|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Battletech

Default Battletech

June 6th, 2018, 12:05
I'm on the other side of the fence, I welcome the acquisition. Before HS had to struggle for every game they released, be it kickstarter or seeking investors. Now that shouldn't be an issue. I loved Battletech and hopefully there will be more to come.

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

June 6th, 2018, 17:00
Oh, I've not passed judgement either way, not as of yet. It is far too early to tell exactly what changes we'll see, but I suspect it won't take very long to notice as more products are released in the future.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

June 7th, 2018, 13:49
knowing paradox, the NEW paradox that have shareholders, and love dlc, this is a sad day

CRD

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

June 8th, 2018, 02:07
Paradox is bad news in regard to the whole "lets release DLC for 5 years instead of a new game" but it's good news in terms of production costs. BattleTech jumped up onto the best sellers list in my region then dropped right back off again very quickly. IMHO, this game deserved far better. Maybe Paradox can do something about that.
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
Check your download region is set correctly. (right click tray icon, settings, downloads…)
It is. I've tried changing it around anyway and it doesn't seem to make much difference.

In other news…
https://www.pcgamer.com/battletech-d…al-harassment/
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

June 9th, 2018, 12:51
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
In other news…
https://www.pcgamer.com/battletech-d…al-harassment/
The irony. After all that pro PC design in their game, the wolf was with them since the beginning.

CRD

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 9th, 2018, 16:19
Yeah, I read a couple of articles on this criminal a few days ago. Totally has me rethinking my love for the company, if the management had any knowledge about this conduct before he left. I suspect we'll be hearing more about this as people come forward and share what they know.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 10th, 2018, 23:28
So, it took me a while because I had started XCOM2 and I did not realise I had stopped just before the last mission. So I just finished the game now in the past 2 hours.

I think this is a really fun game. It is really just fun to blast mechs apart.
I just do not think I will be replaying it much unless they develop the side content more.

The sidequests got samey pretty quick to me, but all in all, still an amazing game, and I recommend it wholeheartedly if you enjoy turn-based combat.

I love all the customisation options on mechs and I found that I played very differently to a couple of YTers I watched for a bit. My Mechs were almost all glass cannons in comparison to those people although they could still take a bit of a beating, it was really more about positioning and using vigilance more often. I often could take down mechs pretty quickly.

Unfortunately that made the final mission way too easy. I had 2/3 mechs with massive autocannons and I killed Mechs like flies

Good night all.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio
+1:

June 12th, 2018, 06:04
Yeah, that message about "you'll need multiple lances" put the scare in me. I came in with a King Crab, a Highlander, a BattleMaster, and a Stalker full of LRMs. Nearly all their weapons were ++ with cockpit mods and gyros. It turned out to be a cake walk. I didn't even need to swap out mechs for the second battle. (On the plus side, though, it didn't take too much more to get the achievement for having every type of mech in my inventory. ;)

I enjoyed the side missions a lot. There were some repeated maps but, by the time they repeated, I had vastly different mechs so the play had changed a lot. There's not much chance of me playing it again until the developers put a lot of changes in but, after 130+ hours, I think I got my money's worth.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

June 12th, 2018, 09:55
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Yeah, that message about "you'll need multiple lances" put the scare in me. I came in with a King Crab, a Highlander, a BattleMaster, and a Stalker full of LRMs. Nearly all their weapons were ++ with cockpit mods and gyros. It turned out to be a cake walk. I didn't even need to swap out mechs for the second battle. (On the plus side, though, it didn't take too much more to get the achievement for having every type of mech in my inventory.

I enjoyed the side missions a lot. There were some repeated maps but, by the time they repeated, I had vastly different mechs so the play had changed a lot. There's not much chance of me playing it again until the developers put a lot of changes in but, after 130+ hours, I think I got my money's worth.
Well, you seem to have played quite a bit longer than I have.

According to steam my time played is 45 hours. Still think it's worth it.

I think the side missions were fun but it felt like there was no real reason to do them.

In xcom the reason is to stop the aliens getting stronger through their dark events.

Here it's simply a way of getting new mechs.
I would have like the side missions to still have some other benefits and downsides.

For example succeeding in some of them should have helped the future main missions maybe by having a mech join the fight. Failing maybe could have resulted in some sabotage resulting in one random weapon doing half damage or something like that.

I don't know really, just throwing ideas around but that's what I mean by samey too. It's not just the fights themselves but the aftermath thereof.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

June 12th, 2018, 10:13
The basic mechanics are a lot of fun but the actual missions and campaign could use a lot of work. I'm ok with the initial product but I would iike to see a real rpg'ish campaign developed as an add-on.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

June 12th, 2018, 13:15
So, there's a new mod which makes the game more sandboxy and adds a lot of gameplay elements if you still want to play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ubDlmQ_Yqs
https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/79

RogueTech

RogueTech has as goal to provide new challenges and a harsher simgame experience. You have to survive by all means, the enemy's will do their best to kill you and no one gives a rats ass about some merc dying

The timeline for this mod is at the start of 4th Succession and the War of 3039, when the the first technologies of the Helm Core appear around the sphere.

THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY, ENEMIES ARE DEADLIER AND THAT'S INTENTIONAL!

I mean, how fair would it be to just have the player have all these fancy toys?

Highlights

Big, RogueLike, Sandbox Experience
Rebalanced Sim and Combat game, to give you a harsher world.
More Mech's: From the pirate commando with infernos, to the Massive KingCrab-0001 with twin Gauss rifles, face off against all kinds of enemy's.
With the great houses scrambling for superiority and unlocking the secrets of Helm, new weapons arrive on the battlefield, but nothing is cheap.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

+1:

June 12th, 2018, 21:42
Just finished the video on youtube and all the additions are great.
Makes for much more varied combat and allows light mechs to be more useful than in vanilla.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

June 13th, 2018, 02:31
Looks very cool! My only worry is that the game is still pretty young so patches could mangle it. If that thing is still around in a year, though, it would make for an awesome second play-through.
--

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

June 13th, 2018, 03:39
Old people playing a video game that has mech toys.
There's a joke in there somewhere.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 13:20
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
Old people playing a video game that has mech toys.
There's a joke in there somewhere.
Isn't there a saying that goes like "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys"?

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Tags
fasa, harebrained, mechwarrior, paradox
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Battletech