THQ Nordic - Acquires Deep Silver parent Koch Media

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gematsu THQ Nordic has acquired Koch Media which means THQ Nordic now has access to the Metro and Saints Row IP.

[...]
“Koch Media has a long history of profitability despite losses incurred from some less successful game releases,” THQ Nordic CEO Lars Wingefors said in the press release. “THQ Nordic is convinced that the development studios of Deep Silver as part of THQ Nordic will successfully deliver at least four ongoing AAA game projects including Metro Exodus as well as the next Volition Studio AAA release and the next Dambuster Studio AAA release, together with a number of other game development and publishing titles.”

[...]
More information.

And thus another international conglomerate to compete with Ubi was born.

In this case I can't be negative Nancy though, as Nordic Games currently known as THQ Nordic and in future possibly Koch THQ Nordic, so far didn't push shady business, okay scams, with AAA titles.

I always had a high respect of Koch Media. No more.

I bet that they'll throw away or sell Koch Media's music publishing part.

Any company with "Nordic" in their title automatically gets a bump in their favorability factor from me...:biggrin:

Where does THQ Nordic get all the money for these acquisitions? Just wondering ...

I like that these guys are willing to fund a wide variety of IPs. Its in stark contrast to other publishers which are looking to release fewer titles with more microtransactions.

Back
Top Bottom