nicely wrapped up and no real loose ends - let that story rest).

I wonder if they will stay away from any SIM like aspects, i.e. the Kingdom? Although once I figured out how to manage my kingdom, and with the various difficulty levels, I loved it. Was fun to manage once I had it down and enjoyed that added dimension.

Not sure I would want to do another and since Kingmaker was somewhat the name of the first one my guess is there won't be.

I would not mind having a class specific player base to set up and manage though. I have always enjoyed those a lot. Doing your own Kingdom was like the extreme end of that, while having a little home would be the other side.

Be nice to have some like in BG2 which I liked, maybe a tad more elaborate. Also lots of companions, factions, relationships, romances, and keep it somewhat open ended in who your character is like in the first game.

They already said that they consider added mechanics (like managing your Kingdom) important part of making their RPG stand out in the crowd.

Their next RPG will surely also have something in addition to standard adventuring day stuff.
Personally I love that kind of stuff in my RPGs. I loved it in NWN2 OC, I even loved the merchant company management in NWN2 expansion SoZ.

HoMM 3 is one of the greatest games of all time. I would give them big $$ for their kickstarter, if they were making a new HoMM type game.

A new Kingmaker would be sweet also. For me, I would be happy with either game.

Today's RPGWatch news: A new Might and Magic game and maybe a new HoMM game. I've died and gone to Valhalla.

But seriously… why wouldn't they do a sequel? They have all the tools and rules (if they retain 1e) ready, would just have to create more content and pimp their engine and gameplay a bit.

The Kingmaker adventure path doesn't have a sequel. ;)

They started to play a new Pathfinder adventure path back in January. I'm sure the new game will be based on it.

Unfortunately, they want something similar to the (not really liked) kingdom management feature from Kingmaker (exclusive to that adventure path) which means they are probably playing Skulls & Shackles…I hope everyone enjoy managing a ship armada and boarding ships.

edit: Could be Hell's Rebel, which is about leading a rebellion against a demon worshiping tyrant.

I personally think they would have more success with a more classical adventure path without any extra management features.

Last edited:
I started playing Pillars of Eternity 2 (isometric) by Obsidian and have been quite impressed with its party systems, naval setting, quality and cinematic features. It is distracting me from Pathfinder : Kingmaker. I hope OwlCats next game shows a comparable development.

This is very good news. I hope it's in advanced development stage, I hate when any company announces anything I'm interested on and that's still more than 12-18 months away. Way to pointlessly hype people.

The picture looks to me like medieval european ... like I know it from TDE ...

Hmm…the HoMM thing sounded far fetched…but they are using the hashtag grail hunting. And turning over puzzle pieces to find the map to the hidden grail was a big part of HoMM.

The Kingmaker adventure path doesn't have a sequel. ;)
Yep, I know. (We're currently playing Pathfinder P&P.) I meant sequel in a way that it should be another Pathfinder game with the same core mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom