Star Citizen Info Thread

I was quoting SirJames quoting RSI two posts before my post. Definitely a BAD thing.

Single player is still in, though, as far as I know.

They updated the board but development is still going strong a year from now. I wonder how many people that donated originally are going to be impossible to track down? A lot of email addresses change over 7+ years.

Singleplayer is called "Squadron 42".

I think the main storyline is about 10 hours long, but you can fly around doing random quests after you win.

It was CitizenCon yesterday and we got a new SQ42 trailer!

Now the question is if Ben Mendelssohn is a bad guy in the game like 99.9% of his movie characters.

Excellent trailer. The performances are particularly good.

I really hope they can get Squadron 42 completed. That's the only part that of all this that interests me.

Last edited:
Last seen explaining how the rest of us are lost in a confused sea of passions and ego, whereas he is an altogether more Vulkan-like being of dispassionate logic. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I really hope they can get Squadron 42 completed. That's the only part that of all this that interests me.

Here is the slice with the tech hurdles holding SQ42 back from yesterday presentation.

Looking at the roadmap, most of these things are planned for the end of the year and early next year. So a late 2019 or early 2020 release might be what they are aiming for. That is if they don't decide to change something again, like they did with changing the AI to use subsumption forcing them to rewrite all of it.

Thanks. Still some pretty fundamental stuff up in the air, by the sounds of it.

Still not interested as other games fill this niche, and you won't need a super computer to run it. So how long as it been already six or seven years since it was funded.
Where has DA gone?
Gone we banished him away again.

I must say, though, that if I saw that trailer in isolation, without all the rest of the baggage of this project, it would jump to being high on my list. I'm very finicky about style and tone, and what they showed in the trailer is very much my cup of tea. So, I'm just crossing fingers that it will actually materialise one day.

It does look good. The problem is, the longer i go without hearing any news, the more i forget that it even exists. So, hopefully news becomes more frequent as it approaches release.

It does look good. The problem is, the longer i go without hearing any news, the more i forget that it even exists. So, hopefully news becomes more frequent as it approaches release.

They release weekly and monthly updates on the games development and it's rare that Around the Verse doesn't have in-game footage or "in-dev footage". It's just not posted here or on other gaming news websites.

I just take a peek once a month personally.

It was CitizenCon yesterday and we got a new SQ42 trailer!

Now the question is if Ben Mendelssohn is a bad guy in the game like 99.9% of his movie characters.

That looks nothing short of amazing. My main worry is that the SP portion will only be an afterthought, and offer only 10 hours worth of playing time or so. I've not really been following development, so my concerns might be unfounded.

Also, was that Gillian Anderson, John Rhys-Davies and the Onion Knight (Liam Cunningham)? O_O

My (very) optimistic scenario is that it might work the other way round. They will eventually hit a cash crisis, probably sooner rather than later, and they might see the wisdom in prioritising the release of Squadron 42, to raise some money to continue with the rest of it.

My (very) optimistic scenario is that it might work the other way round. They will eventually hit a cash crisis, probably sooner rather than later, and they might see the wisdom in prioritising the release of Squadron 42, to raise some money to continue with the rest of it.
Nah the community will fork over a few million more on new digital times.

It's how the game has continued to be developed as long as it has. As the kickstarter money is probably long gone by now, but hey what do I know. Right?

That looks nothing short of amazing. My main worry is that the SP portion will only be an afterthought, and offer only 10 hours worth of playing time or so. I've not really been following development, so my concerns might be unfounded.

They were trying to make a 20 hours long game originally (back in 2012), but by 2016 they had a 1255 pages script with 340 speaking roles. That's about 20 hours of just dialogues, doesn't include gameplay content. That's close to what ME1 had with a ~1200 pages script for comparison.

I'll say they are currently targeting 30-40 hours with gameplay content.

Also, was that Gillian Anderson, John Rhys-Davies and the Onion Knight (Liam Cunningham)? O_O

Yes. Chris used his ex-life at Hollywood to get a A level cast for the game (it was a stretch goal) and then decided to get their faces into the game because the Wing Commander games used real-life cutscenes.

Yes. Chris used his ex-life at Hollywood to get a A level cast for the game (it was a stretch goal) and then decided to get their faces into the game because the Wing Commander games used real-life cutscenes.

Color me impressed. Was there also a stretch goal to make Gillian's character romanceable? ;)

I'll just drop this picture here ( not photo shopped, I swear!), seems ship preorders are going well

KWzFoKA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom