Anime against modern censorship

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Just started. A pretty long title:
SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist

It's 16 years since the "Law for Public Order and Morals in Healthy Child-Raising" banned coarse language in the country. When Tanukichi Okuma enrolls in the country's leading elite public morals school he is soon "invited" (see - blackmailed) into the Anti-Societal Organization (SOX) by its founder, Ayame Kajo. As a result Tanukichi is forced into taking part in obscene acts of terrorism against the talented student council president (AKA - the girl he has a major crush on).

Or shorter (quoted Kotaku):
In a world where coarse language is illegal, a high school boy is blackmailed into joining a terrorist organization that performs “obscene acts.”

Where to watch:
Australia only - https://www.animelab.com/shows/a-boring-world-where-the-concept-of-dirty-jokes-doesnt-exist
With subscription - http://www.funimation.com/shows/shimoneta/videos/official/whom-does-public-order-and-morality-serve

Whatever you might be thinking about this, just as Andrax comics I mentioned the other day in another thread, this obvious anticensorship protest is - not banned anywhere. Yet.
Dunno if it's any good or is just a garbage, but who cares.

An interesting concept to be sure, too much censorship is certainly a bad thing for many reasons. For example a funny thing is in Japan the home-land of all kinky sexy stuffs, they are having a serious problem with people having too little sex, their population might shrink by 30%.

Perhaps there is such a thing is overexposure having a reverse effect on humans?

If something is censored and not allowed, especially for young people sometimes it has the reverse effect on people I guess?

I always thought the Anime crap was an outlet for being repressed.

Then again, I don't claim to understand the Japanese standard of slavery being an honorable, and therefore good, thing.

If something is censored and not allowed, especially for young people sometimes it has the reverse effect on people I guess?
No children in Japan happens because of another reason.
They don't eat, they don't sleep, they don't rest - they work 24/7. They're married to their jobs and have no life.
On top of that they believe playstation is more fun than sex. Never tried PC. :)

Ahaha! Thanks for this one Joxer! Watched the first episode.
Pretty funny anime.

To add. It is probably making fun of today's society, where people try to be as "politically correct", and play the pure innocent game: where someone else is the rascal, but not me...and this obsession with censorship all over the globe.
In Japan specially, where they have to be extra polite, like it or not and people are pretty frustrated psychologically. Not truly free to express one's feelings.
That is why there are a lot of weird anime shows, so people while watching it blow of some steam. And that is why modern anime is targeted for the adults, mostly, so they don't go crazy (even more).

Anyway, It is bookmarked and will watch the whole show. :)

An interesting concept to be sure, too much censorship is certainly a bad thing for many reasons. For example a funny thing is in Japan the home-land of all kinky sexy stuffs, they are having a serious problem with people having too little sex, their population might shrink by 30%.

Perhaps there is such a thing is overexposure having a reverse effect on humans?

I think there is some truth to that.

Recently I went to lunch with some collages who came from India and only been in the UK for like 6 months. It was very hot outside and most of the girls were in hot pants or mini skirts. These guys turned into very honey badgers very quickly at the sight of these girls! To the rest of us it was normal every day occurrence during summer so we weren't turned on like they were! We were turned on a bit but not the same extent as those guys. ;) Anyway girls dressed like that is very rare in India so any more than usual amount of flesh is big turn on for these guys. So like you say, overexpose can have negative effects in the long run. :)

I tend to get turned on by beautiful half-naked girls no matter how many times I've seen them.

Hope it is alright if I share over here some of my favorite anime's, so if you like them have a go at em.
I like more serious anime's though.
"MONSTER" it is a must anime to watch, all who like psycho-trillers, this one delivers.
"Death Note" of course, maybe the most known, no introduction needed
"Psycho Pass" there are two seasons, great psycho-thriller-sci fi
"Terror In Resonance" one truly great psycho-triller anime, only 11 ep.

The more goofy ones I liked
"KILL LA KILL" no censorship there :)
"The Devil Is a Part-Timer!" it was funny to me

There are more, but will not bother you.

If SJW had their way (I think they will sooner or later), then most western shows will be sanitised and politically correct, hence boring as hell. So it may be that we have to turn to Anime full time to get politically incorrect shows and stuff!

Hope it is alright if I share over here some of my favorite anime's…
Actually a few of us already posted some of those in TV series thread, but since it's animation, those got burried fast. :)
Maybe we need a separate thread about that. Dunno.
If you open one I'll (re)add my share of "mustsee" titles.
If SJW had their way (I think they will sooner or later)…
SJW is just a pathetic group of trolls. The only proper way to deal with them is ignoring aka don't feed 'em. They'll never have their way as, plain and simple, accepting their dictatorshiplike propaganda in the end won't bring cash. On the other hand, it's good they exist as their cretinism can be (ab)used to create some fuss which is basically free advertising.

Actually a few of us already posted some of those in TV series thread, but since it's animation, those got burried fast. :)
Maybe we need a separate thread about that. Dunno.
If you open one I'll (re)add my share of "mustsee" titles.

Really? I did not see, not even one. It does get buried fast.
But I did kind of looked, maybe find someone writing about animes.

I was thinking the same, for a Anime thread, but since I figured a lot of people on the Watch actually don't like anime, I didn't bother.

If you have a suggestion for a good one shoot it here, or in a new thread even. :)
But, I guess I got it pretty covered, I did watch the best ones and all the other seems so mediocre.

I tend to get turned on by beautiful half-naked girls no matter how many times I've seen them.

I don't even need the 'half naked' modifier ... in fact, sometimes I find that 'less is more'. But regardless ... women definitely make the world a better place :)

Well you haven't seen enough then ;)

Every year I get older and apparently the quota for 'enough' keeps growing ... ;)

Here you guys we actual have a manga and anime thread.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15979&highlight=anime

As for me I'm a proud watcher of anime since the 1980's. Though I have to say modern censorship in Japan nowadays is running a lot of anime shows on TV.

Usually I wait for BD releases to import, or watch them on crunchyroll.:)

That thread includes manga and is as old as a Bible.
We need a non-manga thread.

I think there is some truth to that.

Recently I went to lunch with some collages who came from India and only been in the UK for like 6 months. It was very hot outside and most of the girls were in hot pants or mini skirts. These guys turned into very honey badgers very quickly at the sight of these girls! To the rest of us it was normal every day occurrence during summer so we weren't turned on like they were! We were turned on a bit but not the same extent as those guys. ;) Anyway girls dressed like that is very rare in India so any more than usual amount of flesh is big turn on for these guys. So like you say, overexpose can have negative effects in the long run. :)

Of course, in Muslim countries this can also be seen, in many of those women are usually much more dressed than in India even, if some lightly dressed beauty come walking from the beach some of those guys are literally drooling.

The Japanese working hard of course contribute to the problem, but I think over sexualization has much to do with it as well.

Back
Top Bottom