Octopath Traveler - PC Release: June 7

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The PC version of Octopath Traveler will be available on Steam on June 7:

OCTOPATH TRAVELER - available on Steam June 7, 2019

Here's one to add to you Wishlist right away - OCTOPATH TRAVELER is coming to Steam on June 7, 2019.

Originally released in 2018, this new release is the first time that the critically-acclaimed JRPG has been available outside of the Nintendo Switch. You can see it in action in the trailer:

What is OCTOPATH TRAVELER?

OCTOPATH TRAVELER is an epic RPG, set in the world of Osterra. You'll control 8 unique heroes - each with their own special skills and compelling stories. The cast includes:Olberic: a legendary knight seeking redemption for past failures

• Cyrus: an intelligent scholar who struggles with the mysteries of the heart
  • Tressa: a passionate merchant who always has an eye for a good trade
  • Ophelia: a pure-hearted cleric on a pilgrimage around the world
  • Primrose: an orphaned noble who will let nothing stand between her and revenge
  • Alfyn: an apothecary who wants to help and heal above all else
  • Therion: a skilled thief who can get into any treasure room
  • H'annit: a professional hunter, who searches for her missing master
It's possible to start the game with any of these characters, and build your party in any order you wish. Every character has a unique story, combat skills and 'Path Actions' - abilities they use outside of combat.

[...]
More information.

Good it's been confirmed cant wait for more games as a sequel is in development. Only downside is the new game is made for mobile devices so that a big bummer.

Mobile devices? Looks like it's made for my flip phone!

I think my friend that played this for the Switch said it's turn-based, so I'll likely be picking it up sometime this summer. That quirky name isn't one that I will easily forget!!!

Mobile devices? Looks like it's made for my flip phone!
Yep a prequel for mobile devices and a new console sequel.

Link - https://gamerant.com/octopath-traveler-sequel-prequel/
Octopath Traveler was one of the biggest surprise hits of 2018, setting itself up to be one of the best titles on the Nintendo Switch so far. Now it seems that a couple new games in the series are on their way. The official Octopath Traveler channel confirmed that two new titles are in development, one for console and one for mobile. While the developers noted that development of the console game will take a bit more time, fans may be able to get their hands on the mobile game, Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent, fairly soon.

Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent will be a free-to-play single-player RPG. It will take place in Osterra, the same land as Octopath Traveler. The game will take place a few years before the events of the hit Switch RPG, and will hopefully give a little more background and worldbuilding that will make fans enjoy Octopath Traveler even more. Champions of the Continent will feature the familiar HD-2D art style and 8-player combat that fans have come to expect from Octopath Traveler. At the time of writing, Champions of the Continent has only been confirmed for a Japanese release in 2019, with a Western release likely coming shortly thereafter.

Have the original game on Switch. I liked visuals and initial tone of the game very much. But over time it became very grindy and repetitive. And I lost interest over time. Someone might mention repetition and grinding are traditional parts of JRPG. But I played quite few JRPGs and enjoyed them, so that shouldnt be source of the problem here. Maybe I brought it on myself by changing my party setup too often and needed to train them more as consequence. Will give it one more shoot soon.

People are probably enjoying their BDSM sessions with such junk games? It got Shick & Fashionable to play bad games and suffer / endure boredom braindeath?

Have the original game on Switch. I liked visuals and initial tone of the game very much. But over time it became very grindy and repetitive.

Thanks for this input - was about to buy it on the release day, instead will wait for some mod that "fixes" it before buying.

I don't mind a little grind, and in most jrpg's it turns out not to be completely necessary if you are paying attention. I'll still likely check this one out, if nothing else simply to support the computer version.

What is so appealing about a pudgy little toddler piddling around killing 5 story tall monsters and collecting golden tokens?

The game is not grindy at all.

If you keep the same characters in your party for most of the time, their level will be high enough so grind is not needed.

Awesome game, by the way. Must buy for any JRPG fan.

I have finished all 8 stories and am glad I purchased it at launch. The hype and rave reviews do it justice. This is the herald of a modern JRPG renaissance.

The game is not grindy at all.

If you keep the same characters in your party for most of the time, their level will be high enough so grind is not needed.

Awesome game, by the way. Must buy for any JRPG fan.

I have finished all 8 stories and am glad I purchased it at launch. The hype and rave reviews do it justice. This is the herald of a modern JRPG renaissance.

Which is basically what I said. If you change the party setup too often it turns into grindfest. On the other hand, good to hear assurance this doesnt happen if you keep stable party setup. Will give it another try and hopefully it will be much more enjoyable if I stick to this rule.

Sounds really good to me, thanks for the feedback. The graphics matter little to me, as long as there's a story with decent combat mechanics, I'll likely enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom