Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - Full RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamesN Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (formerly known as Gwent) will now be a full RPG more than a card game.

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is the newly-revised title for Gwent’s single-player campaign, and the latest word from CD Projekt suggests that’s expanded into more of a full RPG than a card game. It will be a standalone release separate from Gwent, and will be a proper game purchase, though there’s no word yet on what the price will be.

[...]
More information.

Never found enough time to play Gwent mmo. Yes I know, it's not classic mmo with scams and stuff...

But for singleplayer games there is always time. I'm buying this.

The trailer does make me interested. I like revenge stories, and bad-ass women are also very cool. Want to see more.

The silly card game was never of interest to me, not even a little bit. However, if they really do put out a single player campaign, I'm pretty sure I'll give it a try.

This sounds promising. Although they didn't show anything worthy of this game yet.

Gwent was an ok side-game, but not something i'd be interested in playing full time.

I enjoyed playing Gwent and collecting the cards in TW3, but I have no desire to play an entire game based on it.

Hopefully it turns out to be good for those who like these kinds of games.

I'd like to try this out. I have never played any offline singleplayer collective cardfs game apart from a few demos (a demo of Magic The Gathering and even a Pokemon demo).

I enjoyed playing Gwent and collecting the cards in TW3, but I have no desire to play an entire game based on it.

Hopefully it turns out to be good for those who like these kinds of games.

There even was a mod for TW3 which turned all battles into Gwent games. A lot of people liked it. I guess this is what gave CPR the idea (and that it is kinda cheap to produce). I'm looking forward to it and will likely buy close to release, if there aren't micros.

Gwent has seen quite some development effort to turn it into a complete game, since the release of The Witcher 3. At the moment it has world-wide tournaments going on, with a ladder system and the last person standing is able to win a decent amount of money. But, that is the online version of Gwent. It is free to play, so it has in-game purchases to pay for it.
Last year at Gamescom they showed the off-line version of Gwent, named Gwent: Thronebreaker, which was supposed to be integrated with Gwent. These were my impressions at the time. I completely forgot about that game to be honest until now, with the decision to make it a stand-alone purchase, instead of being a part of a free-to-play game.

The full version of Gwent sucks. It was promising at first, but the developers ruined it by adding more RNG with every patch. I recommend most other card games over it.

I'm not usually into card games ( unless it involves room full of nurses and strip poker), but this sounds oddly interesting.

Not Thronebreaker but a video about a new Gwent expansion.

GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Homecoming Reveal Video

Back
Top Bottom