What games are you playing now?

Finished Jedi Knight II last night and made a bunch of progress in Baldur's Gate 2 EE on the iPad and Iceland Dale EE on Android.

Now started on PC/Mac - all replays:
- Neverwinter Nights
- Divine Divinity (on Mac)
- Arcanum

And just downloaded Temple of Elemental Evil on the Mac to play as well ... ugh. Too many great games :)

When I'm feeling lazy and single-player-y, it's my wife that starts aggroing me to get back on our MMO's (we actually met on WoW...I've mentioned this elsewhere). And competitiveness…

A couple years ago, she challenged me to a round of Soul Calibur 4. She wanted to insult me by beating me to death with meat stick Lizardman. I barely beat her - just barely - with my custom character with a soul of Amy. She barely spoke to me the rest of the night.

I don't dare pvp against her. She would destroy me completely, and spend the rest of her life gloating over her victory.

We'll stick to pve. And she can tank, and I can heal, and everyone's happy…

And belfs ftw. :) Why make anything else? ;)

Finished Jedi Knight II last night and made a bunch of progress in Baldur's Gate 2 EE on the iPad and Iceland Dale EE on Android

Jedi Outcast and BG2? Two of my absolute favourites. Good times.

I'm finding myself struggling to complete Legend of Grimrock II.

I'm not sure why exactly.

Yeah, I know why I'm struggling. I promised myself I wouldn't use walkthroughs for any of the puzzles this time. Unfortunately, I'm quite stupid, so....

Yeah, I know why I'm struggling. I promised myself I wouldn't use walkthroughs for any of the puzzles this time. Unfortunately, I'm quite stupid, so….

No. Only smart people are Grimrock fans. :D

I kind of miss the days of no internet. Where it was an adventure trying to search the local BBS listings for walkthroughs or find friends who had hints for you.

Yeah, I know why I'm struggling. I promised myself I wouldn't use walkthroughs for any of the puzzles this time. Unfortunately, I'm quite stupid, so….

I've moved on to playing Valkyria Chronicles. I'm sure I'll go back to LoG 2 someday, but it just doesn't fit my gaming mood right now.

I think part of the problem was my insistence on not using the auto-map. I completed LoG 1 without ever using a map, but it's definitely a lot harder to do that in the sequel. Since I haven't had time to game on a daily basis, I found myself being lost after not playing for a day or 2.

And belfs ftw. :) Why make anything else? ;)

Yeah, especially since Bliz let us transmog outfits!!! Which reminds me, here are some of my SS from the past (I don't play WoW anymore).

I'm the red hair belf. Black/blue hair is my hubby's toon ;)

Attachments

• Sheri and Falynn2.jpg
    Sheri and Falynn2.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Sheri and rabbit1.jpg
    Sheri and rabbit1.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Sheri - Assistant Professor Sheri.jpg
    Sheri - Assistant Professor Sheri.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Sheri - Sheri of Silvermoon.jpg
    Sheri - Sheri of Silvermoon.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 80
  • Sheri - Sheri the Love Fool.jpg
    Sheri - Sheri the Love Fool.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Sheri - Sheri the Noble.jpg
    Sheri - Sheri the Noble.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 15
I was really excited to start playing Arx Fatalis. Sadly it looks like I will have to abandon it.

Had a tough to solve problem with the latest patch failing because of some sort of permissions problem. Finally resolved it. Started playing, but got stuck with spellcasting. I had read that rune drawing was tricky, but was looking forward to something new (to me at least). The animation glows so much that it blurs runes into large blobs. Can't really see what I'm doing, and I think it's making the software unable to properly recognize any but the simplest of runes. I was unable to trace the basic fire rune despite hundreds of attempts.

If anyone knows of a fix for runes that glow too much, please let me know. I've trawled through all the GOG, Steam, Nordic, TTLG, and Bethesda forums for someone having similar issues, to no avail. Maybe I need to buy it on Steam or GOG, but not certain since it could be an issue with my system.

So I'm installing Crysis Warhead. Hopefully it will be a less buggy experience than Crysis.

Last edited:
Yeah, especially since Bliz let us transmog outfits!!! Which reminds me, here are some of my SS from the past (I don't play WoW anymore).

I'm the red hair belf. Black/blue hair is my hubby's toon ;)

She's a cutie!! The only thing better than a cute belf chick is a cute belf chick with red hair. ;)

It kinda makes me miss my hottie redhead belf mage...

Good idea. Not sure if I'll be trading some bugs for others though. After wasting a whole day on this, I wonder if it's really worth any more of my time.

Arx Libertatis has got some real issues when performing spells. I casted once but now I no longer. It's a pity because they seem to resolve most of the other issues from the vanilla version.

When I'm feeling lazy and single-player-y, it's my wife that starts aggroing me to get back on our MMO's (we actually met on WoW…I've mentioned this elsewhere).

Really nice story thats warms any roleplayer's heart :)

I wonder how many lives MMOs have brought together since the early ultima online.

So launching a game can turn out to be one of the best decions one could do! :)

Playing Diablo 3 again, this time with the Reaper of Souls expansion that I acquired recently (the CE).
I started over in Act I with the new Crusader class and am at the beginning of Act II now. It's a much better game now than when I last finished the vanilla game last year.
Last time I played, there was still the RMAH and it was before all the loot patches.
Back in the day I finished the game with a Witch Doctor and IIRC I got exactly one legendary (orange) item throughout the entire game(!). The rest was all just whites, blues and yellows.
Now I got two oranges just in Act I alone and lots of yellows and blues and only a few useless whites.
Crafting also seems to be much improved and the new Crusader class is fun so far.
There's also plenty of new game modes and challenges etc. - There is A LOT more "game" there now than 18 months ago when I last played.

All in all I'd say that this is the way Diablo 3 should have been like at launch. I'm not a huge hack'n'slash fan but the game is actually pretty good fun now. I mostly wanted to play just Act V (Reaper of Souls) but thanks to playing with a new class and the many changes, this is one of the rare cases where I don't mind replaying the game.

My only gripe would be the game's balance. Act I was way too easy including 'The Butcher' this time which was a pushover fight. Back when I played vanilla, Act I was similarly easy but 'The Butcher' was a massive difficulty spike all of a sudden. Not anymore. I barely lost any health in that fight now and didn't even have to stay away from the burning floor tiles. Easy as pie.
I hope that Act II, III, IV and especially V will actually make me use and swap around some of the special active and passive abilities.

just grabbed that bundle of Baldur's Gate-like games from GOG (dunno if anyone wants to talk about the merits and hazards of making games THIS cheap, I felt fairly guilty about the low price but still clicked Purchase, lol... still, I once owned Baldur's Gate + Sword's Coast boxed many years ago)

I don't remember ever finishing the game, always being too lackadaisical with the results of combat and slow to reload, carrying on after battles that were lost for all intents-and-purposes just to see what came next, as well as failing shoplifting attempts, messing up conversations, you name it. Suppose it's time to be a little more methodical this time around!

The only ones there I haven't tried are theD&D titled game and the forgotten realms game, are they any good? What do they play like?

All of the BG, Icewind Dale, planescape and so on, for $21 … Here is the link - http://www.gog.com/promo/big_fall_hasbro_bundle_121114

If you get into the Infinity Engine style of combat, you are in for a one long treat. There is weeks of quality gaming in that lot.

Worth doing a bit of modding to bring them up to spec. I wonder if there's a thread on recommended mod selection for the IE games around here somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom