HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Update 2.1.010 for Dungeons of Chaos is now live:

BIG UPDATE INCOMING !

v2.1.010 is now live and brings the following:

• after you have finished the game, a new game mode will appear when you start a new game; you can try the game with a preset party, preset difficulty and sometimes cap to achievement xp. Succeeding with any of these trigger new related achievements.
  • new boss: draco lich. and in-fight minions and surrounding undead minotaurs. all in new map: crumbling minotaur keep. new boss is the biggest yet and has nasty tactics
  • reduced the array of armor and shields that BA/BE can use. they should bash and kill, not tank and block like a knight.
  • added some new shields, will soon be added as unique loot or arena rewards
  • lifted str/dex requirements for some powerful armor.
  • added a new armor, will soon be added as unique loot or arena reward
  • changed both BA and BE level rotation bonus to "str","hp","armor +8","str","resist elem +3”,"hp","str"
  • fixed an issue where offhand weapons were deemed in use when fighting unarmed (fists or cestus/knuckles)
  • the rogue in the chapter 1 smuggler village now sells some basic offhand items
  • added RAGE to the skills the berserkers train
  • fixes speed bonus on juvenator staff
More information.

I enjoyed it for a while, then I tried it on full auto mode and found the game could pretty much play itself almost as well. That drained a bit of the interest for me, so I've shelved it for now.

I think combat would be more interesting if you could move more than one square per turn; say two squares for heavy armor and three for light.

117 h in and still having fun!

Although, I also would like movement of more than one square and different movement rates for the classes/races. Maybe in the next game...

Looking lovely and has a soul.

I had a DoC orgy over the weekend. Just me, the comp, and a horde of snacks.
@joxer;, this is a ipad/phone game port, just to warn ya.

It's super cheap, @Fluent;. Like $8. It gives the Eschalon vibe of games that I know you've played. Once you finish it, the game opens up challenge scenarios. Say play a party of all Troll druids, etc.

Last edited:
@crpgnut;, Sounds great, but I can't really spend any money right now. There are a bunch of RPGs I'd like to grab and just can't yet. It's all good though. I don't want to buy a cheap key or get a free copy, I def want to financially support the devs. Just have to wait a bit.

I enjoyed it for a while, then I tried it on full auto mode and found the game could pretty much play itself almost as well. That drained a bit of the interest for me, so I've shelved it for now.

I think combat would be more interesting if you could move more than one square per turn; say two squares for heavy armor and three for light.

I'd love to see anyone play full auto against anything more than the fodder mobs, unless they're highly over-leveled for the area. When did you play? If you tackle the spiders at level 3, they're tough. If you wait till you're level 15 they're full auto, etc. Same with the tomb. That thing was step by step and trying to not use up too much magic so I could have some left over for the next battle. I play on hard or very hard though. There are a ton of difficulty options to tweak combat to your abilities. Treasure is better on the highest levels. For instance, you're more likely to find spell books if you are up near insane difficulty.

As far as moving one square per turn that isn't exactly right. My rogue typically gets 3 moves in a single round of combat. He'll move, then two other folks get a turn, then he moves again, then another 3 folks, then my rogue and finally my slow ass fighter :) So while he does only move one square or make one attack each time, he gets 3 times before each creature/player has 1. This is due to his high speed rating. This is the deepest combat game I've seen in a while.

What level were you when you quit, @rjshae;? All of my experiences are in chapter one, so you could well be right and the later areas are all a pushover. I haven't been past the first island, but I find the combat very satisfying here and I generally don't care for party-based/turn-based games. Or as Chien likes to say UgoIgo :D

Posted in it's own post instead of the one above… @Fluent; I owe you a game and Aledorn looks like vaporware. I could buy you this instead if you need a game to play. Aledorn hasn't had a new post on the blog in over a year....

Posted in it's own post instead of the one above… @Fluent; I owe you a game and Aledorn looks like vaporware. I could buy you this instead if you need a game to play. Aledorn hasn't had a new post on the blog in over a year….

Appreciate the offer 'nut but I'll pass for now as I have games to play. Still playing (and recording) ELEX and what not, and have a few other oldies I'd like to check out. :thumbsup:

What level were you when you quit, @rjshae;? All of my experiences are in chapter one, so you could well be right and the later areas are all a pushover. I haven't been past the first island, but I find the combat very satisfying here and I generally don't care for party-based/turn-based games. Or as Chien likes to say UgoIgo :D

Yes, I'd say the early levels probably need more interaction. I was around level twelve when I switched to auto mode. Save for the boss monster fights, most of the battles were winnable without interaction.

Okay, I will be pushing the difficulty slider up for those. I tweak it quite a bit as I play anyway. I start hard and then move up or down depending on how the fights play out and/or loot acquired. If creatures don't drop loot, then I keep it at just hard. If the loot is good though I'll bump up the difficulty because it increases the number of drops, but not necessarily the quality. More stuffs to sell is always good though.

As I play more I've been able to set several battles to auto also. I still have to manually manage bigger fights but the common fodder is easily done on auto. This hasn't bothered me much as I'm mostly looking for loot to tackle the higher level mobs. You can and will find fights that are WAY over your head and it's fun to gear up and come back to those and/or figure out a tactic that will win the fight for you. For instance, I just couldn't beat this undead creature until I finally hit him with a lightning spell. This particular mob is resistant to almost everything, but pitifully weak against electricity. 15 losses became an easy win with the right tactic. I put a lightning dirk on my rogue and back-stabbed it to 2nd-death.

Back
Top Bottom