Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Linux

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Mac

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
My latest scheme is gaming on Windows 10 on Linux. You can now setup VMs that pass hardware through directly, without virtualization. You get close to the same performance you'd see if it weren't in a VM at all. Bit tricky to set up though.

It's a pretty nice option, as I need Windows for gaming and occasionally for some pro tools, but otherwise have no interest in Microsoft's OS-as-a-service.

Steam link (guess that's linux). The experience is so fluid that I almost forget that it does not the run games itself. One time I almost threw it (and the steam controller) in the trunk when I was going away for a long weekend, forgetting that it was useless without the pc hidden away upstairs.

The pc is running windows 8. I would be happy to upgrade to windows 10 if it was free. I forgot to upgrade when it was free for a while.

I play in Windows 10 and PS4 about equally, but I put Playstation because I play more games in my PS4.

Primary gaming rig is the following:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K
MB: Asus Sabertooth Z87 (BIOS 2302)
RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3
GPU: Asus Nividia Geforce STRIX GTX-1070 8GB

And I use a Sony DS4 Bluetooth controller with DS4forWindows software which perfectly emulates an Xbox One/360 controller for the huge number of PC games that require a gamepad for the optimum playing experience. The Xbox One controller is a heavy, clunky mess compared to the DS4 controller. The 360 controller with the improved D-pad felt a little better. My system is now considered a mid-level gaming system but it allows me to play anything I want with perhaps the more demanding games forcing me to turn off or lower some eye candy, ie Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

My secondary gaming toy is an old PS3 which I bought off eBay for $40 plus 10 or so games I bought on eBay too.

Primary gaming rig is the following:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K
MB: Asus Sabertooth Z87 (BIOS 2302)
RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3
GPU: Asus Nividia Geforce STRIX GTX-1070 8GB

And I use a Sony DS4 Bluetooth controller with DS4forWindows software which perfectly emulates an Xbox One/360 controller for the huge number of PC games that require a gamepad for the optimum playing experience. The Xbox One controller is a heavy, clunky mess compared to the DS4 controller. The 360 controller with the improved D-pad felt a little better. My system is now considered a mid-level gaming system but it allows me to play anything I want with perhaps the more demanding games forcing me to turn off or lower some eye candy, ie Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

My secondary gaming toy is an old PS3 which I bought off eBay for $40 plus 10 or so games I bought on eBay too.

Battlestations

Ooops. Yeah, just realized it's only the OS the OP wanted to poll. I wish I could magically teleport my post above to the Battlestations topic but I can't so I won't. I just wanted to add one more thing though: I do almost all my gaming on my big screen TV these days connected via HDMI cable to my PC and left behind my old 120 Hz 23" Asus gaming monitor because I started to develop that tragic madness that gamers develop where they can't deal with anything less than 120 FPS framerates. My cheap Vizio 43" television is only 60 Hz but 60 FPS for gaming is good enough for me these days, especially in combination with a decent 5.1 surround sound system I have set up. Also, a good gamepad/controller is a MUST for this type of gaming.

Ooops. Yeah, just realized it's only the OS the OP wanted to poll.

Nah, I just mean post some pictures there. I think it's neat to see other peoples setups.

Win 10, PS4, Xbox and iOS.

I'd say 95% on PC, 4% on consoles and 1% on iOS devices if I had to take a guess :)

That said, I use a wide variety of emulators and virtual OS setups on occasion. So, there's really no platform excluded.

I never use Linux (or any other Unix), though - as I've never had a reason to do so, except back when I was geeky enough to experiment with operating systems just for kicks.

Win 7 for me, customized to look like Windows 98. ;) I like it classic and dry, without too many fancy colors.

If this system dies on me I'll probably switch to a dual boot Ubuntu/Win10 system, though.

Windows 10, PS4, PS2, Xbox360, big ass first Xbox, Megadrive (simply the best), Snes, Saturn, Dreamcast, Amiga500+ (also simply the best), and I also would love to add my good old Amstrad CPC464 to that list but it died of old age recently (RIP brother).

My hiddout look like the AVGN basement, except that I'm happy.

Win 10 Home. My last PC was Win 7 which is now my wife's PC.

I do have a PS3 collecting dust beneath the TV and a 3DS and PSP also collecting dust (which I do play on the rare occasion in which I travel or in the event of a power failure). Also have an Android tablet with a few games on it. But I would say 99.9% of my gaming is on the PC.

Seems to be very few console exclusive games that are of any interest to me these days. I've heard Octopath Traveler is good, but not going to buy a Switch for one game.

Windows 7. Avoiding win 10 like the plague. So i’ll learn to handle linux when win 7 stops, using win 10 just to play games.

Windows laptop, same thing I program on. I am usually really slow to upgrade Windows, only doing it when I get a new PC, but I am now on Windows 10.

I would like to recommend a particular brand of laptop, though: MSI. I have bought 2 of their laptops. I used the first one from 2012 to 2017, and then I bought a new one in 2017. They're affordable and they come with a free 2 year accident warranty that has saved me twice now (once for the old one, and very recently for my new one). I will also say that while my new laptop has been away, I went and dug up my 2012 laptop and discovered that it still works fine, despite me severely cracking and damaging the frame in 2017 due to my great coordination and common sense.

This is an interesting poll,because I play a lot on xbox and the pc,so I voted for xbox because I play that slightly more than pc....but gaming is good in this time and age on any platform!!

I did it! I defeated Raime the fucking Fume Knight. Solo, naked and with no shield.
I'm usually a pretty good Dark Souls player but this guy really gave me a hard time.
I'm under the impression there's not many DS fans over here, but those who are will understand.

I was in the zone, I'm still shaking from the adrenaline rush and now I have a genuine adrenaline headache.
It was an awesome fight, not as fun as the duel against Artorias the Abysswalker in DS1, but as much tense and way more difficult (for me).
Took more than 40 try and he and I became intimate, like real duellists.

There's not many games that gives you that feeling of overcoming yourself, and tonight, at this precise moment, I'm fucking awesome!:cool:

I did it! I defeated Raime the fucking Fume Knight. Solo, naked and with no shield.
I'm usually a pretty good Dark Souls player but this guy really gave me a hard time.
I'm under the impression there's not many DS fans over here, but those who are will understand.

I was in the zone, I'm still shaking from the adrenaline rush and now I have a genuine adrenaline headache.
It was an awesome fight, not as fun as the duel against Artorias the Abysswalker in DS1, but as much tense and way more difficult (for me).
Took more than 40 try and he and I became intimate, like real duellists.

There's not many games that gives you that feeling of overcoming yourself, and tonight, at this precise moment, I'm fucking awesome!:cool:

You must really be overcome. This is the what do you game on thread.:lol:

Anyway, nice job. I remember that fight well.

I game on windows 10 btw.

You must really be overcome. This is the what do you game on thread.:lol:

Anyway, nice job. I remember that fight well.

I game on windows 10 btw.
Shit, you're right. Wrong thread. :S

And thanks.:)

These days it´s almost exclusivly Linux, so many of the rpg:s that I´m interested in are already native on that system (PoE 1&2, The Beamdog titles, the shadowrun titles and many others) although I do have a gaming computer with win10 as well, it´s rarely used.

If "steamplay" turns out to be a success, it may be that I´ll eventually delete windows for good.

PC, always PC with the latest version of Windows 10.

Tried to play some games on a PS3 but it was never that good for me.

Back
Top Bottom