Underworld Ascendant - New Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
As shared by 'you' a new trailer for Underworld Ascendant has been released.

Discover The Stygian Abyss! Underworld Ascendant’s newly released trailer gives fans a deeper look into the game’s deadly environment, featuring panoramic shots of dungeon-esque surroundings and bubbling magma – not to mention varying weapons and skill sets players will have at their disposal to cleverly best lurking creatures and overcome physics-based traps. Featuring in-game character, enigmatic advisor Cabirus (Stephen Russell - Thief) and the voice of rogish ally Aelita (Fryda Wolff - XCOM 2, Fallout 4) – it shows off unique gameplay in the highly interactive dungeon, The Stygian Abyss. Coming to Steam 2018

[...]
More information.

Looks to be shaping up! I backed this because I have met some of the great devs that are making this game. When Warren joined up,I figured it’s a no-brainer: the game should have some fantastic touches. Cool to see the Thief-like torch system in place. Hopefully it ends up being the deep, intriguing, fulfilling, and fun game everyone wants to see.

Trailer looks good. Hope it plays like the original games.

This is horrible. Not even a spark of enthusiasm sprung while I watch-skipped the video, where nothing is screaming at me to buy-buy-buy!

I'm with mercy here. There was absolutely nothing in that presentation I'd yell gimme gimme.
But it's just a trailer. Bad made in my opinion trailer doesn't mean the actual game will suck.

It is all great, I fully expect this game to be excellent. Sounds like there will be a huge selection of weapons and I'm really looking forward to trying a bunch out and smashing all the critters.

It is all great, I fully expect this game to be excellent. Sounds like there will be a huge selection of weapons and I'm really looking forward to trying a bunch out and smashing all the critters.

You might be looking for the wrong game. The devs are talking about winning without killing anything, and so forth.

Oh, I don't know how anyone else will play the game, but I will be slaughtering stuff from the beginning to the finale. My axe/sword is my method of diplomacy!

We like to build games where you don't HAVE to bash everything in order to proceed, but if you're the kind of player who enjoys combat, a variety of weapons, and crazy wushu movement options to help you get the drop on enemies… we built for that too :)

We'll be able to share more features once the game is further along... we're still in Alpha, so there's a lot more to fix, expand, and fine tune.

Looks good. I'd think it would be quite a challenge, though, to design the game such that radically different play styles are viable and satisfying. It's been done, but not too often.

We like to build games where you don't HAVE to bash everything in order to proceed, but if you're the kind of player who enjoys combat, a variety of weapons, and crazy wushu movement options to help you get the drop on enemies… we built for that too :)

Thats good. But I think that more players are little worried about the design of the whole world, its cohesiveness and immersion, the NPCs, dialogues, quests and also character system… that is something we didnt see so far.

Thats good. But I think that more players are little worried about the design of the whole world, its cohesiveness and immersion, the NPCs, dialogues, quests and also character system… that is something we didnt see so far.

That's fair. We've been able to show the most polished parts of the game so far (the physics and mechanics system is chewing up most of our attention and production time because of how much our game hinges on making gameplay feel good), but we're looking to devote trailers to the narrative and quest systems soon!

Back
Top Bottom