Fallout 4 Plot [Spoilers!]

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
So my protagonist now knows that his son is an adult, so the search for a child to be protected is over.

I don't know if I've missed anything but where's the motivation now for the protagonist to go on with the tasks given in the main plot?

I feel the same way. After that the story went weak for me. I'm having a hard time getting the motivation to finish the game. I'm sure I will tho one cold and wet weekend.

I suppose that depends on how you play sandbox games. There are still the faction quests and the need to decide the fate of the Commonwealth in general - will it be controlled by BOS? The Inst? The MM? or the RR?

But it isn't like a more linear game like W3, ME, or the DA games where you have a very specific story that threads from A to Z with a definitive conclusion.

The Shaun questline was meant to be part way through the game, I believe, as a break point. You follow the main quest then when you discover he is safe, as it were, it leaves you with a nice pause point to explore, level, craft, quest, etc. Then when ready you can pick your faction and follow it through to the end. But since the game lets you play after that there won't be any huge ending with a roll of the credits and game over sign.

Course if you don't like any of those things and were only playing for the story ... well Bethesda really doesn't make great story games like that. Better off with Bioware or CDK or the like with a more story focused and linear game.

Both styles are great IMO and I enjoy those stories as much as sandbox ones - the only exception being if the main character is too defined as in the case of the Witcher and why I never enjoyed those games.

Well, I think it's best if I compare it to Skyrim. It's a sandbox/exploration game as well and while the story wasn't great also, the protagonist still had a quite clear goal.
With having in mind that I can always go back to continue the plot I like doing side quests, exploring and stuff. That's what I'm missing here. A clear goal.

Back
Top Bottom