King's Bounty - Gaming History - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King's Bounty - Gaming History

Default King's Bounty - Gaming History

December 2nd, 2016, 21:58
@GamingGHD they look back at Kings Bounty: The Legend, calling it the best comeback in gaming history.

loading…

26 years ago, King's Bounty didn't really make a big splash in the industry. But it resonated enough with the right players to lead to the definition and the refinement of an entire genre. And 18 years later it lead to a fantastic game.

Buy King's Bounty The Legend on GOG
http://bit.ly/2fTj5zV
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

December 2nd, 2016, 21:58
I would really like to see a king's bounty 2. Would most likely buy it in an instant.
Not an medicore expansion of sorts.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2016, 00:50
Originally Posted by ikbenrichard View Post
I would really like to see a king's bounty 2. Would most likely buy it in an instant.
Biggest negative about the expansions is that they were obviously rushed through the QA as they went on. I'd also like an proper second game but everyone gives the expansions hard time because they're just more of the same. Well, yeah.

Rahdulan

Irregular Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2016, 02:19
I have played them all though I haven't finished KB Dark Side yet, so obviously I enjoy them as they are mostly just more of the same. I like the tun based HOMM style combat without having to worry about the base building aspects.

Xian

Sentinel

December 3rd, 2016, 02:54
I hope they will release a next game. The soundtracks were great. Masterpiece

alexbel

Traveler

December 3rd, 2016, 04:31
My old story was paying the C$40 for the original 25 years ago and being angry that it was too short. That kind of money was not easy for me to come by in those days.

So I was so happy when Heroes of Might and Magic came out.

Of course, the Russian developers of the new King's Bounty didn't originally call it that, they got sued for "stealing" HoMM. Buying the name for KB was a much cheaper solution. They never counter-sued AFAIK.
Originally Posted by ikbenrichard
So would I. I loved the fact that the sequels/expansions were more of the same but even that got tired around the third time.
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
+1:

December 3rd, 2016, 06:20
I like the KB games, but the sequels are almost the same thing as 1, same spells, very similar units, gameplay almost exactly the same. Now I'm not asking for them to dramatically change the system, but at least the units and spells should change a bit. HoMM for example, every iteration has different units, even for the same factions, and even the units that repeat have different abilities. That's what I'd like to see in KB.
Also 3 and 4 were too long for my taste, like remove an island in each game and it'd be perfect.
Last edited by wolfing; December 3rd, 2016 at 15:06.

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2016, 10:42
I thought KB: The Legend was excellent. I enjoyed Armored Princess as well, but the formula was already getting a little stale by the end of that game. I purchased Warriors of the North, but couldn't bring myself to play it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2016, 12:38
Originally Posted by Xian View Post
I have played them all though I haven't finished KB Dark Side yet, so obviously I enjoy them as they are mostly just more of the same. I like the tun based HOMM style combat without having to worry about the base building aspects.
Dark Side was kinda convoluted and poorly play tested. I didn't finish it either, but I love these games.

elco

Watcher

December 3rd, 2016, 13:47
Some of my all time fave games, I have sunk thousands of hours into the King's Bounties. I too would love a proper sequel, with more playtest time, and then patches preferably. (something which became somewhat shoddy by the latter games)

Daniel.

darklord

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2016, 14:11
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I thought KB: The Legend was excellent. I enjoyed Armored Princess as well, but the formula was already getting a little stale by the end of that game. I purchased Warriors of the North, but couldn't bring myself to play it.
I am pretty sure I launched WotN and bought Dark Side … but otherwise pretty much same.
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2016, 21:49
Kings Bounty Legend and Armored Princess and the newest one was amazing! This series is the best in the genre.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King's Bounty - Gaming History