Obsidian Entertainment - News - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obsidian Entertainment - News

Default Obsidian Entertainment - News

September 10th, 2017, 17:20
Farflame has collected some news about Obsidian:

Eurogamer:

We take a walk around Obsidian Entertainment (and narrowly avoid their secret project)

loading…

Eurogamer:

The making of Alpha Protocol, Obsidian's secret best RPG

Imagine a glitzy cinematic sequence where you, as a secret agent, fight your way through an aeroplane soaring through the sky. You're pressing button prompts appearing on the screen while your hero whacks, chops, spins and kicks at the baddie in your way. "You fight all the way down until eventually you beat the guy and rip off his parachute and, I don't know, break his neck, and he floats off and you use his parachute to land." Sounds great, like a James Bond or Jack Bauer or Jason Bourne scene, or something from Uncharted 3, which hadn't been made yet.

[…]
Rock Paper Shotgun:

If you treat them as the enemy, itís not going to be a good relationship.Ē Obsidianís Feargus Urquhart on publishers

Since its foundation in 2003, Obsidian Entertainment has worked with seven different publishers. Commencing with LucasArts on Knights of the Old Republic II, Obsidian has since signed contracts with Atari, SEGA, Bethesda, Square Enix, Ubisoft and most recently, Paradox Interactive. In fact, up until Pillars of Eternity [official site], every single game Obsidian had made was funded and distributed by a different publisher.

[…]
Rock Paper Shotgun:

Obsidian on Tyrannyís expansion & writing believable evil

Most games that put you into the shoes of the bad guys are about reveling in evil, gleefully causing havoc and destruction like a toddler whoís got into the stationary box. Obsidianís RPG Tyranny is different.

[…]
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)

September 10th, 2017, 17:20
The making of Alpha Protocol, Obsidian's secret best RPG
I read this as:
"The making of checkpoints on PC, Obsidian's secret how to ensure low sales"

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 223 Post(s)
+1:

September 10th, 2017, 17:38
Got a little misty-eyed when Feargus pulled the dusty old NWN PC game off the shelf of the forgotten cabinet in the darkest regions of the building… I miss single player Forgotten Realms RPGs.

Anyway, cool tour. I never would have thought Obsidian was that big-- rent must cost a fortune there! As for the secret project- I desperately would like to see an Obsidian-made Fallout game based in the San Francisco area.

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

September 10th, 2017, 18:21
I don't know why I think this, but I wonder if it is a new starwars rpg?
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obsidian Entertainment - News