Pillars of Eternity II - Delayed to May 8th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire has been delayed until May 8th.

Greetings fans!

We know you're as excited as we are about the upcoming launch of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. As you have probably guessed, Deadfire is a huge game -- significantly larger than the original Pillars of Eternity. Obsidian has been working harder than Abydon himself to make sure every inch of it is awesome, as well as incorporating all the great feedback we have been getting from everyone playing the Backer Beta.

With this in mind, we are taking just a few extra weeks to polish and put those finishing touches on the game.

Our new launch date will be Tuesday, May 8, 2018. To tide you over until then, you can look forward to plenty of Deadfire-related news and content coming in the weeks and months.

See you all soon in the Deadfire!

Obsidian
More information.

IWOmRVT.jpg

Noo! Was very much looking forward to playing the game during my vacation period...

Hopefully that means we get a beta backer update 4 with the changes Josh talked about two weeks ago.

Because there was a lot of changes that affected a lots of things and it was starting to look likes they were going to put them "untested" in the release version.

Bah I still have to finish the first game. :sleep: So no problem with the delay.

Yeah take your time. I played some of the beta and submitted several bugs in Beta 1 or 2 that have gone unaddressed so if the most recent betas were current builds then they need to polish more. Rather have it stable then now.

The issues must be pretty serious then if they need to delay a couple months for fixes.

For anyone who’s played the beta; how is the combat compared to the first game? I’m a bit put off by how similar it looks, but it’s hard to tell without actually playing it.

Aw hell, sounds like the game won't be fully patched up and polished for a year or so anyway..will pick it up on a sale by then. :biggrin:

No drama at all by me. I don't have the obsessional "must play what is new" idea which appears to drive some players. It'll be done when it's done. I've got plenty of backlog action until then.

This would have been really annoying. However, since "NWN:EE" will be released on March 27:th (much sooner than expected), one more month of waiting for "PoE2" won't make much difference to me.

Well, crap. I'm currently playing PoE, preparing a save for this. The setback ruins my schedule completely. Sigh.

The issues must be pretty serious then if they need to delay a couple months for fixes.

couple months? The original release was April 3rd, the new one May 8th. That's a weeks.

Last edited:
This is actually a much better date for me anyways, just after final exams week and the end of the spring semester.

probably for the best, I started replaying PoE + white March and now feel burnt out. I've decided to stop, so an extra month may return my enthusiasm. I do hope it is not quite the same as PoE (with some small changes like Might actually being Might etc). Playing PoE I rediscovered how hard it is to see what the hell's happening in many combats with spells near blinding you

Back
Top Bottom